Pregnancy while taking Provera?

pambolina21

Reaction score
Has anyone ever gotten pregnant while taking Provera? Doc says it can happen...but can it REALLY happen?!

I've known it happen twice.

1st time was myself- early M/C resulted around 5-6 weeks but i was only 19 so I didn't trouble myself too much about it, as by the time the pregnancy was discovered it was essentially all over.

The second time was much later, in a professional setting. A patient attended, 28 weeks pregnant with her 3rd baby. She'd been on depo and done everything right, but she'd discovered she was pregnant when she was around 22-23 weeks when she started to notice movements. It'd been a bit of a shock to her and her partner, but they'd got used to it, and when I met them they were in the process of selling their car to get a new one big enough to fit in baby number 3.

She'd come to hospital quite late at night, concerned that she wasn't feeling baby move very much. When I examined her, there was sadly no heartbeat. It was the first time it'd happened to me, and I've never forgotten it. It was absolutely heartbreaking.

I doubt it had anything to do with the depo provera, as that is just basically progesterone, but after what happened to me, I could never quite shake that feeling off...

Happily, the lady in question was back with us a yeah later, and gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. So even in tragedy, there is alway hope

Hope i haven't depressed you too much ..... :)

I've heard of it happening with provera, but I've never personally experienced it. Good luck to you though.

Thanks ladies.....That has been a concern...getting pregnanct and miscarrying cause of the Provera....but the doctors didn't say anything about it.....guess only time will tell!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->