Pregnancy Brain!?!?!

IrishBaby1109

Kian's PROUD Mommy
Reaction score
Ok so I never really believed in PREGNANCY BRAIN :rofl: until it started happening to me...

I went to a baby expo with my OH and when we got home I was taking my things out of the truck (we bought and got some things for free there- baby stuff) and I started looking frantically for my handbag. I couldn't find it ANYWHERE!! I was freaking out and my OH is watching me as I'm proclaiming someone must have stole my bag cause it's not in the truck I can't find it. He started laughing hysterically after telling me to calm down, the truck was locked... and I turn to him pissed he's laughing at me... and he tells me my purse is on my shoulder!!! :dohh:

This morning, I was walking to the train and had taken my sweet time getting ready, no rush... even sat down and watched tv cause I had some extra time!! So proud of myself!! Well I get to the station (1/4 mile from my home) and I realize I needed to drive into work early, 1/2 hour ago to be exact, cause I needed to stop and pick up the tickets for tomorrow night's baseball game!!! I WAS SOOO mad at myself for forgetting this, when it had been what I was looking forward to all weekend long!!! I had left my house at 8am, for the 8:05 train... only to walk as fast as I can to my car and rush into the now traffic filled city!!! Only to be late to meet my friend for the ticket exchance AND late to work.... BOOO! haha:rofl:

Anyone else having a really funny "pregnancy brain" life??

Ha ha! That's funny.:rofl: I've heard similar stories. What causes Pregnancy Brain, I wonder?

Yip i've been as dopey as ever!!!!!!

Its actually really funny.
I keep mixing things up and my memory is awful!!!!!

My OH came home the other night to find a pair of scissors and toothbrush in the fridge!

DOH!

xxx

Yep me! Nothing as extreme as yours but in the last fews days I have done loads of dumb/dizzy things - me and OH are already saying I have pregnancy brain and I'm only 5 weeks!

These include looking thru MIL freezer for something the other day and saying "remind me to put those back in..." (jokingly) as I took some big things out and put them on the side. Normally I would remember something like that but, low and behold I nearly walked away leaving them on the side. I also keep forgetting to make parts of meals and stuff. Hope it doesn't get any worse, am going to have to start writing notes/lists for everything soon!

I was just making myself some toast. Took the bread out, some butter & poured my juice. When the timer on the toaster oven went off, I opened up an empty oven. Ahem....forgot to put the bread in!

Yup, I also have been suffering from Pregnancy Brain. I felt the same way before, that this was not real, and certainly wouldn't happen to me, but the other day I couldn't find my prenatal vitamins, and was sure that my husband had moved them from their spot on top of the microwave. Eventually I gave up and opened the microwave to heat up food and found my prenatal vitamins, in the microwave (don't worry, I did not heat up my vitamins!). I have also been so forgetful of everything.

I laugh at everything! Me and my mom got lunch and the lady beside us had ordered a fried sausage and I started laughing when I seen how big it was. Then in the store my mom was smelling soaps and I started cracking up because the thought of her getting some on the tip of her nose was hysterical.

Gosh, just typing this up makes me feel like a fruit cake! :dohh:

I laugh at everything! Me and my mom got lunch and the lady beside us had ordered a fried sausage and I started laughing when I seen how big it was. Then in the store my mom was smelling soaps and I started cracking up because the thought of her getting some on the tip of her nose was hysterical.

Gosh, just typing this up makes me feel like a fruit cake! :dohh:

HAHA that's great... makes me not feel so alone, my OH laughs at me all the time cause I'm more silly than I was before pregnancy... which I don't think either of us thought was possible. I crack up at movies/commericals/anything I find humerous... :)

I see you are from FL?!? I have a summer house down in Fort Myers!! ((Nice to see someone else from USA, I seem to have made many international pals, whom are just dolls:thumpup:, but seems hard to find any USA members))

I'm thinking of so many more things that I've done...

