Pregnancy Tests

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Good Evening All,

I apologize if this is the wrong section for this question, but I was wondering what the pros/cons to Clearblue & First Response pregnancy tests were, or what the differences even are?

Additionally, thoughts on purchasing cheapies online (or dollar store if they have any) for a NTNP/moving towards TTC couple? The excitement of testing sometimes has lead to some early testing (negative 2 days ago but feeling different and having some symptoms that could be early pregnancy from my previous experience.. but could be an impending period), so it would be more economical to use the drug store tests that are around $10 each here only if there was a possible line on the cheaper tests?

I anticipate that if this month leads in BFN, TTC will become a bit more involved in 2016. Where does one even start with this? Prenatals started in July, non-drinker already with daily work out regimen and decent diet.

I ordered a bunch of wondos on ebay so it makes it easy for me to test early! I would steer clear of blue dyes since they tend to have more evaps than red dye. good luck!

With my first I tested with a First Response and a ClearBlue - the FRER gave me the correct positive while the CB gave me a false negative. Haven't used CB again since.

This pregnancy I stocked up on FRERs and dollar tests, and started using the cheapies at 6 DPO. 8 DPO I switched to FRER and got a positive the next morning at 9 (same with first). I don't think the cheapies gave me a line for another two days or so, but I was able to get a positive on them as well, just not as soon.

You could definitely use the dollar/cheaper tests and then just confirm with the expensive brand if that is what you're interested in. Good luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->