Pregnancy tests

Hellymay83

Reaction score
Hi all

I am 7 weeks tomorrow, I did a test this morning using fmu and it was barely visible, my previous tests have been really bright so I am a little worried to say the least.

I called the doctors but they won't do any tests or an ultra sound because I'm not bleeding.

I read that if hcg is really high it can confuse tests and they can give you a false negative... Is this true?

Thanks

One of my friends took one at 7 weeks and had a problem. The issue is usually that the positive line sucks up al the ink and the control line doesn't have any left to darken. I don't see why it would be a faint positive line? Try another one.

hi hun i had the same problem the beggining of last week, if u dilute your wee half wee half water then test it it should be dark again. dont panic its were yr hcg is so strong it confuses the tests if i do one now without diluting it it comes out negative, but iv since had a scan and everything is fine

One of my friends took one at 7 weeks and had a problem. The issue is usually that the positive line sucks up al the ink and the control line doesn't have any left to darken. I don't see why it would be a faint positive line? Try another one.

I've done loads Hun they are all faint 

hi hun i had the same problem the beggining of last week, if u dilute your wee half wee half water then test it it should be dark again. dont panic its were yr hcg is so strong it confuses the tests if i do one now without diluting it it comes out negative, but iv since had a scan and everything is fine

Thank you, I hope this is the case, I have a scan on Wednesday so at least I won't have to wait long to find out.

If you're not bleeding, I really wouldn't worry hun. Your levels get so crazy.

I heard that after a certain amount of weeks pregnant the tests arnt as accurate as there is so much HCG hormone in the system??? I could be completely wrong though!! lol

STOP TESTING!

You'll drive yourself nuts. At 7 weeks or later your HcG is SO high that you confuse your tests. . .it's called the hook effect.

If there is a problem, you'd be bleeding and cramping. . .I'll bet things are just fine :)

:hugs:

If you're not bleeding, I really wouldn't worry hun. Your levels get so crazy.

No not bleeding just lots of White discharge (tmi) I'm sure I'm just worrying over nothing as this is my first pregnancy 

Thanks for the advise everyone guess all will be revealed on Wednesday!

I have read that you hcg levels prevent AF from happening. If your levels were dropping perhaps that would bring on AF. So, I am thinking that if you are not bleeding, your levels are fine. Fingers crossed for your scan. It's weird that you think you will start to worry once the baby is born but it all starts once you get that BFP doesn't it!! Good luck, I hope you get fantastic news on Wednesday that will put your mind at ease.

Do not worry, when I got referred to the EPU they 1st did a urine test which was very faint compared to the dark lines I was used to. They then took my blood and my hcg levels were over 56,000 and we saw baby and heartbeat! I'm sure there's just to much hormone for the HPT to pick up clearly.
Good luck for Wednesday, keep u posted x

Do not worry, when I got referred to the EPU they 1st did a urine test which was very faint compared to the dark lines I was used to. They then took my blood and my hcg levels were over 56,000 and we saw baby and heartbeat! I'm sure there's just to much hormone for the HPT to pick up clearly.
Good luck for Wednesday, keep u posted x

Thank you, are you 7 weeks too?

Will keep you updated 

I was 6weeks 4 days when I had my levels checked, 7 weeks today x

I meant to ask if you were using FMU. I am only just pregnant but I tested at 8/9 dpo and got a really faint line so being an obsessive person I have tested everyday, sometimes three times a day!! I found my second wee of the day gave the best results as in the darkest line. Not sure why that is but thought it might be worth considering????

Well I go at about 2.30am then when I wake up at 7.30 am, I usually use the 7.30 am fmu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->