Pregnancy Symptoms or PMS?

namaste

Reaction score
Hi everyone! So I have to say, this TWW is killing me! According to FertilityFriend (using BBT, CM, and CP) I'm currently 11dpo and should be getting AF any day now. DH and I BD'd the day before O, right after I noticed I had EWCM - I basically told him it HAD to happen that night; this was the really good, stretchy stuff (I stretched it at least two inches). I've attached my FF chart so everyone can see it. My temps after O are higher than usual and have a different pattern, as well... it seems like they keep getting higher! Within the last 2-3 days I've been having some cramping and lower back pain and my nipples feel slightly more sensitive than usual. I don't really notice it until it touch them though. I've also had some super mood swings and been really tired. I check my CM and CP every afternoon after work and it's been really high and soft lately, a little higher than when I O even. Usually right before AF it's super low and hard. Also, and I know this is gross, but I smell my CM as well and it usually starts smelling a little metallic right before AF and it still smells kind of sweet. I tested this AM and got a BFN :(
Could it still be too early to test? I'm trying not to get my hopes up but all of these symptoms together don't really align with what I'm used to before AF. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!

Attachments

• May2014.jpg
    May2014.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi, it is so hard to tell the difference between early pregnancy symptoms and PMS. I really hope you get your BFP.

Yes, it can still be too soon to test and get a BFP. It depends on the level of HCG the test detects and also when implantation took place. Lastly, if your body produces HCG slower, 11 dpo may be too soon.

Hi everyone! So I have to say, this TWW is killing me! According to FertilityFriend (using BBT, CM, and CP) I'm currently 11dpo and should be getting AF any day now. DH and I BD'd the day before O, right after I noticed I had EWCM - I basically told him it HAD to happen that night; this was the really good, stretchy stuff (I stretched it at least two inches). I've attached my FF chart so everyone can see it. My temps after O are higher than usual and have a different pattern, as well... it seems like they keep getting higher! Within the last 2-3 days I've been having some cramping and lower back pain and my nipples feel slightly more sensitive than usual. I don't really notice it until it touch them though. I've also had some super mood swings and been really tired. I check my CM and CP every afternoon after work and it's been really high and soft lately, a little higher than when I O even. Usually right before AF it's super low and hard. Also, and I know this is gross, but I smell my CM as well and it usually starts smelling a little metallic right before AF and it still smells kind of sweet. I tested this AM and got a BFN :(
Could it still be too early to test? I'm trying not to get my hopes up but all of these symptoms together don't really align with what I'm used to before AF. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much!

Hi Namaste,

We are in exactly the same boat...I could have written this!! I am 12 DPO and anxiously waiting to test. I am going to hold off until Saturday morning when I will be 14 DPO and 2 days off when the witch is due to arrive. I have been having a lot of cramping, tugging and pulling. I am also very aware of my breasts and my groin area...if I sit at a funny angle I get this tugging feeling on my left side. My CM also smells sweet and I have been feeling completely exhausted!! I could literally take a nap now at work!!

When are you going to test?

Ugh, isn't it the worst?! I'm making myself crazy! I checked my temp again this morning and it's still high, and last night my cervix was still high and soft and mostly closed. I've actually noticed that now my boobs are getting sore along the sides and almost a little hard on the sides, too.
Best wishes for you! Sending you lots of positive vibes :)
I'm probably going to wait until Monday or Tuesday to test again, just to give myself some more time. My husband and I are actually going camping for a week and we leave on Tuesday after work, so I'm hoping if AF is on her way that she comes now! I REALLY don't want to get AF in the middle of a camping trip haha
I'll be sure to keep updating with anything new! Please keep me posted on how you're doing, as well! Good luck!!

Ugh, isn't it the worst?! I'm making myself crazy! I checked my temp again this morning and it's still high, and last night my cervix was still high and soft and mostly closed. I've actually noticed that now my boobs are getting sore along the sides and almost a little hard on the sides, too.
I'm probably going to wait until Monday or Tuesday to test again, just to give myself some more time. My husband and I are actually going camping for a week and we leave on Tuesday after work, so I'm hoping if AF is on her way that she comes now! I REALLY don't want to get AF in the middle of a camping trip haha
I'll be sure to keep updating with anything new! Please keep me posted on how you're doing, as well! Good luck!!

