Pregnancy with PCOS.

Sophm88

Reaction score
I have just been for my booking in appointment and because I have PCOS they have told me I will be consultant led. I panicked a bit and googled the reasons for me being high risk and now I am so worried about it all.

Any one else in the same boat or can offer some reassurance?

I have PCOS. During my first pregnancy I had absolutely no special treatments/appointments at all. Have a healthy 4 year old DD. Had a second trimester pregnancy loss for my second pregnancy (no relation to PCOS at all). So I am high risk this time for my other issue, but they don't do any sort of special testing/treatment for my PCOS. I guess it may depend on the severity of your PCOS. I am considered a "healthy" weight and don't really have any issues related to PCOS except for irregular cycles/lack of ovulation.

I have PCOS, no special treatment although I wish I was getting some extra love. I had to wait until 10 weeks for my first appointment. If you get an early scan consider yourself lucky. You do have a higher chance of MC with PCOS especially if you are overweight, but at this point there really isn't anything you or your docs can do to prevent that. Good luck and I hope the extra attention makes you feel like you are getting good care!

Thank you both! I am not overweight so fingers crossed I'll be ok! I didn't have any problems with DD but I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS until April this year so they wouldn't have know back then I guess! They said the consultant would see me at about 20 weeks so we will see then! We've paid for an early scan at 8 weeks just to put our minds at ease and we can tell DD then!

Happy and healthy 9 months for both you ladies! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->