Pregnancy test getting darker with time???

tkeith8109

Reaction score
I have posted my test in the tww board, but I wanted to ask some of you ladies that are actually pregnant a few questions. At 9dpo (pm) I took a frer and a walmart cheapie, both came up with a vvvfl within the time limit and after about 30 minutes it was very clear and pink, even my husband could see it, he normally can't. So I took another the next day, 10dpo am, it was still very light but there and within time limit, as time went on it got even more pink. I took one at 10dpo pm, 11 dpo am, and 11dpo mid afternoon, which is today. All have been vvvfl all pink and show up within the time frame, but get darker as time goes on. I took a walmart cheapie with this afternoons pee and it was definitely there, barely, but at the 30 minute mark it is definitely noticeable. I am just wondering if this means I am pregnant and it's still just way too early to get a strong line. I am also worried that the lines have not gotten darker at all in the past 2 days. I figured the hcg would have doubled by now, but I also read that hcg will really start increasing at around 14 or 15dpo. This will be my 4th pregnancy, 3rd child, but I always had a strong line, because I didn't test until af was due or late. I am not going to test again until Wednesday, af is due on thursday. The only reason I am testing early is because I have to know asap due to a thyroid disease and my dr needs to know asap.

A faint positive, even an extremely faint positive, is still a positive. If your thyroid disorder is bad enough to scare you this much, you could certainly get your blood work done now and see the doctor in a few days. By that time, you'll be know for sure whether or not you're pregnant. I have Hashimoto's myself and just saw my endocrinologist on Friday.

With my third-born, I got BFNs until I was 5 weeks along, and even then, it was extremely light. Now, she's a perfect little 2-year-old, so don't let the shade of your lines scare you too much.

I had my thyroid removed last year due to graves, I saw him in Oct and my levels were perfect he just told me when I do get a positive to come in as soon as I can. I am starting to get really excited about my test. I do however see a lot of people say faint when I can clearly see it. When I say faint I mean barely there, I can see it, but it's definitely light light light.

My positive tests this time started out super faint, barely there, not even sure if it was coloured or not, but after the time limit they dried to a darker line with definite pink to them, vs negative evap lines that dry to a grey.

I'd say you're definitely getting positives. Congratulations!

Mine took quite a while to darken this time, but I was mainly using internet cheapies, did a couple of other tests and the test line wasn't as strong as I remember them being in previous pregnancies. I'm now 7+1 and the test line on ICs is finally stonger than the control, (but I did a FRER the other day and the control line is super faint compared to the test)

I started this thread: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...then-darkened-hour-so-later.html#post37926609
which has pics of my super faint first BFPs at about 10-12dpo

I took another today with fmu and I saw something there but right at 10 minutes it was pretty noticeable and pink! I'm hoping it's really.

Congratulations!!! That's sounding pretty good! Okay, so your thyroid levels are probably well balanced using medication, then? Our babies depend on our thyroid hormone 100% until about 11 weeks along, so we need to make sure we are supplying enough. That being said, many people don't even find out their thyroids are underfunctioning until they've done their first trimester blood work, and it won't harm baby to be a little deficient, and you probably aren't very deficient if you're medicating daily to replace the missing hormone. My doctor likes me to redo my blood work every 6 weeks throughout my pregnancies, but he will go as far as every 3 months if my levels have been stable. So you know what to expect. :)

I talked with my endo about it and he said every 6 weeks he will want to see me. However I am worried that my test are taking 10 minutes to get dark. I can definitely see it before, but it doesn't start getting darker til around 7 minutes. I took a digital today and it said not pregnant. I think I am going to try a different brand. I am worried that these are Evaps or false or something which is why I haven't gotten excited. Im not due til Thursday so we just have to wait and see.

This is what it looked like at 10 minutes. I took this picture about 40 minutes after the test, but the color is about the same. It started getting darker at around 8 minutes and this is what it looked like at 10. Thoughts? With these test it says a positive will show at 3 minutes but don't read after 10 so idk if this is true or not. Then I got the negative digital so I'm kind of feeling down.

Attachments

• 20161213_162420.jpg
    20161213_162420.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 9
Digi's are not very sensitive generally. My first digi was negative even after I had bfp's on pink line tests. My next digi was a bfp.

Attachments

• 20161213_184339.jpg
    20161213_184339.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20161129_070226.jpg
    20161129_070226.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 10
Wow that is a huge difference for just one day. I picked up more test tonight so I am going to test in the morning. This time I got a different brand. I did call the first signal company and she said that they are not meant for early detection, but if it is positive within 10 minutes it's positive!!

Looks positive to me. The Walmart brand says on the box that two lines= positive, even if they're not the same shade. I got a negative on a digital test after testing positive with a darker line on the first signal tests. Try to wait until after Thursday and I bet you'll see a difference but I'd go ahead and call your doctor

I took a ept with 3 hr hold...negative. grr i really thought it would be positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->