Stay strong!

I just went out to get some lunch...popped into Superdrug and spent £20 on HPT's! They had an offer on Superdrug's own (buy 1 and get another half price) and they had a two pack of FRER.

I couldn't resist taking a test when I got back to the office knowing full well it would be a BFN! I am going to ask my husband to hide the tests tonight when I get home, and will wait it out until Tuesday when my AF is due!

Totally feel you with camping and the witch being around, not the best! Well hopefully neither of us will be seeing our AF for a long time :happydance:

My breasts are also tender down the sides, and feel really heavy. And this tugging feeling is continuing in my tummy! This is our first month TTC but I have been tracking my cycle for a year. This cycle is usually a shorter cycle for me (22-26 days) so every day that AF does not show makes me feel a little happier.

Fingers crossed for both of us that we have a :baby: in the oven!

Stay strong!

I just went out to get some lunch...popped into Superdrug and spent £20 on HPT's! They had an offer on Superdrug's own (buy 1 and get another half price) and they had a two pack of FRER.

I couldn't resist taking a test when I got back to the office knowing full well it would be a BFN! I am going to ask my husband to hide the tests tonight when I get home, and will wait it out until Tuesday when my AF is due!

Totally feel you with camping and the witch being around, not the best! Well hopefully neither of us will be seeing our AF for a long time :happydance:

My breasts are also tender down the sides, and feel really heavy. And this tugging feeling is continuing in my tummy! This is our first month TTC but I have been tracking my cycle for a year. This cycle is usually a shorter cycle for me (22-26 days) so every day that AF does not show makes me feel a little happier.

Fingers crossed for both of us that we have a :baby: in the oven!

I totally understand! My husband actually banned me from buying pregnancy tests because he knows I'll test every day and stress myself out :haha:
My cycles tend to be a little weird but are usually about 32-34 days on average, sometimes longer sometimes shorter. This month, though, I ovulated a little earlier than usual. My husband and I have been doing the NTNP thing for about 6 months but I've been tracking my cycles for over a year and started doing BBT and CM/CP in February. This is our first month REALLY trying.
:dust:

I've spent a fortune on tests already and it's only our first month of trying! Do they have a POAS Addict Support Group? Hee hee

I had the most dreadful cramps yesterday afternoon that lasted for a few hours. Sharp, stabbing pains in both ovaries and I was so bloated I got a snapshot of how I could look at 4 months pregnant. CD25/DPO13 for me and no sign of AF yet, fingers crossed for both of us.

Baby dust xx

Hahaha! I know the feeling! I had such intense nausea off and on yesterday and I actually burst into tears when my husband reminded me we had to Skype with my father and that he took chicken out of the freezer for me to cook so we had lunches for work (it's better that I don't let him cook :haha:). It was a long day at work and the thought of anything else just seemed excessively overwhelming. It's been quite the ride.

I'm still not feeling very AF-y and my cervix is still pretty high and mostly closed, but I'm a bit nervous because my temperature dropped a bit this AM. Still above the coverline but a pretty big drop... guess we'll have to wait and see!

Best of luck! Definitely keep me posted :)

Just as I thought after my temp drop yesterday, AF showed up today :(
Guess we will have to try again this month!

Hope you're still doing well and things are looking good!

Just as I thought after my temp drop yesterday, AF showed up today :(
Guess we will have to try again this month!

Hope you're still doing well and things are looking good!

Oh Namaste I'm so sorry the witch got you :( :cry:

I haven't had the witch arrive yet but keep thinking she is going to arrive any second with cramping and a wet feeling down there. My breasts are now killing me and I dreamt all night about being pregnant.

Sorry you have to deal with AF whilst camping. On the plus side you get to enjoy BDing for another month :blush:

I'll keep you updated.

Babydust xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"