Pregnancy test turned negative at 9+4?

Tuddles

Reaction score
I'm 9 weeks and 4 days, tested today for fun and now my tests are negative. I'm panicking a bit.

My symptoms are still there (even have to be on medication for hypermesis) so I'm confused.

Anyone had this experience? I've had positive tests until 6 weeks and haven't tested since. Last ultrasound was 6 weeks, next isn't until 12.

Hook effect? Try diluting your urine with some water and test again

I don't have enough posts to post a picture, but the test I'm using is a cheap one that cost £1

Year? the test was for this year, it was bought 3 weeks ago.
I'll try post a picture when I have enough posts D:

Id say hook effect mine at 6 weeks were allt lighter until i diluted it

Def there hun...

Hook effect that hunny ur 9 weeks xx hcg peaks arounf then

Can you I ask you, on ultrasound at 6 weeks what did you see?

We had one at 5w2d and only saw a sac and a teeeeny fetal pole with no heartbeat. Came back at 6w2d and there was bebe with a heartbeat

hey - thank you all! hoping it's hook effect!
Feel reassured now.

I saw the heartbeat and everything else including sac and pole. I actually saw all that at 5+4 believe it or not, when I went for an emergency ultrasound. Baby had grown between the two ultrasounds. Going to be an anxious 2 week wait now :(!

Thank you all again!

This happend to me at 10 weeks!!!was with a cheap firstvue test from poundland,went for my scan yesterday and baby was perfect and got dated 13+3 :) I'm sure your hcg os just too high and confused the test xxxxxx

Definitely the hook effect. I would advise you to stop testing, it can cause unnecessary panic and upset.

Just wanted to update anyone who stumbles upon this thread.

It was definitely the hook effect. I won't be testing again.

Thank you to all the ladies who responded.

Top is undiluted, bottom is diluted.

https://i.imgur.com/IgcLZcZ.jpg

I'd advise against testing honestly.

Oh god that would have defo send me into panic mode!

Your top test is still dark and visible but I can see the difference in the diluted one! Put those test away now!

This is definitely a prime example as to why we all need to just step away from the pregnancy tests once our pregnancies are confirmed by a professional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->