Pregnancy tests

esther

Mum to Layla born June 09
Reaction score
Hey girls,

Another weird question for you all. When I did my last home pregnancy test to make sure that I was definitely 100% still preggers, the pregnancy test line came up almost immediately which was fantastic and was pretty much as dark as it could possibly be and then the control line (the line which always comes up even if you are negative) didn't come up as quickly and was a fair bit fainter than the test line. I do two out of the same packet because I thought that there might have been a problem with that particular test. There are definitely two lines but the test line is sooo dark and the control line much less than they normally are.

I googled it and read somewhere that from someone's response that when the hcg is so strong, the test line pulls dye from the control line. Who knows?

Just wondering if you any of you had a similar thing happen to you?

Cheers!

Did u do the test in the morning, cos i have found that a morning test and afternoon test will vary in how dark the test line is.

For sum reason the more later in the day u do the test the darker the test line.

Dont worry, im 11 wks n i must have POAS bout 35 times. :blush::rofl:

HTH.

V x x x

When i was around 7 weeks i couldnt stop testing lol , I had the same .
After asking the midwife she said the same , That most of the dye is used on your positive line so not much left for the controll line lol.. Its a good sign . xxx .

I found exactly the same thing when I did a test last night (just because I was panicking!)

The positive line came up straight away and was a lot stronger... it makes sense about it pulling dye away from the control line, and it must be a good sign to have a strong level of hcg :)

Ahhh good to know, it was very strange because they tests I did before the last one they were equal in colour which I was stoked about and now the recent tests just stumped me, was very weird. Good to know you girls have experienced similar as well and its not just me!

Nothing wrong here at all. It's just the test :) Doesn't mean it is bad either. Congrats again sweety. My line came up straight away and just kept getting darker. Now I swear it's just as dark or darker then the control line. Hugs

Thanks again, just sooo weird that the control line was so faint, and I mean fainter than what it would be if it came up on a negative test - ahhhh these pregnancy nerves!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->