pregnancy books for kids

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by aymz1983, Jun 3, 2011.

1. aymz1983

aymz1983 Well-Known Member

I've just bought muself a pregnamcy book to refresh myself with but thought it would be nice to get one for my 5 n half year old especially as she will no longer be the baby of the family lol. Sort of a childs way to view a pregnamcy, or something about becoming a big sister. DS is 8 amd such things are too 'little' for him lol but something that covers the both of them I guess, just want them to be involved with the new baby before its born :)
    So if anyone knows of any amd where to get them from would be most appreciated! Thanks

2. Baileysmommy

Baileysmommy Member

Wish I had an answer, but I'm curious as well :) Would love to have something to read to my 3 1/2 year old that might help him understand what's going to be happening in the future.

So far we're using the whole "big brother" thing to our advantage, without actually telling him LOL :) "If you want to be a big brother some day, you have to remember to brush your teeth" "If you want to be a big brother some day, you have to try your very best to get up at night to pee, no more pull ups" etc.

But yeah, a book to add to our little hints and comments would be great - so I'll be watching this thread!

3. 5-a-side

5-a-side Well-Known Member

I remember I had an Arthur book (the character off of the tv) for my eldest when I was last pregnant, it was more about adjusting if I remember rightly.
    Libraries should have some in "new experience" section for children.
    I did a quick google and HERE for a quick help but I'm sure you could google loads more.
    Hope thats of some help.

4. letshaveababy

letshaveababy Mommy of 4!!

I just googled childrens pregnancy books, and found a lot! I'm interested in finding something for my children, as well.

We've been updating them on what type of fruit the baby is week by week, and then we have to look for that food at the grocery store so they can see how big baby is. lol It's cute!

Also, especially for my almost 8 year old, I've been showing him pictures from the internet of what it looks like from the inside that week, or letting him read the details of how the baby is growing.

5. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member