pregnancy books for kids

aymz1983

Reaction score
I've just bought muself a pregnamcy book to refresh myself with but thought it would be nice to get one for my 5 n half year old especially as she will no longer be the baby of the family lol. Sort of a childs way to view a pregnamcy, or something about becoming a big sister. DS is 8 amd such things are too 'little' for him lol but something that covers the both of them I guess, just want them to be involved with the new baby before its born :)
So if anyone knows of any amd where to get them from would be most appreciated! Thanks

Wish I had an answer, but I'm curious as well :) Would love to have something to read to my 3 1/2 year old that might help him understand what's going to be happening in the future.

So far we're using the whole "big brother" thing to our advantage, without actually telling him LOL :) "If you want to be a big brother some day, you have to remember to brush your teeth" "If you want to be a big brother some day, you have to try your very best to get up at night to pee, no more pull ups" etc.

But yeah, a book to add to our little hints and comments would be great - so I'll be watching this thread!

I remember I had an Arthur book (the character off of the tv) for my eldest when I was last pregnant, it was more about adjusting if I remember rightly.
Libraries should have some in "new experience" section for children.
I did a quick google and HERE for a quick help but I'm sure you could google loads more.
Hope thats of some help.

I just googled childrens pregnancy books, and found a lot! I'm interested in finding something for my children, as well.

We've been updating them on what type of fruit the baby is week by week, and then we have to look for that food at the grocery store so they can see how big baby is. lol It's cute!

Also, especially for my almost 8 year old, I've been showing him pictures from the internet of what it looks like from the inside that week, or letting him read the details of how the baby is growing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Baby-G...=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1307118541&sr=1-6

my parents had this one for us when we were kids i liked it esp for the under 4 yr old group as it covers what they should know but no details of how things happen lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->