Looking for something last night, staring into the drawer it was in asking OH where he has put it cos I can't find it!
Put something in the oven the other day and forgot about it (usually I'm good at remembering) - was only a bit burnt when someone else found it!

Hope this clears up soon, luckily I can still remember how to drive etc, that might be a bit more of an issue (and more of a danger to others!) :rofl:

IrishBaby, Fort Myers is a ways away from me. I believe 2-3 hours to be exact, maybe a little more. Where I live is Deltona, maybe you heard of it? It is about 30 mins away from Sanford and Sanford is just like 15 mins away if even from Orlando. Not too many people have heard of Deltona, they think I meant to say Daytona (which Daytona is 45 mins away from me). ;)

The only thing i've done really is wash my hair, then wash it again..with showergel!

IrishBaby, Fort Myers is a ways away from me. I believe 2-3 hours to be exact, maybe a little more. Where I live is Deltona, maybe you heard of it? It is about 30 mins away from Sanford and Sanford is just like 15 mins away if even from Orlando. Not too many people have heard of Deltona, they think I meant to say Daytona (which Daytona is 45 mins away from me). ;)

I've been to Orlando, that's where I got my tongue pierced back in the day when I was 18... :laugh2: I love Florida... can't say I was really disappointed with any place accept the Keys. We stayed in Key West which I was expecting to be much different than it was. Everyone makes it out to be so tropical like being in Jamaica :rofl: and we drove by a Walmart on the way to the hotel, which ruined my "escape from normalcy" hahaha. Yes there was beach and pretty water, but I didn't expect it to look like a NY suberb on the other side. I love Ft Myers, it's a great retreat from our busy life up in MA.

I think kids born in southern states are really lucky cause they have 365 days a year of outdoor sports and activities. It's a much more active lifestyle (jealous). We hibernate from Nov-Mar up here, snow and 30*F weather keeps us indoors, it stinks!!

yep! i put apple juice on my cornflakes this morning!!! had to throw them away and start again, got it right the second time round with milk!!!

I've dry boiled potatoes, don't quite know how I managed it but I did...!

IrishBaby, I am surprised you were disappointed when you went to Key West. Every year as a family vacation me and my family went there during the summer. It is an interesting place and I loved how the streets were just lined with little family shops and unique stores. The beach was amazing there but the crazy people kind of made it hard not to be paranoid, ahaha. Anyways, if I could I would switch places with you. I love the cold and HATE the heat. In my opinion kids in Northern states are the lucky ones! :laugh2:

I have the pregnancy brain! I just noticed all today I have been writing I am 8 weeks and 3 days when I am in fact 9 weeks and 3 days. Plus this morning when I poured a bown of cereal I almost put the milk into the pantry closet. Geeeeze! :)

:rofl:
i read somewhere it was something to do with oestrogen's affect on the brain ... or is it progesterone ... can't remember now :doh:

i keep mixing up my words, OH thinks I've got dementia ...

my OH thinks I'm nuts... I drove to work the other day after missing the train cause I ran late. No big deal? So I drive into the city, park in the parking garage and when I go to look for my wallet so I can get my ID for the building I work in, I can't find it. I'm freaking out. I head to work, have to sign into the building and call OH who's working 10mins from me (luckily) and have him bring me lunch and $20 for parking. SHEESH! Well I am so mad, cancel my credit card cause that was in the pouch I use- so I'm just beside myself. It has my debit card, license, money, credit card, work id... everything I use daily so I can put it in my pocket and run instead of need to lug my Louis Vuitton "suitcase" as my OH likes to tease!! HAHA!!! So, I run back to my car and decide to look though the entire thing- despite the fact i ripped the car to shreds before leaving it initally. OH LORDY, I'm dumb... it was between my seat and the center console, which if I wasn't freaking out like an idiot I would have noticed. :dohh:

I got my lunch out of the fridge to take to work yesterday, said to myself "must remember to pick that up once i've put my coat on" - completely forgot! As I walked out thought to myself "what have I forgotten?" - couldn't think of anything so went to work. Half way there I remembered what it was!!

I'm usually good at that sort of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"