Pregnancy Yoga

scuffer

Mum to 3 lovely boys!
Reaction score
I wondered if anyone is doing a yoga class during pregnancy? There's a centre near me that does a class specifically for pregnant women but I keep forgetting to go and I'm starting to wonder if I should give up on the whole idea!

:wacko:

NOOO Dont give up its amazing- i bought a dvd and do 40 minutes at home most days it totally relaxes your body and mind its great..... I am also starting classes once a week but i love doing it at home too it makes you feel so much better about things and that labour is going to be fine- they also teach you lots of breathing exercises which will help :)

Go for it i would recommend it 100% :)
xx

I started going at 15 weeks. I'm not really enjoying it! I am one of the least pg ladies there, everyone else has well established bumps and are late 2nd/3rd tri.

The yoga is very simple and basic as they incorporate having a big bump. So I think it suits later in pregnancy. Give it a go tho - lots of ppl really love it! xxx

It's never too late to start a pregnancy routine. I do pilates and love it!! It's just a DVD I do here at home but I feel so amazing afterwards. Do yourself a favor and just go. . you'll be happy you did.

Thank you so much all of you! I shall make a big note for somewhere prominent so I don't miss it on Tuesday evening!

I'm waiting on my yoga dvd coming so I can crack on....definately try keep it up, I would go to a class if there was one near me!

I'm waiting on my yoga dvd coming so I can crack on....definately try keep it up, I would go to a class if there was one near me!

I am lucky, there's a yoga place 5 minutes walk from my house and I've been told the lady who runs the group is lovely. You'll have to let me know how you get on.

I started doing yoga before I became pregnant as a class in college, then stopped around december when class ended, and have just picked it back up. in my class, there was a pregnant girl and she told me do NOT stop doing yoga! it makes you feel SO much better, physically, mentally, the whole shebang. she was absolutely right. i'm mad that i stopped even for a month. i've just bought prenatal vinyasa yoga by jennifer wolfe. it's an advanced flow yoga and man, it's a workout! but after i do the dvd i feel AMAZING! my back gets popped and muscles stretched so no more back pain. I definitely recommend taking a class to learn the basics, then incorporating it into your daily life. even a 5 minute breathing exercise will help you get through the day. what i do NOT recommend is just buying a yoga dvd without knowing what you're doing. many times you will end up doing something wrong without realizing it, like not grounding your feet properly which can make you off balance, or not engaging the correct muscles at the appropriate time, both mistakes rendering the pose useless.

I am still doing yoga while PG, but not a special pregnancy DVD. I bought one and it was just too mild and boring for me. Instead, I've done a bunch fo reading about pregnancy and yoga and am adjusting my home practice to suit my needs at the moment. I'm finding now (at 14 weeks) I can still do most poses, but I definitely tire more quickly and I go very easy with twists. I also pass on the poses on your belly and back.

Hope you can find something that works for you. I keep hearing that staying physical active someway or another is the best thing a PG lady can do to make her labor and recovery better.

Been meaning to do this myself but kept putting it off. Then I finally emailed the instructor at the place near me and she never emailed back! That doesn't help my determination much! I need to get some exercise though, I'm starting to get winded just doing the housework. :haha: I did get one of those pregnancy balls which I like though.

Hope you can find something that works for you. I keep hearing that staying physical active someway or another is the best thing a PG lady can do to make her labor and recovery better.

I kept really active through my last pregnancy, walking miles and miles daily and hiking. I did have a much better birth than the first time round when I had been quite sedantry.

Thanks scuffer... great to know and great to keep to motivated to keep moving! I've been doing yoga, walking on the treadmill and snowshoeing. Not sure if it's enough, but hopefully it will help :)

I am doing yoga classes - but not specifically for pregnant ladies. Really loving it, but not being able to lie on my back for long is not so great. I love yoga - have been doing it for a couple of years now, and truelly believe it helps me mentally and physically. I use my relaxation techniques regularly... And, believe that they will help me during labour!

I too plan to be as active as possible through the pregnancy, and straight after bubba is born - being out and about is my form of therapy, so I believe keeping up my normal routine is important!

I am doing yoga classes - but not specifically for pregnant ladies. Really loving it, but not being able to lie on my back for long is not so great. I love yoga - have been doing it for a couple of years now, and truelly believe it helps me mentally and physically. I use my relaxation techniques regularly... And, believe that they will help me during labour!

I too plan to be as active as possible through the pregnancy, and straight after bubba is born - being out and about is my form of therapy, so I believe keeping up my normal routine is important!

Keeping active before and after is so good for you both, I was out for a small walk the day after my last baby was born ane he is always happiest when we're out and about with the pram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->