Pregnancy Flying by! Anyone feeling ready?

Sezra27

Reaction score
Heyy, I'm 26w 4d pregnant :happydance:

When I got my :bfp: I thought the next 9month were going to be the longest of my life!
But :nope: this past 6months have FLEW by.. Don't get me wrong I actually can't wait to hold him in my arms and see his beautiful eyes I'm very impatient for all that .. I can't even wait for the sleepless nights that are more rewarding than the fact my bladder needs emptying several times and I now snore so loud I wake myself! :sleep::coffee:

I just think the next 94 days are going to go even quicker!
And I'm panicking that I'm not going to be ready in time.. I have all his bottles/clothes/bedding I've got most of the stuff to decorate his room but can't start it for atleast another week when I can go get the rest. The MIL wants to buy the nursery furniture but she lives far away and won't be down to give us the money (she don't have to she wants too) untill some point in NOVEMBER!! I know thats only next month but I just think it be the end of november or that she'll change her mind! My bioligical dad said he was buying the pram (again he offered) but he's a waste of space and hasnt bothered with me now for over 4months So another thing back on my list .. I have no toys I still need to buy the moses basket...
This has turned into a ranting list of all I need to buy still.. sorry:blush:. But I am panicking. The OH just keeps saying we have 3months left it be fine!
But if 6months can go this quick how quick is the next 3 going to be! especially with Halloween, Bonfire night, Christmas :xmas16: and new years to break it up!
Im due on the 6th of Jan!

Anyways since I'm now wasting the short amount of time we all have till our babies arrive lol.. my point was.. is anyone feeling ready? Am I the only one worrying?

It's going pretty fast for me too!! But, I'm NOT ready!! Not even close! Maybe once our nursery is complete, I'll feel better, but we aren't even having our baby shower until January 5th and I'm due on February 13th sooooo I'm not sure when I'll EVER feel ready! Hahaa

I haven't even cleaned the space where his crib will be going we're not getting anything big from family mostly clothes my boss is giving me tons too but I feel like this id flying by and I won't be ready in time I'm getting induced at 36-38 weeks so before the new year and I'm freakin out. I have the crib picked out but haven't bought it yet :( maybe at the end of the month

I still need a few things, luckily I have a Moses basket from my daughter that I can reuse and I'm also reusing as my daughter will be going into a toddler bed next year. I still need a double pram though! But can't buy this until my maternity allowance starts which is going to be a good 4-6 weeks away as I'm waiting for my ex employer to send me my last 14 payslips.

With my first I didn't receive the Moses basket, cot, nursery furniture and pram until 2 weeks before my due date! Talk about cutting it fine lol

Hi I'm due 7th jan!

I'm like you quite organised in the fact that we have most of his stuff now, but still need to start his room and get storage (wardrobe) and actually clear all the crap in the room and decorate. This is annoying me most at the moment.

I still have a list of a few items we need, which i just want to go and get now but we are meant to be going shopping with the MIL for these things so can't!

Your right you know our due dates are going to fly round now, especially with everything that's going on in between!

I'm due two days after you and can fully relate! This is my second baby so I'm not feeling quite the pressure that you are but with my first I from about this stage I started planning when I was going to buy things so I knew that even if I couldn't rush out and get it all in one weekend I certainly knew when I was getting it.

I i brought my pram at 6 months in case there was a delay with delivery and typically it arrived a week later. I didn't do my nursery until i was 8 months and my cot, Moses basket and other big things all got ordered around 8 months too. I know it's nice to be organised but you have plenty of time still

I have my crib and cot from dd, I've bought bottles, steriliser, everything under the sun I can imagine needing for breastfeeding, newborn outfits etc... BUT we still have to move house complete with a fishtank, 3 cats and a dog and I have no idea how I'm going to find the energy/organisation to do that!

Thats pretty much the thought I woke up with this morning - just how fast is this pregnancy going!?!?! :) As this is number 2 we've got most things already (unless it is a boy, in which case we'll be dressing him in pink for a while) but I still feel that we're going to get through Christmas and suddenly the baby will be here.

Initially though, as long as you have a place for him to sleep (don't the Danish use a box?) and a car seat for getting home from hospital you can collect the rest fairly fast.

