Pregnancy Test Reliability? Which Is Best Brand?

im-sorry-x

Reaction score
Hi guys, i spose it's exactly what it says in the title lol..
what have your experiences been with pregnancy tests? like which brand is most reliable/easy to use etc.
thanks in advance :)
xx

I used loads of cheapies and got such a faint line i thought i was seeing things!!

I used first response (the 6days early one) and that came up very clear (the day before my period was due)!! And it isnt as expensive as the clearblue digital etc...

Pee on it for five seconds (easier said then done lol) or collect it in a cup and dip it in (check instructions first tho!!)

hehe thanks, i'm strapped for cash, i saw boots and superdrug are £4 so i thought i might get them? but is that a bad idea? lol

Well thats what i thought... get the £5 ones from the chemist! But then i ended up buying 2 sets... and i wasnt satisfied with those so ended up spending £10 on First Response...so i paid double in the end haha!!

How far gone do you think you are? If you are quite past the time your period is supposed to have arrived then cheapies should be ok. If like me you want to test early/on the day of ur period i would go for the more expensive (but stronger) ones xx

first response are good! have u missed ur period yet?

do u not have brooke near you?

they do pegnancey test for free! xx

my situation's a bit stupid really lol.. i've actually had my period, but you can still have them, so i'm still worried :|
it was 3 weeks ago today that it happened, is it too early or whatever??
thanks guys.
i do have a clinic, on a tuesday, and i'm guna go there, but i wanna know before then! lol
xx

£ shops do pregnancy test if there straped for cash!! They r quite reliable but to get a def result first time i would say take the test first thing in thje morn with the first pee of the day...Hormones r at there strongest...Gd luck hun x

FRER's are good, because of the pink dye. Try to get tests with a pink dye, because the blue dye tests (like clear blue) are bad for telling if it's an actual line, or a grey evap line. Dollar tests, too, are cheap and cheerful but give a similar result to the boots and superdrug own brand. I've got some nasty evap lines previously with superdrugs own brand so i think it's better to splash out a little on tests if at all possible.

hehe thanks, i'm strapped for cash, i saw boots and superdrug are £4 so i thought i might get them? but is that a bad idea? lol

Not a bad idea at all, at 10dpo I used the same, got a cheap Sainsbury's one(you will find the test are all made by the same ppl and just have different packaging!)

FRER's are good, because of the pink dye. Try to get tests with a pink dye, because the blue dye tests (like clear blue) are bad for telling if it's an actual line, or a grey evap line. Dollar tests, too, are cheap and cheerful but give a similar result to the boots and superdrug own brand. I've got some nasty evap lines previously with superdrugs own brand so i think it's better to splash out a little on tests if at all possible.

Hmm.. I've heard bad things about FRER's.. saying it's really hard to tell whether the line's there.. I was gonna get clearblue's digital cuz there's no debating, it either says you are or aren't pregnant, bad/good idea?
xx

1st response when i was pregnant gave a really strong line and that was 4 days before my period!

Not a bad idea at all, at 10dpo I used the same, got a cheap Sainsbury's one(you will find the test are all made by the same ppl and just have different packaging!)

i used tescos and had no problems at all :) correct result and strong line first time

thankyou! :D i'm going out to get one now, i'm gonna get 2 clearblue digitals so there's no wondering about 'was there a line there?' cuz loads of people have said they had problems with that lol
x

Taken my test! I got a nice clear 'Not Pregnant' after 3 mins :D
I know you can get false negatives though, so i'm guna get a free test at the clinic on tuesday and take the other one i've got late next week to see if they all say neg :D
xx

How late are you hun?

Iv used the cheapest one from boots, superdrug and my chemist and all came out with clear "pregnant" lines. (Which was accurate) Depends how soon your thinking of testing though x

my situation's a bit stupid really lol.. i've actually had my period, but you can still have them, so i'm still worried :|
it was 3 weeks ago today that it happened, is it too early or whatever??
thanks guys.
i do have a clinic, on a tuesday, and i'm guna go there, but i wanna know before then! lol
xx

so i'm not late lol

Iv used the cheapest one from boots, superdrug and my chemist and all came out with clear "pregnant" lines. (Which was accurate) Depends how soon your thinking of testing though x

thanks, i ended up splashing out £13.99 that i borrowed from a mate haha

Digitals are known for not being as sensitive as the 'normal' tests so i would definately reccomend getting the other test done on tuesday like you said.Other than that I wouldve reccomended asdas tests they do a pack of 2 for less than five pound.

Digitals are known for not being as sensitive as the 'normal' tests so i would definately reccomend getting the other test done on tuesday like you said.Other than that I wouldve reccomended asdas tests they do a pack of 2 for less than five pound.

Oh damn i didn't know that.. thanks! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->