Pregnancy and Hashimoto's!

TinyD22

Reaction score
Hi all, I found out on Friday that I'm pregnant with baby number 2....YAY!!! I'm only around 4 weeks, but I have Hashimotos Thyroiditis. I'm aware that my meds need to adjusted as soon as possible, I phoned the dr on Friday only to be told there is no appointments available for 4 weeks!! I know it's a long shot, but does anyone else happen to have Hashimotos and know roughly how much my meds should be adjusted. I hate my Dr's right now lol x

Roughly about 25mcg from as soon as you find out but every woman differs. What was your last tsh?? I have hashimotos and just yesterday delivered my son. I was in 75mcg and went up to 100mcg. X

I'm currently on 200mg, so I only have multiples of 100....typical lol I have no idea what my tsh was, they only tell me when its really high. It was up at 179 a few years ago. Congratulations on the birth of your son :) I hope all went well and both you and baby are doing good! I'm going to phone the surgery again tomorrow and leave a message for the Dr, maybe once they know what's going on I may be seen quicker x

Thanks hun! Are you on the uk? I would just ask for the duty doctor to call you and ask for some advice. Good luck with trying to sort it out. X

I think its up to 25% but def check with ur dr
They prob do 25 first
And if u need it after another 25
Hope u get seen fast xx

Thanx :) yeah I'm in Sunny Scotland lol I phoned the doctor yesterday morning and he asked me to come in straight away. Fortunately all my blood were done 2 weeks ago and my TSH T3 and T4 were all perfect, I'm anaemic though and I've been back on iron pills for the past 2 weeks. So he slightly upped my iron but said to leave my levothyroxine dose at 200mg just now and I've to have bloods done again in 2 weeks time. First appointment with the midwife isn't until the 10th of May, he's trying to get me an earlier appointment but I haven't heard anything yet. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->