Pregnancy Test said neg, but still no period and i'm getting a bump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blufairy

Reaction score
Hi

so we were ttc. we last had unprotected intercourse on the 27th january and in early february. On the 5th february, I had what looked like implantation bleeding, which was not actual bleeding, but i wont go into detail there. Two weeks after the 'implantation bleeding' i took two pregnancy tests which were negative.

I started getting nausea some weeks later and my doctor told me to take another test, so I did and it was negative (again).

One thing which was a little bit strange is I had a very very very faint positive but it disappeared after two minutes,, so I told myself it was a faulty test. And everyone on Yahoo answers,, told me it was a faulty test or I looked at the test too soon.

I haven't had a period since september (because I don't have regular periods) so i dont know when i'm going to get one. Anyway, my belly has developed a bump, if you look at my pics you will see what I mean. I havent been eating more than usual at ALL but ive put on weight ad look pregnant! please can anyone tell me if this looks like pregnancy? I am calling the doctor today for a blood test! I jst want to know if my stomach really looks like there could be a little person inside!

It has been gradual , and it's definitely getting bigger as the weeks go by. I have ruled out bloating.
im usually flat at the bottom of my stomach, and this pic is me breathing in! the bump doesn't go away and I exercise regularly for all you who will say omg you are fat! lol. Please? anyone?

thank you.

(I will add a picture once I have 10 posts, but if you would like the link to my picture in the meantime, please could you PM me to see it?) thank you

here is the picture of my mysterious bump. I will also add that I previously had nausea, dizziness, etc so many pregnancy symptoms. Just no sickness. Backache alot. and so on. I only really noticed a few days ago when my work shirt wouldn't fit properly. I thought it had shrunk but no my belly is getting bigger..chuckle.

https://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/comeback99/019.jpg

you very well could be pregnant, looks like a baby bump to me. and there are many women who are lucky enough to get NO sickness their whole pregnancy. i would def ask the dr for a blood test. some drs will order it if you just call them, no need for a visit. fingers crossed for you

Thanks. I'm pretty nervous, I think it's not knowing for sure. Knowing my luck the tests probably were wrong. I'm just worried sick but trying not to think about it.. I'm happy either way :) thanks for your answer.

here is the picture of my mysterious bump. I will also add that I previously had nausea, dizziness, etc so many pregnancy symptoms. Just no sickness. Backache alot. and so on. I only really noticed a few days ago when my work shirt wouldn't fit properly. I thought it had shrunk but no my belly is getting bigger..chuckle.

https://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x377/comeback99/019.jpg

Have you called your doctor about it?

Hi

Not yet. I did tell her that the tests were negative and she told me to take another (which was also negative) and come back in four weeks. But I'm going to get another appointment for this week. I just don't get it, so strange. Whatever it is, I hope it's not a growth of some sort, or if I am pregnant, I am a bit worried as to why the tests said negative, apart from the one which was positive for a few minutes before magically disappearing. This is all so stressful ....boy oh boy.

Thanks.

Good luck to you! It looks like a baby bump so hopefully a blood test will confirm!

when preg with my son all preg tests said neg only one that was poss was blood test

Thank you! I will keep you all updated for sure. :hugs2:

I am so nervous. I had a miscarriage in 2009 so if I am pregnant, I am, well, so anxious. If I am, and I am showing, then, I must be around 3 months now.. damn :( have had no medical support or anything. I'm scared.

Hi

Not yet. I did tell her that the tests were negative and she told me to take another (which was also negative) and come back in four weeks. But I'm going to get another appointment for this week. I just don't get it, so strange. Whatever it is, I hope it's not a growth of some sort, or if I am pregnant, I am a bit worried as to why the tests said negative, apart from the one which was positive for a few minutes before magically disappearing. This is all so stressful ....boy oh boy.

Thanks.

Have you by chance been tested for PCOS? I know it might be a long shot but my belly looks like that but bigger. And my belly used to be flat and then it did what yours was doing and then I gained 40 pounds and everyone kept asking me if I was pregnant. Turned out I had PCOS. Not saying that you do but I just wanted to make sure.

Hi

Thanks.

Have you by chance been tested for PCOS? I know it might be a long shot but my belly looks like that but bigger. And my belly used to be flat and then it did what yours was doing and then I gained 40 pounds and everyone kept asking me if I was pregnant. Turned out I had PCOS. Not saying that you do but I just wanted to make sure.

Hi

thanks, I was wondering the same. my doctor ran some blood tests and said the only thing which was raised was prolactin, but i've not had any scans or anything
i'm not getting my hopes up either way. Because I can't believe it really , and i've been let down so many times! so trying to keep cool. I am thinking i'm not, bt i don't know whether that is fear of disappointment. It's all so strange :shrug: I am getting waves of nausea too but they only last for a minute. I am just going to have to wait for the bloods
my mother had PCOS too so I wouldn't be suprised. I can't tell whether my mind is playing tricks on me. I do knowthe mind is powerful and can produce lots of symptoms, but then those symptoms can be something else :wacko:
since this strange CM or what others are saying could be 'implantation bleeding' appeared, i've been really lost. It happened.. 8 days later. Then nausea and all, and only now am I getting nausea and swollen boobs, but it doesn't fit it with what I have found online. Its driving me mad, I dont even knoow if I am meant to be showing already if I am expecting. I don't have any other children and have only been pregnant once already but never made it 'this far' and cant' explain all of this hmm :nope:

thanks

Prolactin is the hormone that causes milk production, its the same one that stops breastfeeding womens periods at the beginning, and then as the baby feeds less thelevels drop and their period returns, accord to the internet. So if you have raise prolactin that could be why your missing your period. Just why its raised I couldnt even guess at, but maybe its more than a coincidence. Good luck

Thank you!

:hugs2:

got to wait until thursday am for blood test. I appreciate al your answers

Fairy

Prolactin is the hormone that causes milk production, its the same one that stops breastfeeding womens periods at the beginning, and then as the baby feeds less thelevels drop and their period returns, accord to the internet. So if you have raise prolactin that could be why your missing your period. Just why its raised I couldnt even guess at, but maybe its more than a coincidence. Good luck

This is correct, i just finished teaching this in my anatomy class...high levels of prolacton do cause amenorrhea ... Hoping its not and your pg tho! Fx! Looks like a bump to me! :)

i have previously had raised prolactin too... and i now have amennorhea and pcos, its been 4 months and no period! :(
starting clomid soon hopefully xx

good luck to you, whatever the answer may be

It's not unheard of for women to get negative pregnancy tests yet still be pregnant so there is some hope for you! GL and I would certainly be asking for blood tests from the Dr asap!

I just called the doctor and explained what's going on. I asked her for a blood test but for some reason she said no, we will do a scan....arghh help
i'm so nervous. Not only nervous but a bit annoyed because I went to the doctor a month ago telling her I had negative pregnancy test and still had many pregnancy symptoms. well now that a im getting a bump , they are finally listening to me ,, what on earth does it take for some doctors to listen these days? its true, us women know our bodies better than anyone else yet you have to be possibly 3 months pregnant for them to do test .. argh :nope::wacko::cry: there's definitely something in there. :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"