Pregnancy and treatment for anxiety

sophie22

Reaction score
Is anyone on any?
I have just found out I am pregnant with our 3rd. I suffered terribly with anxiety last time round. I was in hospital so much with raised blood pressure. They induced me at 37 weeks. The blood pressure carried on and after a 24 hour test they said it was anxiety. And was just up when at Drs so chances are it may well have been the reason I was induced!!!
My gp has given me citalopram 10mg but I've never take. Anti depressants before and have a fear of medication and side effects so am really scared to take it.
Anyone got any experience?

Hello,

I don't have any experience with this except that I am pregnant with my first and having some anxiety. I would ask to see if you can take melatonin which is more natural. I plan on asking about that. Sorry I can be more help! H&H9

I just wanted to give you some hope from a fellow anxiety sufferer! I struggled horribly during my first pregnancy. It was so difficult for both myself and my DH. This time around I had it the first few weeks and I thought here I go again and then at about 8 weeks it disappeared!!! I feel the most relaxed I've felt in years. I'm hoping your will vanish as well but if it doesn't I hope you can find something that works! CBT and yoga are my natural alternatives if you feel more comfortable with that. They are a typical answer but really do work!! Best of luck and congrats!

Thank you for your replies. I have actually bought some yoga dvds and Mindfullness books I am waiting on delivery. I already go to psychotherapy and am correcting my low vitamin d and iron levels. I wanted to take a b complex stress remedy and magnesium as I've heard these are good for anxiety but I don't know as I've bought pregnacare and I don't want to be taking too much of some but not knowing if I'm not getting enough of the other stuff if I take that stuff and not the pregnacare. I may wait until I have my booking appointment and ask the midwife. I just feel ridiculous because I go and ask for help and then don't want the stuff!

I'm still a month away, but I made an appointment with a reproductive psychiatrist for July 25th because my anxiety and depression are so bad after a loss in February and what I'm afraid is going to be a second loss now. If you want to set a reminder on your calendar and pm me, I'd be happy to tell you what she says. (I know it's far away though). She's an expert in teratogens. I'm very afraid of side effects and skeptical of VERY sketchy advice on meds I got from another doctor, so I booked a consult with her in case I can't do this on my own any longer.

I do recommend yoga though. I found a really good teacher and it made a difference. Sometimes I have a hard time focusing when I'm at home doing dvd's. I'm actually so desperate that I'm wondering about hypnotherapy. Haha weird, but if people stop smoking with it, maybe I can break my bad thinking habits. Good luck!

Hi, thanks Yes I will do that. I hope it works out for you this time. I am wanting to try hypnotherapy also! its quite expensive though so I was holding off but I definitely will soon!

You should try meditation and hypnosis. There are ton of free hypnosis sessions available on YouTube. You can try them.

I came off my 40mg citalopram when I got my bfp because there is a small risk of birth defects such as hole in the heart and other things the risk is small but because of my high dose the doctor has agreed and now.just being closely monitored for my anxiety

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->