Pregnancy test getting darker after miscarriage?!?

HarleyW

Reaction score
I am new here and have a question that I am hoping someone could shed some light on!
So I had a miscarriage (I guess it would technically be a chemical as I wasn't more than 5weeks) on December 19th and had an internal ultrasound on the 20th which showed that everything had passed and my uterus lining was already very thin and back to normal. So I counted the bleeding as my period since it was very close to when my regular period would have been and I should be ovulating soon (if all my levels went back down) so I took an ovulation test and it was very very positive yesterday so I thought maybe I should take a pregnancy test to make sure I wasn't just picking up HCG and the pregnancy test was extremely dark, like the same as the control line!!! My positives over a week and half ago weren't near this dark and they were the same brand from the same box as this one!! What is up with that?!? Wouldn't the test get lighter not darker?!?
Anyone have any insight? I have a doc app on the 2nd (which was supposed to be my confirmation of pregnancy app) so I'll ask then but in the meantime in kinda losing my mind LOL!
Any feedback would be appreciated thanks...and sorry for the huge post haha!

Hello Harley! Reading you story we were pretty much times the same. I started bleeding on the 22 of dec and got worst on the 23rd so went to the er and hcg level were verry low and vaginal ultrasound confirmed everything was clear. I was only 5 weeks also so it was chopped up to a chemical. I ordered some hpt and hcg's online and waiting to get them. I would be at cycle day 12 right now so I hope I get them in time to pinpoint my ovulation but I am curious now to see if hcg's would be negative or still be positive. I can't offer you any advice but to ask if it is possible that you are already pregnant again? Let me know how everything goes at the doc today!

hello. Very sorry for your loss...Not to get you all worried but did they check for an ectopic pregnancy?

It's possible I could be pregnant again if I somehow managed to ovulate only a week after the miscarriage but then I don't know how it would pick up on a hpt so early and SO dark!
And the doctor did say that I was either having a miscarriage or an ectopic but the ectopic was unlikely cause I had no pain on examination. He sent me to the OB for the ultrasound...would he be able to tell if I had an ectopic with an internal ultrasound??? Hmm...well I guess I'll find out in a couple of hours! Thanks for the input ladies and I'll let u know how it goes! I'm assuming they will just send me for blood work yippee lol!!

Well just as I thought had to get blood work done...so we will see what's up in about a day!

Hope you get some good news : ) it would be great if you just O'd early!

So I got my results from the nurse and my hcg is at 38! She is getting the doctor to call me...could I still be this high after misscarrying 2 weeks ago at only 4weeks along? Or is it possible I ov'd a week after and am pregnant again?? There is no way a hpt would have picked up on a new pregnancy that early right?
Ughhhhh guess I will just keep waiting :S

it could be either
they will order another BETA and if it is higher than its a new prgenancy and if it is lower its left overs from the MC.. i hope its a new one

good luck xx

If it isn't ectopic maybe (and I'm just throwing this out there) there was the loss of a twin and it was just too early for the ultrasound to pick up the other baby. I only say this because I've heard of woman being told there was no baby developing from an early ultrasound when there actually was. I hope they can figure this out for you...it really is perplexing! I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Haha! It's funny you say that cause youre the third person to say that about twins lol! But I doubt that if it was still a pregnancy from the first positive hpt on dec 17th that the hcg level would only be 38 :(
So I talked to the doctors office and yes we have to go back for bloods next week to see if levels are rising or falling...more waiting ahhhh!!
Thanks for your input :)

I hope its a new one! Oh the joy of the waiting game, I am not to good at that :) hope you get answers soon!

It is possible to get pregnant quickly after a miscarriage. My sister-in-law fell pregnant 6 days after hers. She's just had her baby and it was due pretty soon after the first one would have been. She was born 6 weeks early so there were only a few weeks difference.

I hope everything works out for you. :thumbup:

Wow! That's so crazy!! I guess anything is possible then lol!!!
I'm trying not getting my hopes up but it's nice to be able to have a little hope!
Thanks!

Hope you get some good news this week!

Thanks ivylane!! The wait might kill me first though lol!!
I took another hpt yesterday and it's still positive!!

No news yet! Two more very positive hpts though! I go tomorrow for blood work then won't find out the results till the next day!
Waiting is no fun!!! Haha! Thanks for asking! I'll be sure to update as soon as I know! It's driving me nuts!!

Ugggg...I'd be a complete nutter! Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->