Pregnancy/Baby Dreams

ArtIsLife

Reaction score
I keep having dreams where I am pregnant or where I have a newborn, and they are the most vivid and real dreams I've ever had...SOOOO torturous! Ive had a few when I was very young, but since we have gotten married in November and decided we did want a baby (we didn't used to want kids) I've had them so often, and they feel so real, I wake up and cry because it wasn't real. (we will be TTC sometime this year).

Anyway, does anyone else have these dreams? If so, how often? And are you pregnant or a new mom in these dreams?

Same!! I also have dreams about telling people and being pregnant, having a newborn etc. They are super vivid!!

Glad I'm not the only one. I am hoping the dreams are prophetic and we won't have any difficulty concieving.....fingers crossed!! We are TTC in January.

Yes, I have had these. Not very often though. I remember on unusual one when the child was about one years old and was not my biological child, and I remember feeling incredibly protective of him. I still felt strongly about it when I woke up.

Yes I've had them too, not any really recently. But I've had them sporadically since I was 17/18.

Usually I'm suddenly very heavily pregnant after only just finding out about it (my mum didn't know she was pregnant with me till 20 weeks, so that could be partially linked), I've also had vague dreams about going into labour/giving birth, and whatever weird dream narrative that goes on sometimes morphs my two partners into one, or they end up tag teaming it in and out of the dream and subconscious me gets annoyed they don't just stay still so i can talk to them both at once.

Also had dreams about breastfeeding a couple of times :s

I keep having dreams where I am pregnant or where I have a newborn, and they are the most vivid and real dreams I've ever had...SOOOO torturous! Ive had a few when I was very young, but since we have gotten married in November and decided we did want a baby (we didn't used to want kids) I've had them so often, and they feel so real, I wake up and cry because it wasn't real. (we will be TTC sometime this year).

Anyway, does anyone else have these dreams? If so, how often? And are you pregnant or a new mom in these dreams?

Just after we got married I had LOTS of dreams like that. I was convinced it was cause we had gotten married and we were so secure although we didn't know at first when we were ttc.
We also got married in the November (2012) in the Jan I wasso broody it was eating me up, I found this site then and we set a ttc date for the July. I came off the pill in the march then we decided to "risk" it once in the May. We knew right then we were pregnant n now we have a gorgeous boy.

It sounds like your situation was very similar to ours was. Oh n the dreams get worse n sometimes even scary real once your pregnant so be prepared for that, quite a few women get vivid dreams when pregnant. If you do now, you most certainly will once you are pregnant :shrug:

I hope ttc comes round soon for you. I will never forget that longing before I had my first, at least this time I am distracted by my little boy :winkwink:

Yes I have these!!! Often about getting positive pregnancy tests or newborns

I have dreams about my current son and a second son as teenagers. They are very vivid with appearances and personalities. I often have to remind myself we have one baby right now. They definitely make me want to start ttc.

I have a dream about once a month - usually it's me giving birth to another baby girl, but once it was twins! I told my husband about it and he was excited about the possibility of having twins... me, not so much. :haha:

I agree with wtbmummy, pregnancy dreams can be intense!

The only time I dreamt I was pregnant was one week before my BFP so maybe my body was trying to tell me something!

Then I had freaky dreams when actually pg.

I have such vivid dreams, that compared to normal dreams i just can't tell if it's real or not. I sometimes just dream about being pregnant but lately i've dreamt about having a baby and looking after a newborn. And even when i wake up, i'll often be listening for the baby. I'm confused and upset when i wake up and it's not there.

I had a pregnancy scare in September and convinced myself i was pregnant, couldn't take a test for a few days so by the time i did i was 99.9% certain, obviously i wasn't but since then i've had pretty regular pregnancy dreams and it's like i have stayed pregnant in my head. A month or so ago i had a really scary dream where i was pregnant and when into labour early... we were ok though but it was soo real but the baby was really small and had to go into an incubator. Since i've been having more and more labour dreams, i think it worried me and now it's on my mind i guess.

Is it really going to be like this until we have a baby?

I haven't had a baby/pregnancy dream for a while. A few years ago I had one where I was pregnant with twins. :haha:

When I was younger and I had pregnancy dreams, it was mostly weird and creepy. There was always this question of "what? Who's the father? How'd that happen??" It was not a pleasant thing, lol. But now that I'm older, married and emotionally ready for a baby, my dreams about pregnancy are so sweet and wonderful. When I wake up, I'm sad that it wasn't real :(

Thanks for sharing, Ladies! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Ive had them since I was very young, but more so once DH and I decided to have a baby someday. I did (in real life lol) get pregnant once and lost it at only 7 weeks, (two years ago) and a very strong pregnancy dream was my first sign that I was pregnant. The love I feel for the babies in my dreams is so strong. I can only imagine what it will be like to hold it in my arms for real. Some days I want it so bad it hurts.

ou're not alone!! I've so many dream like that. It's often about giving birth (i'm very nervous about hospital birth, I would like to have a home birth but I'm also scared of it but for different reasons!), it's always awesome, at home, I feel the baby slip out of me but I don't feel any pain haha!

My last dream about baby, few days ago, was really funny. My husband and I were stopping at a cheap "highway restaurant" with our baby, I was going to change HER to the bathroom but... surprise, it was finally HIM. And "he" was "old", like 6 months haha. I was so worried to figure out how to tell that to my husband LOL.

LOL I love how weird dreams are when they suddenly change things like that, its like our brains are so flighty they can't decide what should be going on so it keeps changing things and people in the middle of the dream haha.

Speaking of baby dreams, I had a dream last night that my niece was born. I can't remember what happened but just that she was born.

Maybe it is because of this thread, but I had one of my rare parenthood related dreams last night. This was the first one where I was actually pregnant. I remember wanting to wait to find out the gender and was looking forward to the surprise. I also remember that I felt it was a boy.

Last night or this morning I had a dream where I was pregnant. In the dream I had the feeling too of being pregnant. For some reason Katy Perry was in the dream too. :haha: We took a picture together with some other people. It was a bit weird.

Most of my dreams are just of having positive tests. Actually about 90% of my pregnancy dreams are just getting a positive test. I don't even know what that means.

This is kind of an old thread, but I just wanted to open it back up again instead of making a new post. I just had the most wonderful dream that I found out I was pregnant and was starting to show. I had a cute little bump but I could still hide it under flowy shirts while at work. I think I dreamt about this because DH and I watched a documentary about conception and fetal development last night. Hahaha. Anyway, I hadn't had a pregnancy dream in a while and I woke up feeling so bad that it wasn't real. I'm getting so impatient now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->