Pregnancy "Scares" During WTT?

alibc

Reaction score
Hi there! I am new here and quite excited to have found an online community where I can share my thoughts and feeling during this journey of waiting. As I'm sure many of you know, waiting is not the easiest task! Especially when you FEEL ready, but it's just not the right time.

I guess I'll do a little intro -

My names Ali. I'm 26 and my DH is almost 27. We recently got married last summer and have been together for almost 6 years. We plan to TTC this upcoming Fall. Our original date was October 2016, but we've been considering TTW (trying to whatever) starting in August and then if no pregnancy by October, we'll start being more proactive with our TTC. We thought a July baby would be sweet since it's the month we got married.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had a pregnancy "scare" while WTT? From the moment my DH and I both knew we were emotionally ready for children, which was probably sometime last Fall, we've had 2 pregnancy scares. I'm not currently on birth control because I've heard it's good to let your body adjust to being off of it before you start TTC. So, we've only been using condoms. I also chart, so I have an idea of when I'm ovulating and there has been a couple times where we had sex during my ovulation days.

We would honestly be thrilled if it happened, but it's kind of like torture. For example, my period is currently 3 days late (according to my Kindara chart) and I know we had sex on one of my ovulation days last month. So a part of me thinks I could be pregnant. And a BIG part of me is wishing I am. Even though it's terrible timing. With the DH just getting a job, he still hasn't worked out our benefits, so I'm no even covered at the moment. And he plans to get a new job soonish, so that means there's a possibility of being a gap in benefits again.

I've started spotting today, so I'll likely start my period anytime now and yes, there will be some relief, but I'll also cry a little inside.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone else goes through stuff like this? Share your stories!

We did in October. We knew we wanted kids but my DH was thinking we should wait a year or 2. During our pregnancy scare he got really excited about kids. When it turned out to be a false alarm we were both disappointed and I cried when I got my period. We discussed it and bumped up our ttc date. We started trying this January.

Yes!! I was so sure I did not want to have anymore kids but my DH really wants one more. I said we would discuss it in the future. However, in Jan I had a scare and I really thought I was pregnant and same thing got very down when I started my period. Totally shocked me. We decided to TTC Jan 2017, and we have good reasons to wait. But now that I know we are going to I'm so broody over it. I think I might be insane to change my mind so suddenly. Hormones play on a whole different level than me lol

We did in October. We knew we wanted kids but my DH was thinking we should wait a year or 2. During our pregnancy scare he got really excited about kids. When it turned out to be a false alarm we were both disappointed and I cried when I got my period. We discussed it and bumped up our ttc date. We started trying this January.

Sometimes it takes moments like that to really realize you're ready! That's cool that you moved up your date to January. I'm blowing baby dust your way!

Yes!! I was so sure I did not want to have anymore kids but my DH really wants one more. I said we would discuss it in the future. However, in Jan I had a scare and I really thought I was pregnant and same thing got very down when I started my period. Totally shocked me. We decided to TTC Jan 2017, and we have good reasons to wait. But now that I know we are going to I'm so broody over it. I think I might be insane to change my mind so suddenly. Hormones play on a whole different level than me lol

Hahah it's amazing how situations like that can bring out what we really feel and want. Just listen to your heart. A lot of things can definitely change in that amount of time. But try not to freak out! lol

Just a couple of months ago we had an oops at just the wrong (or right depending on how you look at it) time. I was an odd mixture of relieved and disappointed when my period arrived. We will be TTC later this year. I have a DD who is 2 and a half and I really would love to time my mat leave for her starting school-ish so I can have as much of her first year off as possible.

When we were WTT we were using the pull-out "method" of birth control, so I had a few scares! Turns out we were either very lucky, or my hubby has phenomenal control over his body because we did this for a year without getting pregnant, then I got pregnant the first month that we were TTC! The only reason we used this "method" was because we would be totally ok with it if I did fall pregnant before we had planned, it was just a bit more convenient if we waited a year. For each scare I was actually a bit disappointed when AF showed up, but it all turned out for the best in the end.

Just a couple of months ago we had an oops at just the wrong (or right depending on how you look at it) time. I was an odd mixture of relieved and disappointed when my period arrived. We will be TTC later this year. I have a DD who is 2 and a half and I really would love to time my mat leave for her starting school-ish so I can have as much of her first year off as possible.

Yes! It's a total mixture. Very bitter sweet. I think for me, I'm excited at first, but the closer I get to taking a test to make sure, the more nervous I get. That's when I know, I'm definitely not ready yet. Then again, if it were to say positive, my reaction of that may be all I need to know that I am ready. If that makes sense. Sounds like you're being smart about your TTC for baby #2.

When we were WTT we were using the pull-out "method" of birth control, so I had a few scares! Turns out we were either very lucky, or my hubby has phenomenal control over his body because we did this for a year without getting pregnant, then I got pregnant the first month that we were TTC! The only reason we used this "method" was because we would be totally ok with it if I did fall pregnant before we had planned, it was just a bit more convenient if we waited a year. For each scare I was actually a bit disappointed when AF showed up, but it all turned out for the best in the end.

