Pregnancy Anxiety normal? Help:(

MrsJ1987

Reaction score
Just found out I'm pregnant with my 1st. This was a complete shock!! I def. understand now how people just "get pregnant". I am suffering from a great deal of anxiety. I'm only about 6 weeks...go back next for a heartbeat. It has been a crazy roller coaster ride so far. I started out having bleeding, was having to have HCG checked every 2 days..back and forth...found out I had group b strep...now on antibiotics. There is now a sac with an egg. I am experiencing a great deal of anxiety:cry: 1st, my job has no benefits, I do have health care but its OUTRAGEOUS. My husband just changed jobs. I've been feeling nauseaous, tired,irritated, and ill:cry: I'm so overwhelmed! The things I once loved to eat and smell make me sick to my stomach. My mother bought me gifts already for the baby and I dont even want to look at them! I don't like to think or talk about it because it honestly scares me so much! Please tell me this is normal:( Please tell me this goes away and I will become excited about my baby:(

Oh god yeah. With my first I was so ill I just wished her away, thankfully she stayed and I couldn't be happier. I get so ill in my pregnancies it is hard to enjoy and I always get issues like bleeding, empty sacs, infections. It is hard to find the experience anything but a nightmare when it is like that. Don't try and force yourself to feel any different as you will only feel guilty if you don't, just let it be and as it all starts to calm down and you feel better , and see your baby looking like a baby on a scan it will all start to make you feel better :)

We weren't trying either, it "just happened." I know how some people wait and try (my brother and his wife have been trying for over a year now), so I feel bad saying this, but gosh I wish it had been a bit later. It's our own stupidity, I mean we'd been talking about having a kid for a while now, and then my husband had a very serious surgery in January that put life in perspective as a whole. I talked to several different friends who'd been recently pregnant and the average time to get pregnant for most of them (mind you, I'm in my 30s) has been somewhere between 6-12 months. So my husband and I talked about it in April-May and decided that, even though we didn't want to have a kid for another year or two (I'm finishing a PhD), that we should think about trying sometimes this fall or winter. So, following advice of my friends and doctor, I went off the pill ETC. Uh, guess it's sooner for some people than others, because we conceived in June without trying...... :x

Am I excited? Yes. Feeling sick and anxious? UNDERSTATEMENT.

Hmm, I guess I should say "trying" in the sense that we weren't "trying" for a baby. But as my husband succinctly puts it "we weren't doing a very good job at NOT trying." :p

I've spent the last 3 days mostly crying because I'm so scare about it, even though we tried for 3 years to get pregnant. I just feel utterly terrified - what if we get it wrong, don't love the baby enough, baby doesn't love us... It's ok to feel crappy about it sometimes. It's bloody huge and bloody scary. We're all here to help though

I think you ladies are perfectly within your right to feel the way you do. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for feeling that way. I got such abuse off another forum for wanting to wait off ppl who were trying ages. Just remember it is a scary thing and you will have moments you think God what have I done. It's ok to feel like that and it's normal xxx

My 1st pregnancy was unplanned surprise and was really bad timing. I found I was expecting about a month before I was due to start in the Police after it took me almost 2 yrs to get in with recruitment process. I never told them until my first day and was put on restricted duty almost immediately.

Hubby and I had only been married 3 months and had so many plans for that year but all that had to be put on hold. I had horrendous sickness and extreme tiredness. I'm ashamed to say I was almost wishing that I wasn't pregnant.

It wasn't until I had a scare at about 9 weeks and thought I was miscarrying that I realised that I love this little bean growing inside me. From that moment on I vowed to protect and love limitlessly this bean who is now my little 3.5yr old terror!

I've spent the last 3 days mostly crying because I'm so scare about it, even though we tried for 3 years to get pregnant. I just feel utterly terrified - what if we get it wrong, don't love the baby enough, baby doesn't love us... It's ok to feel crappy about it sometimes. It's bloody huge and bloody scary. We're all here to help though

Ladies, do not despair! I spent the first few weeks in deep shock and depression about my PLANNED pregnancy because I was so overwhelmed about it all. I worried about everything from my how my relationship with my husband will fare to whether I'll love the baby when it arrives. Believe me, it gets better as the weeks go by. You just need some time to get your head round this massive life changing event. I'm 13w tomorrow and, having seen my baby now, am getting really excited. I still have my scaredy-cat days but am feeling like I can cope again now. If I can do it, anyone can! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"