Pregnancy Confession: Prenatals

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
I don't take my prenatals... Like at all. I don't like how they make me feel and I see that plenty of woman don't take them. I end up feeling better during the day when I don't take them, then when I do.

Anywho that's my pregnancy confession. Anyone else have a confession to make?

I don't either I take folic acid though when I remember which is most days but once I start puking that will change. Those other bits made me more ill.

I tried taking them with my 1st two pregnancies but they always made me feel so sick so I rarely took them. This time I went to a natural foods store and bought a different brand (expensive) but said right on the sign they are gentle on the tummy!! Instead of 1 a day it's 3x per day but they don't make me sick at all. So glad I found them this time (though they are expensive!!). They are called new chapter perfect prenatal vitamin if anyone is interested!

I rarely take mine too as they make my nausea a lot worse

I can't take mine now because they literally come straight back up. But I manage to take my folate still and vitamin d by having them right before bed. I don't think other prenatals matter too much. Nice to have but they're a bonus and missing them for a few weeks while you're feeling rotten won't make a difference.

I keep forgetting to take mine :facepalm:

I'm the same, feel very guilty but just feeling awful so to add prenatals to the mix makes me want to gag 😩

You should at least get a script for folic acid. Have you tried taking Flintstones? They're pretty mild on the tummy. But yeah, folic acid is important iirc

I tried taking them with my 1st two pregnancies but they always made me feel so sick so I rarely took them. This time I went to a natural foods store and bought a different brand (expensive) but said right on the sign they are gentle on the tummy!! Instead of 1 a day it's 3x per day but they don't make me sick at all. So glad I found them this time (though they are expensive!!). They are called new chapter perfect prenatal vitamin if anyone is interested!

I'm SO glad at least one person gound a good prenatal here. The majority of prenatals have cheap iron which just makes for wicked constipation and upset tummy. I was so angry with my gf who refuses to eat veggies and refused to take folic acid or prenatals her entire pregnancy. Spina bifida anyone? Or ADD/ADHD (linked to anemia & low iron) what's 9 months of seeking out a decent prenatal over this child's life of learning disabilities or worse. I realise prenatals are a preventative measure that even when you have a terrible diet and take no supps the baby can still turn out ok. I just have a different perspective. When you want something so bad you remortgage your house for, travel around the world getting medical help to concieve, you'll do anything, anything to bear a healthy baby. Enter my good friend, I love her but she's made me cry with worry for her baby so much this past year. It was so easy for my her to get pregnant and after 6 years of DH and I doing iui's, ivf's and being on the adoption list we finally got our rainbow baby. I did (and currently do)2 injections everyday + prenatals which don't bother me because I did my research into a good gentle brand. She heard we're pregnant and said oh yea, I could put up with a kid, got knocked up with her chauvinist husband (uuggg a real peice of work) got a dog (she hates animals) and refused to eat decently or take prenatals. All I can say is I hope her baby doesn't have long term learning disabilities from lack of B vitamins and her anemia. A lifetime nightmare vs 9 months of taking care...i'm not judging, just angry at how cavalier my friend is about her child's life. Some things seem so unfair. He deserves a decent chance at starting out at 100%.

Yeah the prenatals make me feel like death too,but I force them down. After a MMC in January il avoid doing anything that *could* affect my risk factors. With my MMC I didn't take anything, I just kept forgetting. With my son and daughter I took them religiously, probably coincidence but not a risk I *personally* can take, even if they do make me nauseous x x x

I haven't taken a single prenatal this pregnancy. However, I do take almost everything on its own separately. I just have some very particular specifications of what I need/don't need from a prenatal (I'm not even concerned about the feeling sick aspect) and I've yet to find something that absolutely fits the bill. So I take a mess of pills that I feel covers the "essentials". Folate (not folic acid), activated Bs (including B-12), D3, quality magnesium, selenium, etc.

My pregnancy confession is that while I'd planned on being extra healthy this time (since I started off a little less healthy than my other pregnancies) I've instead hardly been able to motivate myself to get out of bed for anything more than folding a load of laundry. I'm so tired and haven't exercised in weeks. I also don't normally eat super crappy, but I've given into French fry and potato chip cravings more than once. Ugh. I feel like a pregnant slug.

I haven't taken a single prenatal this pregnancy. However, I do take almost everything on its own separately. I just have some very particular specifications of what I need/don't need from a prenatal (I'm not even concerned about the feeling sick aspect) and I've yet to find something that absolutely fits the bill. So I take a mess of pills that I feel covers the "essentials". Folate (not folic acid), activated Bs (including B-12), D3, quality magnesium, selenium, etc.

My pregnancy confession is that while I'd planned on being extra healthy this time (since I started off a little less healthy than my other pregnancies) I've instead hardly been able to motivate myself to get out of bed for anything more than folding a load of laundry. I'm so tired and haven't exercised in weeks. I also don't normally eat super crappy, but I've given into French fry and potato chip cravings more than once. Ugh. I feel like a pregnant slug.

This is me, I broke down the prenatal and take components (folate, D, mag, selenium, cal, and a B complex that doesn't make me sick). I tried getting back to the gym and bled so stopped. Feel fat & sluggish but I know these twins will be healthy.

I was about to make a similar post mysef when I saw this. My confession is I've been rotating the prescription prenatals with the gummy prenatals. I needed to pick up my prescription prenatals today as I ran out and I didn't even go to get them cause I just wanted to take the gummies as they are much easier on the tummy and I'm so constipated from all the iron. I feel so much better the past two days not taking the prescription prenatals but I'm torn cause I know they give you more of what you need than the gummy prenatals do. :wacko:

I didn't my last pregnancy mainly because I was so forgetful an I hated the taste. This time around I got the prenatal gummies and they are good. :)

My confession is i now stick my 3 year old in front of the telly when the tiredness kicks in and i dont even feel guilty about it! :D (its not all day every day, i literally get hit with tiredness that lasts maybe an hour or two then it goes away )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->