Pregnancy yoga

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Pielette, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Pielette

Pielette Mum to little men

Hi ladies,

Has anyone decided to do pregnancy yoga, or has anyone done it before? I think I'd really like to give it a go but am struggling to find classes in my area, and would love to hear if it's any good from anyone who's done it before.
    xx

2. t33cup

t33cup mum of one and expecting

I do it on thursday evenings, love it. Even the relaxation part which i normally dont like it any ordinary class Ive done (I preferred to practice by myself) x

3. jessyjones

jessyjones Mummy to Boy / Girl Twins

im exactly the same... ive just fired off an email to the lady who runs the antenatal classes at my local hospital in hope that she can help because i cant find anything on tinternet :/

4. kizzyt

kizzyt Loving my baby girl

I tried yoga years ago and it wasnt really for me, I am more of a gym/cardio girl and I considered going to some preg yoga classes but I am already paying gym membership and its extra to pay out for so the other night I flicked through the fitness channel on SKY and found a preg yoga class which I recorded. Havent tried it yet but I thought at least I can see if I like it/can do it from that before signing up for classes :)

5. katrina1987

katrina1987 2 boys and Twin girls

Im going to yoga exercise, they don't do a specific one for pregnancy, so im going to join in on what I can and don't do what I can't. But I want to try and have a cmpletely natural birth this time round and I though this would help for the breathing and relaxng side of it

6. Kimmi82

Kimmi82 Mummy to baby Faye

Oooooo ive just found one near me, and I had no idea you can have time off work for it too! xx

7. Pielette

Pielette Mum to little men

That's what I was thinking, hopefully it would be good for training my body to keep as calm and relaxed as possible.
    It's annoying because the only one I've managed to find in Essex is one which takes place on Saturdays when I already do spinning and training. I don't want to cram in yoga after that as well, was hoping to spread the activity out more!

8. JZW

JZW Mummy to Evie <3 & NTNP

One of my friends said she did pregnancy yoga everyday and it only took her 20 mins to give birth! Once I heard that I was like "sign me up NOW!" hahah

I'm gonna get some dvds or try and find some online videos to try it at home first. Might then do some drop in sessions to see whether I still enjoy it. I start my maternity leave in September so if I end up loving it, might just spend the whole month going to classes. Anything for a 20min birth!

really? I thought it was only for classes your midwife reccommended? I didn't realise you can have it off for pregnancy yoga as well?

9. Kimmi82

Kimmi82 Mummy to baby Faye

Ive just gone on the website of the place near me, and it says

NOTE

Women in full-time employment are entitled to paid time off work to attend pregnancy yoga classes which are covered by the category “antenatal appointments and parent craft classes”. Appleton Yoga encourages students to take up this right.

:happydance:

10. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

i'm doing it at home it's called Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee tis good :) xx

11. Mrs. AJ

Mrs. AJ Mom to two under two!

I've got a DVD. I've never been into yoga before, but I'm really liking the pregnancy yoga!

12. want2bmum11

want2bmum11 Mummy to 1 DS

I've got this one as well - it is really good. I haven't done much yoga before but it was really easy to follow and enjoyable as well! xx

13. oneway

oneway Well-Known Member

I have enrolled for pregnancy yoga classes here in Oslo. I attended the first session last Tuesday. The class is an hour and a hlaf long and they focus on breathing correctly, stretching & strengthening and body awareness exercises. I felt very relaxed and centered at the end of the class. I have 5 more sessions to go. On the final day participants are encouraged to bring their partners as they are going to talk about breathing through labor. I am quite happy I joined since I have mild symphysis pubis pain and I hope yoga can help alleviate the pain.

14. JZW

JZW Mummy to Evie <3 & NTNP

Thanks both, have added to my lovefilms list. Hope it arrives soon so I can practise :thumbup:

15. jenny82

jenny82 Well-Known Member

I went the first time around religiously and it worked wonders for labour. I can't go on about it enough!!! The breathing exercises and positions helped me immensely through labour. I had no pain relief and was in the final stage for 90mins before LO arrived.

I haven't started classes again yet as I've been busy but I am ASAP!

16. AmyR

AmyR Mother of 2 girls!

I did a pre-natal yoga class with my first pregnancy...I met some great preggo friends there and it was a nice, relaxing and enjoyable experience.

17. AngelBunny

AngelBunny George's Mummy

you'll like it it's not too strenuous but it works all your body gently. and it doesn't talk to you like you're disabled or something for being pregnant like some of them do :haha: also got a lovely relaxing bit at the end where it tells you to lie down & imagine things almost sends me to sleep! xx

18. biscuitnodles

biscuitnodles very cautiously pregnant

I do pregnancy yoga and it is so relaxing and I think it is really worth it!