Pregnancy Dreams & Nightmares

Deutschette

Mum of 1!
Reaction score
Over the past three weeks, I've been having almost constant nightmares about both realistic and unrealistic happenings. Is anyone else experiencing nightmares? :wacko:

Last night, though, I didn't necessarily have a nightmare, but I dreamt that I had LO (who turned out to be a boy :shock:) and then I went through the changes of getting my pre-pregnancy body back. I could feel my tummy getting smaller and smaller over time frames. It felt weird to be thinner. :-k Then I woke up and was pleased to see my bump again. :happydance: :haha: Has anyone else had a dream like this?

Strange dream lol i have forgot what it feels like to not have a bump!

I keep having dreams of my waters breaking & going into labour early :/ then waking up to braxton hicks .. proper freaked me out first time it happened lool

i've been having so many odd dreams, some really horrible and others just plain weird...
including one where i've given birth and just there and then walked out of the hospital, pre-pregnancy body back already, carrying my child - which is still attached to me by the cord and covered in goo.
yum.

yes i get very strange and vivid dreams these days as well. But they are not related with my pregnancy or labour etc neither would I call them nightmares. What I have been mostly seeing is oceans (well, it could mean I needed to use the toilet..lol). The colour of the oceans and the feeling of unlimited seas, the cold wind, stays with me for a long time even after I am fully awake. It is very strange though as I have always had a fear of water all my life and now I am never afraid from such dreams.

yeah for weeks i kept having dreams that my bf cheats on me, but a few nights ago i dreamed my LO came out and was on the couch still attached to my umbilical cord, and i could see the shape of her brain, and she was extremely wrinkly and she gave my dad a thumbs up(lol)..but then she stopped moving and i was crying my head off and i called the ambulance but they kept saying it was too late for them to come, then i asked my dad to take me to the hospital but he kept saying no.. then i was crying and woke up crying..so wierd:/

i had a dream not last night but the night before that my 4 year old died :( well we knew we only had one day left with him and i was trying to take a picture of him and he was holding a big rose and my camera wouldnt work it was so horrible i've never been so upset by a dream in my whole life! im getting really vivid dreams every night but that one was just awful :( xxx

Yes! Crazy dreams seem to be the norm these days. A lot more nightmares too, which totally ruins the little bit of sleep I do manage to get. The other night I dreamt I saw my best friend get hit by a car! Other horrible dreams about the baby. :( There have also been a lot of crazy,fun, wild dreams. Dreamt I had the most fantastic sex the other night! lol great sex, oh how i miss thee!

Lol i have cazy dreams as well! Sex dreams baby dreams you name it i dream it!

Ive been having nightmares for awhile about my husband cheating on me. I dream about it probably once a month.... I get vivid fantasy dreams though too.

I had a dream a few nights ago that I had LO who literally fell out me...didn't get to have my home water birth..no skin to skin..nothin. LO was also a girl with an adults sized nose..(seriously don't ask) then turned into a 2 yr old girl within 5 mins..then suddenly some random woman started breastfeeding her while I sat there watching, appalled with milk pouring out my boobs like they were taps..! WEird, v.v.weird...

ive been having dreams about the baby having a birthmark. I think we all have mad dreams x

I had a dream last night that i went into hospital cos i thought something was wrong, and they said they were keeping me in til 40 weeks because her head had started to engage they thought i was going to have her soon (im 34 weeks and she is 3/5 engaged)

Then i had a dream that i wasnt pregnant, i hadnt lost her or anything, i just wasnt pregnant, but i had cancer in my lower stomach and was in hospital for it.

Bloody lovely!!

I had a dream during pregnancy that I am in labor 30 hours + and I can't push it out. And the weather outside was just horrid and I was all alone in the dark. I actually posted it somewhere.
Well.. Here is the scary part. My labor was 30+ hours. I started early because we had the worst storm in my memory that ripped out a huge tree that fell on my neighbors' yard - so change in pressure sent me into labor two weeks early. The electricity and the heat was cut off (mind you was mid March so not that warm out). And I was ALONE (hubby was at the hospital with his dad and his cell died).

That said it was the most amazing even adventurous experience in my life :) Nothing will ever beat childbirth and the feeling after.

i had a horrible dream last night . i was having sex with a guy i know and i looked down and seen blood everywhere. i pushed him off me and started to cry and pray and hold my tummy but it felt numb and she wasn't moving :( then i woke up.. It was so scary! i'm a single mom-to-be and i haven't had sex or anything since i got pregnant 7 months ago .. i'd be afraid to have sex now. so maybe that's why ?

Oh the nightmares are horrible. I haven't had any of seeing my bump disapear I wish I would. A lot of mine consist of having my baby then everyone coming in and crouding in my room and I never get my baby back no matter how much I demand its like no one can hear me and I'm not even there.

I just had a dream last night that I had a baby girl, but then I found out that she had boy bits. And she was a toddler and I was so mad that I couldn't breast feed. I guess I am dreaming this because my OH was asking me if the u/s tech was right that I was having a baby boy and that he didn't want to shop for the going home outfit till the baby was born. I was so mad because our lo has been confirmed several times that he is a boy. He was always legs open when we went for our u/s. I don't like when doubt is thrown my way. Just SCARY!

me too !
I dream the other day that I went to the bathroom and when I started to pee the umbilical cord came out..

I haven't had a dream in quite a while (probably because my sleep is so messed up right now). But, in the beginning I had some crazy ones. I dreamt that I could feel my LO's little hand through my bump, and he grabbed onto my finger really hard. I tried to pull away, but instead I pulled his hand out through my belly, then his whole arm came out, and the rest of him was left inside. I was walking around with this little hand/arm attached to my finger. I went to my hubby and asked if I should go to the hospital, to which he replied that I was over-reacting. That's when LO's arm turned into a circuit board (which is what my hubby designs for a living).

I had another dream where I was bleeding and asked OH if I should go to the hospital, and he said the same thing - that I was over-reacting. So, I beat him up. Then I woke up.

Guess I didn't feel terribly supported in the beginning...

I had a dream that my bump completely disappeared whilst I was still pregnant. I was happy to see it back when I woke up! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->