• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Pregnancy Tests UK

jenners45

TTC #1
Reaction score
UK ladies where do you buy your pregnancy tests? They seem so expencive over here, the cheapest I've seen is 2 pack for about £4.79 from superdrug, just seems a lot of money for something you wee on! I've only bought one so far and thats a clear blue digital (£10) but I would like to get some cheaper ones to but at good value for money.

I buy ovulation tests off eBay which some come will pregnancy tests cheaply & you can also buy just the pregnancy tests if prefered I would use those & then use the expensive digital ones to confirm 😄

I bought some of amazon you can get 5 for £4 roughly delivered.

Hey lovely

I got 100opks with 20 hpts off amazon for £20. They are super cheap and probably not very sensitive (i didnt research the miu) FRERs are so bloody expensive!! I have heard superdrug are good sensitive ones so I think I might get some if they are 4.79 for 2 x

Hey lovely

I got 100opks with 20 hpts off amazon for £20. They are super cheap and probably not very sensitive (i didnt research the miu) FRERs are so bloody expensive!! I have heard superdrug are good sensitive ones so I think I might get some if they are 4.79 for 2 x

Ooh that sounds good did they come in discreet packaging?

Tesco aren't too bad. I get most of mine off eBay the. My current clear blue opks are from eBay

I've just bought 15 of the 10m early detection ones from
Amazon for £2.80! They had them in a sale. Dunno how good they are.. I'm on cd32 with no AF is sight, don't two tests and both bfn lol. But I guess Im not preg! Anyways.. Worth it just to pee on for £2.80 and that's delivered! X

The amazon ones come in a big plastic zip lock bag then just in a normal bubblewrap-browny envelope thing?! I cant remember any stickers on the envelope but dont quote me! Ive just done a bit of research and they are 25miu sensitivity.

I heard frers are 6.5miu.

Ive just bought a different one today from home bargains called Predictor Early, it was 3.49 for 1 but the sensitivity is 12.5miu so half way house between cheapies and frers!

12dpo(CD47) tomorrow after late O on CD35, its my first month testing meaning I have an unknown luteal phase so im not sure when my period is due!! Going to use the frer so FX!

Whats your story? :)

As above, I buy the cheap ones off amazon for a few pound. They just come in a brown envelope.
I got my BFP on them when pregnant with DD.

As above, I buy the cheap ones off amazon for a few pound. They just come in a brown envelope.
I got my BFP on them when pregnant with DD.

Thats interesting to know! I feel I'm wasting my time taking them lol. I read they are sensitive enought to give an accurate result 1 day after a missed period. How many dpo were you when you got your bfp on a cheapy?x

If you have a Home Bargains (Quality Save) or B&M Bargains local they do a box of 3 dip strips for 99p. Home Bargains ones are called Accu News and come in a pink box, B&M Bargains ones are called Clear&Simple and come in a white/blue box. I got a BFP at 10DPO with both those tests.

o.m.g i am new and didnt understand half the slang i no bfp and bfn hpt and dd but the rest im lost on please help so i can understand! sorry to jump on your post hun x

o.m.g i am new and didnt understand half the slang i no bfp and bfn hpt and dd but the rest im lost on please help so i can understand! sorry to jump on your post hun x

This thread will help you learn all the terms. Welcome to BnB :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/forum-help-testing-area/730-babyandbump-lingo-abbreviations.html

The amazon ones come in a big plastic zip lock bag then just in a normal bubblewrap-browny envelope thing?! I cant remember any stickers on the envelope but dont quote me! Ive just done a bit of research and they are 25miu sensitivity.

I heard frers are 6.5miu.

Ive just bought a different one today from home bargains called Predictor Early, it was 3.49 for 1 but the sensitivity is 12.5miu so half way house between cheapies and frers!

12dpo(CD47) tomorrow after late O on CD35, its my first month testing meaning I have an unknown luteal phase so im not sure when my period is due!! Going to use the frer so FX!

Whats your story? :)

Thanx everyone for your replies, this is really usefull.

Hi Lottie, I'm pretty new to TTC whats miu? I guess thats something to do with how sensitive it is?? My hubby and I have been ntnp for 6 months and decided January was the month we would take things up a gear and start properly ttc#1, only it hasn't gone to plan as hubby has been poorly so we've hardly bd at all, bit disapointing hoping February is going to be better for us, and it gives me a chance to order some cheapie tests!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"