I feel the same! Until I had my scan at 13 weeks it felt like the time was going so slowly but now it seems to be racing! My actual due date is the 22nd of January but I've been told I won't go past 38 weeks so my little boy should be here by around the 8th of January! I think I have now got or ordered the essentials so feeling a little better but I have only got 9 weeks left at work and there seems so much still to do there! I'm sure it will all be fine though :)

I hear you on this one! I am 26 + 1 today and honestly you are more prepared than I am at this point! We have some clothes form my MIL and that is about it! We are waiting to get everything else after my baby shower on the 9th of November but then I will have to be doing Christmas shopping..Holiday stuff etc...Time has been flying and I know it won't be long until he is here! We haven't even cleaned the space where his crib will go! Don't have the carseat and stroller yet or the play yard! Nada!! So I have a lot of work ahead of me soon! But I almost don't mind! I hate having everything done so soon and then just staring at all the baby stuff but having no baby yet!!
Everything works out so don't stress! It will be ok!!

Yes it's going way to fast for me. I need to switch my children's rooms around and decorate both, get the crib and pram from the loft and clean, also all he clothes need sorting and missing things bought and cleaned etc. So not ready. Also we need to re-carpet the nursery etc.

I'm 22w today and we have made the decision not to get any of the big stuff until after Xmas. Two reasons for this Xmas sales, and I find' t want to have the stuff in the house In case something went wrong.
The only things I have got is a light shade (the room didn't have one before) and a mobile for somewhere. We are utilising a spare wardrobe and cupboard we have already. My sister giving me her cot/bed that her three have used and grown out of, so we'll get that Xmas time too.
Both sets of parents are clamouring to buy us things which at Xmas we'll say give us the vouchers/money as we'll do a big shop to get everything.

It's surprising how many people offer you things and I am not one not to register them. We have a car seat for next stage being given for us hardly used.

Just want to paint the baby room in November time with a bit of paint and do a border round the top, nothing fancy just so.watching which will see baby through for a couple.of years!!!

But that isn't stopping me looking round the baby shops and seeing what they have and what we might need!!!

I feel the same way. All of a sudden time seems to have gone by too fast. I feel like the whole second trimester was gone in the blink of an eye. Last month I was worried I wouldn't be prepared but then all of a sudden things just came together and with a lot of hand me downs and gifts from friends we will have what we need to get started. However, now it all sits there in a big pile and I am hesitant to actually put the nursery together. DH is a disabled veteran and while I did plan to go back to work part time after the baby is born (I had been off work for medical reasons of my own before getting an accidental BFP) we were also waiting on approval for me to be able to get paid as his home health aide since I do a lot of things for him. Full time work, especially once the baby is born will be nearly impossible for me. And I have have a lot of risk factors and health issues so have to be very careful while pregnant so I have been putting possible part time work on hold until she is born. Well, we are in the US and with this whole government shutdown thing we do not know when we will get another disability check, which is our only income. We are gathering anything of value we have to sell to eat as long as possible but we don't know if our landlord will be patient for back rent or if he will evict us if they don't get their shit together and keep services going. So I can't bring myself to but the nursery together with all this uncertainty and I am just trying really hard not to stress too much since it's not good for the baby.

I felt really great to be ready while it lasted though! :haha:

Time is flying- and we are moving in a few weeks so I have to unpack a house and get baby nursery set up... So no, I don't feel ready lol.

Thanks everyone who responded! :thumbup:

So glad It's not just me I thought I was majorly unprepared!

Hope everyone gets stuff sorted.. I'm sure we all will now tho :)

I wish I only have 90+ days left.. Seems to be going soooo slowly.. :(

Sometimes it feels so slow, I'm "due" on Jan 3rd, but with triplets the average gestation is 32 weeks, which is November 8th for me. If I manage the full 35 weeks I'll be having them on November 29th...so yeah, if we're lucky these babies won't be born until next month, it feels so far away and so close at the same time and all we have done are the cribs and some of their clothes washed and ready but we figure they'll probably be in the NICU for a couple of weeks so we should have time to get stuff together before they come home. My second trimester just flew by...think I'm officially 3rd tri now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->