Pregnancy symptoms while on birth control?

BebeNumeroUno

Not Trying Not Preventing
Reaction score
I'm currently on Sprintec 28 day pack and recently have been experiencing a lot of pregnancy symptoms. I had a miscarriage a little over a month ago, so I'm basing my symptoms off of my last pregnancy. Extremely sore boobs, dull pressure on my lower abdomen, tired all the time, hungry all the time. Has anyone else every gotten pregnant on birth control and how did you know?

Birth control is designed to give you a dose of hormones that tricks your body into thinking that you're pregnant, so pregnancy type symptoms are common. I became pregnant with my daughter on the pill and I knew as I starting getting very bad morning sickness, something I'd never had before.

Wow! I never knew that. I thought they were like side-effects and that only some people get them. Thanks! When you found out you were pregnant, you had all the same symptoms as before but morning sickness was added? And also, were you taking the pill as directed or did you miss one/some?

Sorry for all the questions.

I had missed two, which is why the pill failed for me. I was feeling pretty normal with the pill, my side affects were usually bloating, cramps and feeling a bit of nausea. When I got pregnant though it was full blown morning sickness, everyday. I'd never had that before so tested and my BFP came up very strong.

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

I had missed two, which is why the pill failed for me. I was feeling pretty normal with the pill, my side affects were usually bloating, cramps and feeling a bit of nausea. When I got pregnant though it was full blown morning sickness, everyday. I'd never had that before so tested and my BFP came up very strong.

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

Wow. Well, congrats on your baby, even if it wasn't planned right then! :) And one more question, if you don't mind...sorry. Did you missing two pills cause breakthrough bleeding, was it around the time you usually ovulated or did you ovulate because you missed pills? Again, sorry. I'm new to this and even when I read the leaflet and stuff it still confuses me a lot.

Thank you :)

I had been on the pill for quite a few years and never tracked my cycles so no idea if I normally would have ovulated then. It was about halfway through the pill packet though. I don't remember having any bleeding at all from missing two pills. I must have ovulated though when I missed those two pills.

I had been on the pill for quite a few years and never tracked my cycles so no idea if I normally would have ovulated then. It was about halfway through the pill packet though. I don't remember having any bleeding at all from missing two pills. I must have ovulated though when I missed those two pills.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the info!:)

I know my mum fell pregnant whilst on the pill. Don't think she missed any and don't know what her symptoms were, sorry. :blush:

every month I was on the pill I had syptoms that correlated to beig preggO however it was just syptoms leading up to AF lol! so even tho I was in bcp I was testing every month eurgh I've got the implant in which makes me feel continously how I did when I was briefly pregnant so not nice . damn artificial hormones

Well, I have a friend who found out at 5 months in that she was pregnant on the pill. She had taken antibiotics and didn't know to use a backup method.

You are also unlikely to actually feel morning sickness before missing your period. A lot of times women, myself included, trick ourselves into thinking we have morning sickness or sore breasts, etc. in the two week wait. The times I've actually been pregnant I felt no different until after the missed period.

I think the time I had tried a hormonal birth control method (for about 2 weeks) it felt worse than being pregnant! I got bloating, gained a few pounds, was nauseous, my boobs hurt to high heaven, and I felt like crap. So, never again. IMO, I would have preferred pregnancy symptoms to that.

I was one giant pregnancy symptom while on the pill. I hated every second of it.

I completely agree! Would totally rather have pregnancy symptoms. I can't stand this birth control and I've only had it for three weeks. It was supposed to help with my moods as well but it's only making them worse. Plus all these symptoms keep popping up and it's just not fun.

I know what you mean though, about not feeling anything until your period is missed. That's how it was for me too, I had sore boobs and dull achy pressure in my lower stomach and that's when I tested, I was 4 days late.

Well, I have a friend who found out at 5 months in that she was pregnant on the pill. She had taken antibiotics and didn't know to use a backup method.

You are also unlikely to actually feel morning sickness before missing your period. A lot of times women, myself included, trick ourselves into thinking we have morning sickness or sore breasts, etc. in the two week wait. The times I've actually been pregnant I felt no different until after the missed period.

