Pregnancy symptoms or birth control?

haleyleeann

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to the website and forums, but have always looked here for past advice I needed.

For the past three years, I've always tricked myself into thinking I was pregnant when I have never actually been. I am on birth control now (Levora), and have been on it for almost two years. I'm in a stable, committed relationship, and have been for two years as of next month. We've been sexually active for months and months now, and almost every month, without fail, I have a pregnancy scare.

This month, I had spotting. I have never experienced spotting or breakthrough bleeding, in my entire life or while on birth control. I had this spotting five days after my period ended, and my period was very light and only lasted about a day and a half.

The spotting was associated with dull cramping, and it stopped the day it started. I have anxiety, and a past of severe anxiety, giving me common pregnancy symptoms like nausea and dizziness. Which have always tricked me into thinking I was pregnant.

I took a test yesterday, the day I started spotting, and it came up negative. I have a suspicion I tested too early, but I'm kind of discouraged, since all of my tests have come up negative. I have always wanted to believe I was pregnant, but always end up disappointed when I'm not. I'm kind of disappointed currently because of the negative result. And I feel dumb for thinking I even could be, because I take my pills almost perfectly, and have never missed one out of any pack.

I also have a past with ovarian cysts, another thing that has been mistaken for pregnancy.

I have nausea, slight cramping, more bloated, that spotting that lasted for about a day, sore boobs (a constant symptom for me), and a little dizziness.

Thank you for any and all responses!

You will have tested too early if your period was only 5 days before the spotting.

I used to get break through bleeding often while on birth control.

Early pregnancy symptoms and AF symptoms are the same, if your taking it properly there's no reason think to think your preg. Even if your want to be.

i used to be like this, on the pill but still getting stressed and testing every month! then i decided to just stop and not to worry, i shouldnt be pregnant as im taking my pill so if i am then only time will tell
people do lots when they dont know they are pregnant and their babies are fine so that eases my mind a bit
saying that, i will feel better once i start taking vitamins!

Should I test again, or no?

It's just confusing every time these feelings arise and I don't know what to think of them. Haha.

I wouldn't test again. As long as you are on bc there shouldn't be a reason to worry about it too much and stress about symptom spotting, it will only make it that much worse when it turns out you aren't. Time will tell if you actually are but don't waste the money on too many tests. Save that stress and money for when you are trying for real. Trust me its not worth it to stress right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->