Yes, I'd say it was a mixture of being lucky and your DH being very good at controlling his body lol. I totally know that feeling of disappointment. I'm glad it worked out though and that you were able to conceive so quickly. If that's your daughter in your profile photo, she is absolutely adorable. And her name is Isla Wren? Wow, are you a namer? I'm name obsessed and that name is so perfect.

Same here we've used pull out for YEARS since we would happily have another if it happened. My daughter was conceived first time we didn't and she's almost 4. We are only wtt for convenience. My period was late once during this and I was sad when i got a negative and AF showed..

YES! I've never shared this with anyone, so why not share here: Our wedding is in May. In October I had really bad cold feet. I was so ready (we've been together 8 years) and was excited for marriage then all of a sudden I was scared that I never got to be independent and have my own place and fend for myself. I was so ready to leave and move to Santa Barbara. Scary to look back on it now. But then my period was late. Omg where is it? Then we got excited at the possibility of being pregnant and it brought me back to reality so fast. So I'm back and it was all thanks to a pregnancy scare.

Yes, I'd say it was a mixture of being lucky and your DH being very good at controlling his body lol. I totally know that feeling of disappointment. I'm glad it worked out though and that you were able to conceive so quickly. If that's your daughter in your profile photo, she is absolutely adorable. And her name is Isla Wren? Wow, are you a namer? I'm name obsessed and that name is so perfect.

Yes that is my daughter in my profile picture, she was 6 days old. And yes her name is Isla Wren! I wouldn't say I'm a namer, we've liked the name Isla for years so that was always going to be the name if we had a girl. I was looking through names trying to figure out a middle name and I just thought Wren sounded perfect. I actually wanted to heiphenate it as her first name but my hubby wasn't on board with that!

YES! I've never shared this with anyone, so why not share here: Our wedding is in May. In October I had really bad cold feet. I was so ready (we've been together 8 years) and was excited for marriage then all of a sudden I was scared that I never got to be independent and have my own place and fend for myself. I was so ready to leave and move to Santa Barbara. Scary to look back on it now. But then my period was late. Omg where is it? Then we got excited at the possibility of being pregnant and it brought me back to reality so fast. So I'm back and it was all thanks to a pregnancy scare.

Such a great story! Thanks for sharing. It's amazing how the thought of being a parent and sharing that with someone you love brings the rest of your life in perspective. I usually worry over little things like work, needing new clothes and when are we going to get to finally take our honeymoon... but as soon as I had this pregnancy scare, I realized that none of that REALLY matters. Spending life with the one you love is what matters... no matter what happens.

Yes that is my daughter in my profile picture, she was 6 days old. And yes her name is Isla Wren! I wouldn't say I'm a namer, we've liked the name Isla for years so that was always going to be the name if we had a girl. I was looking through names trying to figure out a middle name and I just thought Wren sounded perfect. I actually wanted to heiphenate it as her first name but my hubby wasn't on board with that!

It's gorgeous! :)

I know this is a few weeks old, but so glad I found it. I am in the same situation right now. I was not very responsible with my birth control this past month (not like me at all) we did have very unprotected sex many times (sorry TMI) so now I am 4 days late. I have had just about every symptom of pregnancy. I knew to pay attention to my body after skipping a couple of pills and that there was a possibility that I could be pregnant. So long story short... My last actual period was March 30th. I started my BC a week late and also skipped a pill right in the middle of my pack. About 2 weeks ago I started spotting. It lasted for 3 days and it was very light. I took a test a week ago today which would have been 2 days before my period was due. Faint positive. I have taken 4 since then and all negative. So I have an apt with a midwife tomorrow to find out what is going on. I still haven't started (I did have more very light spotting on Thursday but nothing since) So basically I am going CRAZY and it is all I am thinking about :(

We were meant to be WTT for another 2 years... Whoops. We were both immediately very happy about the situation though :) We knew we wanted to have children - it's just happening slightly ahead of schedule!

We were meant to be WTT for another 2 years... Whoops. We were both immediately very happy about the situation though :) We knew we wanted to have children - it's just happening slightly ahead of schedule!

So exciting congratulations!! I guess I will find out tomorrow when I go to the doctor. I am a bit nervous so everyone send prayers and positive vibes my way :)

I am having a bit of a scare right now. DH and I bd'd unprotected 15 days ago, on cd 5 or 7, I can't remember which. My cycles are normally 30 to 36 days long so I thought I wouldn't ovulate until much later. My only symptom right now is a lot of af-type cramping all weekend. Don't know if af is on the way or if this is implantation? There would be nothing really wrong with me being pregnant now, we just really wanted to wait another year. Even though I'm 36 now... kind of stressing about it. I wonder if I should poas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->