Pregnancy Myths

Meggo24

Reaction score
I just found out last week that I was 2 weeks pregnant! :happydance: and I couldn't be more excited! I have been googling things like crazy and probably overwhelming myself. There are so many funny rules and myths out there. This article is a good list thats not too outrageous: https://navixmarketplace.com/blog/10-pregnancy-myths-you-might-believe/

There is some pretty wacky stuff out there! Drinking coffee was the big concern I had, but she told me to avoid it during the first trimester, but after that a cup a day would be fine. Im just wondering what myths you ladies have heard and found to be true or not?

For me
True - lower heart rate boy higher girl. ( first pg was a girl hb was around 160 this one is a boy hb around 140)

True - heart burn = head full of hair.

True - high bump girl low bump boy.

I have never heard of the heart burn meaning a head full of hair one! Thats too funny!

OMG! I've had heartburn, and I was in fact born with a full head of hair...

So maybe Peanut will too.

HORRIBLE heartburn & acid reflux - FALSE - DS had barely ANY hair.
High heart beat = girl - FALSE - DS is most definitely a boy and his heart rate was always very high, so is #2 so far.
High bump = girl - FALSE - I had a very high basketball belly and had a boy!

Last pregnancy I had awful heartburn and she was born with hair
I carried low and had a girl. so that's wrong for me.

Heartburn= hair, was false for me I had terrible heartburn with my daughter and she was born bald lol

High bump= girl, true for me I carried high with my dd
Low bump= boy, true for me I'm carrying very low this time and pregnant with a boy

Craving salt and meat = boy, false for me all I want is watermelon!
Craving sweet foods = girl, true for me couldn't get enough of cake with my dd!

Morning sickness = girl, true for me I had bad morning sickness in the 1st tri with my dd
No morning sickness = boy, true for me I'm yet to be sick in this pregnancy!

Heartburn= True, my DD had a full head of pretty blonde hair

High bump= False, I kind of carried in the middle
Low bump= False

Morning sickness = False I had ZERO morning sickness with my daughter.
No morning sickness = False - as I had a girl lol

Great article!!! The only thing missing is the "cheese" thing.

Huge myth that preggos can't eat soft cheese. Totally false. Preggo women can eat soft cheese as long as its from pasturized milk!!! Huge misconception. Especially in Canada where I'm from because any grocery store by law can only sell pasturized cheeses for safety reasons so unless I'm at some tiny boutique or some restaurant....cheese from a grocery store is a thousand percent safe.

Oh ya and all those baby myths. According to them all I was having a boy. I "carried low" and looked like I was smuggling a beach ball only so everyone told me I was having a boy. I remember once some lady was like "oh your having a boy" ..I'm like "no no I'm having a girl" and she actually argued with me I wrong!?!?!! Of course I have a daughter just like all my scans showed. Haha

Every woman is different, so as much fun it is to read about them and compare there is no scientific evidence behind any of it LOL

For me the heartburn thing seemed true for me. All of my first three had full heads of hair, my fourth had some but not like the others and he had some hair just not as much (different daddy's I am sure is more the reason LOL).

How you carry actually has something to do where baby implants in the womb. So if the egg attached high, baby will carry high, if baby attaches low baby will carry low.

Though there is one that I have heard of and not really sure it is true I (since I am not sure of gender yet and baby isn't showing much, belly is but belly isn't LOL) is to carry out front ~ boy, to carry to the side/wide ~ girl! Some say they swear by this one. I am not sure I believe in any of it.

I love soft cheeses and always ate hotdogs LOL Oh and I always seem to sleep on my back LOL

I carried high and small - had a boy

I had horrible heartburn every night from week 12 - baby had no hair and even now at 16 months he barely has any

No ms - I had lots of sickness with my son.

This time my bump seems to be spreading wider, I have only been sick once as the heartburn hasn't started yet. Hurry up February so I can see what you are baby!

It seems like there is a myth out there for just about any food being bad for you to eat while pregnant haha. All in all I dont plan to change my diet around much, but I was lucky enough to have a friend tell me about the cheese rule right before I went on my big grocery shopping trip. We have a lot of cheese fans in my house, but I have to keep my eyes out for the "right" kind!

Well I recently just heard that you cant hold a baby boy on your menstrual cycle because it will give the boy period symptoms when the baby grows older. It seems a Little, I don't know, stupid to me.[-X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->