Pregnancy sac growing but no baby??

Chloe.E

Reaction score
Hi all! I haven't been on here in nearly 2 years now! Missed this site! This is the first place I thought of to ask this question, though not sure which forum to post it in.

So, I recently found out I was pregnant while I had the copper coil in. I had it removed and blood tests ect, hcg was more than doubling over 48hours, had an early scan the week before last and there was a sac but nothing else, no yolk sac or baby, then I had another scan on Friday just gone, once again, sac but no baby or yolk sac.

My sac has grown from 7mm to 17mm but nothing else is growing.

I have another scan this Friday to find out if anything is going to grow.

Has anyone else ever had this? Has anything grown? Or am I going to lose this little one that never grew?

How pregnant are you?
I'm so sorry, it doesn't sound like good news. My twins were visible with heartbeats when their sacs measured 11 mm. :hugs:

I have no idea as I fell on the coil and it was a late conception.

I didn't think it sounded good either, I'm not holding out much hope that anything is going to grow, just wanted to know other peoples experiences.

Thank you :)

Oh, and the worst thing is, my sickness ect is getting worse but there's no baby there so it's quite upsetting knowing I'm feeling like rubbish and there's not even going to be a baby at the end of it 😔

It sounds like a blighted ovum. I'm so sorry x

I've just been through similar, empty sac, no baby. I took tablets to induce the miscarriage yesterday. So sorry you are growing through this :hugs:

I didn't even know it was common until it happened to me xx

You never know, Im in the same boat, 2 sacs the 1 week later 1 sac that grew butwempty, doc said its 50/50, I have another scan 2mro so will update then

So sorry your going through this! We had a scan at 5 weeks and all we could see was the sac and then two weeks later we saw a flicker of a heartbeat and the sac then measured 6.3mm. Hope everything turns out ok for you :)

5 weeks and 6 weeks by lmp, 4+1 and 5+3 by ovulation

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1426702547553.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1426702547553.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 11
5 weeks and 6 weeks by lmp, 4+1 and 5+3 by ovulation

Your bottom picture looks like mine did the other Tuesday.
Though on Friday the sac was bigger and more round so there should have been a baby :(
Please let me know how it goes though! Thank you x

Thank you all so much for replies! 😘

5+3 is so early I'm not surprised they didn't see anything. I would be hopeful you will see something at next scan. I didn't realise you were so early.

By my lmp I should be around 9 weeks now.
But I found out I was pregnant nearly 4 weeks ago now, the doctor did bloods the day I found out and said I was around 1 week.
My levels were 111 that day.
So is it still too early? I thought by now I'd be far enough to see something now x

I'm so sorry hun, but that is a long time to have nothing on the scan. At 6 weeks my babies looked like jellybeans with heartbeats and at 9 weeks they had visible heads and limb buds. When people here refer to weeks of pregnancy that they are in, it is generally by LMP.

If you google image search "X week ultrasound photo" you can see what it should look like.

I have and I know I should be seeing something.
Thank you x

By my lmp I should be around 9 weeks now.
But I found out I was pregnant nearly 4 weeks ago now, the doctor did bloods the day I found out and said I was around 1 week.
My levels were 111 that day.
So is it still too early? I thought by now I'd be far enough to see something now x
If you found out you were pregnant 4 weeks ago then you are at last 7 weeks. You should really see something I thought you were saying 5+

So if you found out 4 weeks ago and they said you were about 1 week, that'd put you at approximately 7 weeks. Do you by chance know if you have a tilted uterus? A tilted uterus can make it more difficult to see everything and might mistake it for a blighted ovum.

It could very well be a blighted ovum in your case, but wait and see what your next scan shows. I think it's still a tad early to say for sure. I'm sorry you're going through this time of uncertainty :( :hugs:

Did you have an internal or external scan? I had my 7 week one today, thewdid an external and didnt see a thing, I asked for an internal amd saw yolk sac, fetal pole and heartbeat, so it may not be over yet. Im measuring 6+3

External and internal

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1427284600431.jpg
    FB_IMG_1427284600431.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 3
  • 20150325_112325.jpg
    20150325_112325.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20150325_112314.jpg
    20150325_112314.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 5
Yes just because you are about 7weeks doesnt mean babies size is at 7weeks. Baby could be measuring smaller and then catch up. So i wouldnt count yourself out yet. In the early weeks it can be hard as to when baby can be seen as it depends on babies growth. So i would get another scan done in about a week and that should give you more answers.

Hi all, my scan was today, sac has got bigger again but there is blood around it where it's starting to tear away.
Sonographer said I'll start bleeding soon.
Thank you all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"