Pregnancy month after stopping bc ?

Bella1185

Reaction score
Long version: Haven’t been on bnb in forever!! I need to get back into it as this site has been so wonderful in the past! :flower: Anyway I hope this is posted in the appropriate place....

Soooo....DH and I have a 4 year old daughter who is just a spirited awesome kiddo!. He’s a great dad and has always wanted another baby. But I have not been ready for that for many reasons, and am content with just the one! We’ve been back and forth on it for so many years, and the last two years or so I’ve been on the pill and he’s been patient with me wanting to wait.

WELL I was scheduled for my yearly obgyn checkup a few weeks back, but DD caught the flu so I had to cancel. The office was a real pain in the ass about refilling my birth control so I wasn’t able to get it for this month. AF started the 11th of this month, and yesterday afternoon I had like doubled over painful ovulation cramps (that I only ever had the month i got pregnant with DD) and lots of the gross ewcm. Was thinking no way this can’t be ov...only 9 days afte AF started! My entire charting life I’ve ovd on day 14. Then I remembered I have one of those clear blue advanced ovulation test that I bought by accident and never used - peed on it and boom “Peak Fertility” pops up right away. :wacko:We’d had sex the two days before and somehow twice yesterday. (hey it’s spring break somehwhere :headspin:

Short version: So, anybody know how likely it is to get pregnant your first month after bc? Also does anyone know how successful that pregnancy could be? One of the reasons I didn’t want to TTC again is because of all the miscarriages I’ve had, one being further along......just nervous now

Help!

:shrug:

I conceived once while on BC pill......... There was a lot stacked against me... My baby before her was only 2 months old when she was conceived, I was on birth control, I just didn't think the pregnancy would be healthy, but it went perfectly!!!

Some people say you're quite fertile immediately after coming off bc and some say it takes several cycles, it seems to differ person to person what the effect is! I understand that you'd be worried but falling pregnant on bc or just after will not affect the pregnancy negatively :hugs: .

I do believe that it's common for women to be extra fertile just coming off the pill.

I stopped taking my pills back in December after a 2.5 year stint on them. I had three cycles before deciding to just go for it. DH and I decided on a whim to not use a condom on the day I ovulated this month, and well, I just got my BFP two days ago :)

FWIW- it took me 6-7 cycles to conceive my youngest 4 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->