Pregnancy announcement ideas?

laughingduck

Mother of one daughter
Reaction score
So I still havent told my dad or siblings that I am pregnant. We are all going out for New Years Eve dinner tonight and they will all be there so it seems like a good time. I'm having so much trouble coming up with how I'd like to announce it though. I'm not really someone who likes being the center of attention, so standing up and saying "hey I'm pregnant" doesn't sound like fun to me. Also, my 4 year old daughter will be there and she doesn't know yet and I'd like to keep it that way until my 12 weeks scan so I'm not sure how to say it without her knowing. I was thinking of maybe getting my partner to take her to the washroom or something, but it would be nice if he were there too... Anyway, just wondered if anyone on here had any ideas?

Hmm that's tricky. How much would your daughter understand? Like if you were to say something like "There's going to be an addition on (insert due date here)!". Would she understand that you mean a baby?

I can't seem to insert pictures, but this is what I did in a way. It's a poem I found on pinterest. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/460915343093820902/
I put it in a frame then in a box with a Onesie and a frame that said grandchildren on it, then wrapped it as a Christmas present. My mom got through 1 and a half lines and started crying then handed it to my dad and he got half through and started crying :) This is their first grandchild though so maybe it wouldn't work as good. I can paste the poem if the link doesn't work :)

Could you maybe get them a card that says grandparent or something on and then just write something inside? You don't have to say it then they can just read it! Let us know how it goes xx

Theraphosidae, I think there are, but I'm worried about people's immediate responses before I manage to tell them that she doesn't know yet!

Jac4315 the link didn't work, just sent me to pinterest.com. That's so cute you had your mom in tears though. My mom was in tears with her first grandbaby too :)

Laura a card may be a good idea, I can write right in it "Dont say anything out loud to Tegan!" And then write that I'm pregnant or whatever.

It would be so much more fun to tell them through her, or have her tell them. I wish I'd already had my 12 week scan and felt more confortable telling her!

I see no reason why you shouldn't tell them even though you haven't had your scan. They're close family so I think it'll be easier than if you were wondering how to announce it on Facebook or something. I like the card idea, I think that is creative. Another idea would be to get a T-shirt that said "Big Sister" on it for your 4 year old to wear. Not sure how much she can read yet but it would make an impression on the adults for sure :)

I see no reason why you shouldn't tell them even though you haven't had your scan. They're close family so I think it'll be easier than if you were wondering how to announce it on Facebook or something. I like the card idea, I think that is creative. Another idea would be to get a T-shirt that said "Big Sister" on it for your 4 year old to wear. Not sure how much she can read yet but it would make an impression on the adults for sure :)

Ya I really wanted to get her a shirt saying Big Sister or Only Child Expiring or the likes. She can make out most words bow though and of course people reading it would read it out loud to her.

In the end, I didn't tell anyone. Turns out the music was so loud my daughter would not have heard anything, but I just wasn't feeling excited about it so I'm just going to wait until my scan in 10 days and break the news then. They all know I have had two losses this year so I want to tell them once it's a sure thing and we can all be truly happy and excited. I'll just have to do it over facetime for the people I wont be seeing in person.

Thanks everyone for the ideas! Happy New Year everyone! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"