Pregnancy Dry Mouth!!! Help

Pretty Pistol

Reaction score
It wont go away and it's driving me bonkers... I wake up and my mouth feels like its glued shut :( It hurts and its annoying :*(

I'm having a problem with staying hydrated too...everything is dry. I got a mist humidifier for the bedroom last weekend and it helps a lot! I don't wake up with sore throats and dry eyes anymore.

You have to drink ridiculous amounts of water.

I had that too .. it's annoying and painful! I used to go through LOADS of sugar free Chupa Chup lollies ... they were really good. Oh and I used to gargle with Corsodyl (sp??) mouthwash ... I think because it's alcohol free it helped (the ones with alcohol dry your mouth out more!)

oh and drink LOADS of water ... boring but it helps ... honestly!

Same here, and my lips are dry and cracked too but hey ho, such is pregnant life!

Hope it clears up soon for you.

xxx

I'm having a problem with staying hydrated too...everything is dry. I got a mist humidifier for the bedroom last weekend and it helps a lot! I don't wake up with sore throats and dry eyes anymore.

You have to drink ridiculous amounts of water.

Me too! I used to wake up at least twice a night to brush my teeth, put chapstick etc and with the humidifier i sleep like a baby. I would really recommend it:thumbup:

A humidifier is such a good idea! Thanks ladies!... I'm also having the same problem, mostly with super dry lips. I an forever putting on lip balm but I discovered yesterday that if you drink just plain boiled hot water rather than cold water it hydrates you a lot quicker. It does taste/feel a bit wierd having a hot drink without the flavour in haha but it's all I've had the past 2 days!
Hope it gets better for all of us xxx

I keeep a glass of water beside my bed, and everytime I wake I take a sip, not too much as that will just get you going to the toilet all night which is a right pain.

I really feel for you....I had the same thing. Still suffering from dry lips (and dandruff - which I have never had but my scalp is so dry!) and dehydration but I just wanted to say it does ease off. I found for the dry mouth/metalic taste (that seemes to come hand in hand) tangerines really worked!?!? My DH thinks that I am growing an orange rather than a baby! It was a staple part of my diet but just really seemed to help!

I had this hun, for all of 48 hours and then it went away. Please dont google dry mouth in pregnancy you will self diagnose yourself with all sorts of things. If your urine and blood results were fine, you and baby are fine. Believe it or not, tea helped a lot!. And as much as this will be annoying, just keep drinking the water. I drank over 10 glasses of water, and went to the loo every 15 minutes but after 48 hours the dry mouth went away. Keep your lips moist with vaseline, it does nothing for the mouth but psychologically it doesnt make you feel so dry and just keep drinking. Your body needs extra blood volume to support the growing fetus, so naturally extra fluid intake is needed. Hopefully, it wont last for much longer ladies hope I helped xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->