I think the time I had tried a hormonal birth control method (for about 2 weeks) it felt worse than being pregnant! I got bloating, gained a few pounds, was nauseous, my boobs hurt to high heaven, and I felt like crap. So, never again. IMO, I would have preferred pregnancy symptoms to that.

Damn. Well, this sucks. I'd love to be pregnant right now, sigh. Did you get off the birth control? I hate the idea of taking them, I hate artificial things. I think if you were meant to get pregnant, you will.

I was one giant pregnancy symptom while on the pill. I hated every second of it.

Yeah, that's not nice at all. It's enough to drive us women crazy! I hate it too. I'm seriously thinking of getting off of it. I don't like the idea of artificial things going into my body. I'm very big on natural and herbal remedies.

every month I was on the pill I had syptoms that correlated to beig preggO however it was just syptoms leading up to AF lol! so even tho I was in bcp I was testing every month eurgh I've got the implant in which makes me feel continously how I did when I was briefly pregnant so not nice . damn artificial hormones

It's okay. Thanks for telling me! I just wanted to know about how common it was and stuff. I think when people get pregnant on the pill, it's just meant to be! :)

I know my mum fell pregnant whilst on the pill. Don't think she missed any and don't know what her symptoms were, sorry. :blush:

I missed one pill and felk preg. But i didnt notice any symptoms until i tested at around 6wks when themorning sickness hit . I wud say early preg symptoms are the same as period symptoms.

Did you have a period?

I'm feeling very much like I'm about to get my period. I don't know when to expect it though since my cycle is 24 days but I'm taking a 28 day birth control pill.

I missed one pill and felk preg. But i didnt notice any symptoms until i tested at around 6wks when themorning sickness hit . I wud say early preg symptoms are the same as period symptoms.

Damn. Well, this sucks. I'd love to be pregnant right now, sigh. Did you get off the birth control? I hate the idea of taking them, I hate artificial things. I think if you were meant to get pregnant, you will.

I have been off them since the beginning of this year. I was only on them for 3-4 years but it was HELL. If I wasn't sick, I was a psycho-bitch. I switched pills every three months because that's how long I had to wait for my body to settle into each and IT NEVER DID. When I finally found one that worked for me, a newer, cheaper version of it came out and no one woudl carry the one I was on (Ocella) and I was right back at square one. Finally, J and I talked and I pitched them all in the bin! Yay!

Right now we're doing condoms. That's all we need. There is nothing artificial dictating my hormones and I don't feel like crap all the time. The only problem with them is that I feel like they are super abrasive sometimes compared to just skin-on-skin (which we *really* miss)

Have you considered a copper IUD? Non-hormonal, super effective.

I have been off them since the beginning of this year. I was only on them for 3-4 years but it was HELL. If I wasn't sick, I was a psycho-bitch. I switched pills every three months because that's how long I had to wait for my body to settle into each and IT NEVER DID. When I finally found one that worked for me, a newer, cheaper version of it came out and no one woudl carry the one I was on (Ocella) and I was right back at square one. Finally, J and I talked and I pitched them all in the bin! Yay!

Right now we're doing condoms. That's all we need. There is nothing artificial dictating my hormones and I don't feel like crap all the time. The only problem with them is that I feel like they are super abrasive sometimes compared to just skin-on-skin (which we *really* miss)

Damn, if I had all those problems, I'd ditch them too. I don't really have anything too irritating and I want to ditch them. Yeah, condoms are good but I hate no skin to skin. But at least you're not sick, that's the most important.

No, I haven't...I thought it was hormonal and I am afraid of getting anything stuck inside me. But since it's non-hormonal, I might consider it. I wonder if it's expensive....

Damn, if I had all those problems, I'd ditch them too. I don't really have anything too irritating and I want to ditch them. Yeah, condoms are good but I hate no skin to skin. But at least you're not sick, that's the most important.

No, I haven't...I thought it was hormonal and I am afraid of getting anything stuck inside me. But since it's non-hormonal, I might consider it. I wonder if it's expensive....

You can get hormonal or non-hormonal IUDs. TAlk to your doctor about it. I don't want one just because I have bad cramping naturally and don't want to screw with anything but maybe after I have my first child I might consider it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->