Pregnant 3 weeks after miscarriage? HELP ME LADIES!!!

mommyof5

My Eggo is Prego
Reaction score
So I had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago, and I have had a lot of unprotected sex. Tonight I took a blue dye HPT, and it is positive, and very light. I got my HCG levels pulled until they were 0 so I know it wouldnt be a leftover from the previous pregnancy. But I have heard how unreliable blue dye tests are. Anyone get pregnant less than a few weeks after their miscarriage?

I miscarried on 14th December 2010, fell pregnant again on 31st December 2010 with BFP a few weeks after so it is possible. I now have happy and healthy 11 week old girl, hope it's the same outcome for you x

Yup same here, 3 weeks after mc, I found out I was pregnant again.

Apparently after a mc we are at our most fertile for at least 3 months.

I started miscarrying May 6th and got pregnant May 28th. I will tell you it was difficult to convince my doctor I was pregnant that soon afterwards, but I definitely was! I am almost 30 weeks along and baby is kicking and healthy.

Good luck!

Thanks ladies, it was just two nasty evaps. I am not pregnant, not yet at least.

Thats too bad :hugs: hopefully your'll get your BFP soon!

For those ladies who got pregnant straight after a MC did you wait until the bleeding stopped before TTC again or were you doing it whilst in flow? I only ask because I've unfortunately said bye to my LO yesterday at 8 weeks 2 days and am just wondering if there's been any bfp's whilst bleeding was still around.

I know they say to wait until it stops as it's less chance of infection but still I'm just curious. xxxx

They say not to have sex while your bleeding, because of the risk of infection.

hey mommyof5 - yeah I read that too but it makes me wonder how women can get a BFP shortly after a m\c. My mind says either the bleeding must have been really short or that someone of them TTC whilst in flow. Just wondered more than anything.xxx

any more updates with you honey?

I didnt bleed but for a few days, so that could be how. My husband and I dont have sex while I am bleeding ever, so if I am pregnant it is because it happened after the bleeding. But I wonder if anyone has gotten prego while bleeding from a miscarriage. Hmm....I took a pink dye test last night, and there is the faintest line, but I can not tell if it has color or not,I think it does, but its not dark enough for me to trust it. I feel sick this morning and have a headache.

I would say its very unlikely to get pregnant while still bleeding from a mc as you HCG levels need to go back down before you can ov. I read you can ov from as early as 2 days after bleeding. But dont forget that sperm can live for 5 days...so I guess this is how some ladies end up pg very quickly after a mc

x

I got pregnant while bleeding from my MC. I bled Nov 6th 2011, and there was just the brown stuff left. It stopped for one day, that was the day we DTD on the 23rd (although I'm certain I o'ed near midnight of the 22nd)... and it came back for like 5 days... then completely stopped. 9DPO, took a test and positive!

Nicole, your story has given me some hope :D did you know you were ovulating (I mean did you use opk's)?

Nicole, your story has given me some hope :D did you know you were ovulating (I mean did you use opk's)?

Yes! :) I was visiting my parents and came back down to my home for Thanksgiving. Positive OPK the day before travel and the day of. I was like 3 hours away from home when I felt ovulation. As soon as I got home, we DTD (like 1am type of thing)... and later that day. 9DPO, BFP! And so far, this baby has lasted longer than my last 3 pregnancies!

I see it this way... your uterus and ovaries work together but not necessarily have to be in sync with each other. So it is very possible to bleed and ovulate!

:hugs:

ooo interesting info - how far were you gone when you suffered your loss? so sorry to hear of it but least you have another bun in the oven :)

This is very interesting! I only bled a few days, and have not been using opks, so I have no idea when I am going to get my period.

I fell pregnant a week or 2 after my mc in sept 11. I bled for around 4-5 days and then me and hubby started to have sex again. I couldn't believe i got pregnant so quick but i was over the moon! I am now 14 + 4 and everything seems to be going well. I couldnt relax until 12 week scan though and i refused to look at the screen until they confirmed there was a heartbeat. Best of luck to you. X

Yay to your story Monkie, I hope I'm as lucky as you and don't have to spend too long grieving my cupcake, xxxxx

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I've had 4 m/c's. my first pregnancy i found out i was pregnant in the morning then lost it that night. I got pregnant within about 3weeks. Not having sex while bleeding either. But the dr says you're more fertile after pregnancy or a m/c in most of our cases. Then with precaution & my husband going to Iraq I didn't get pregnant again for about a year and half. But my last m/c was Aug 1st and then I got pregnant again with a month...right now is the longest we gotten. 14 weeks & a couple days today. We are scared and have had out doubts but we pray everyday that its going to happen for us this time. You just never know I suppose.
I do wish you all the best and just wanted to share my experience after reading your story.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I've had 4 m/c's. my first pregnancy i found out i was pregnant in the morning then lost it that night. I got pregnant within about 3weeks. Not having sex while bleeding either. But the dr says you're more fertile after pregnancy or a m/c in most of our cases. Then with precaution & my husband going to Iraq I didn't get pregnant again for about a year and half. But my last m/c was Aug 1st and then I got pregnant again with a month...right now is the longest we gotten. 14 weeks & a couple days today. We are scared and have had out doubts but we pray everyday that its going to happen for us this time. You just never know I suppose.
I do wish you all the best and just wanted to share my experience after reading your story.

Thanks, you have given me hope. I am dealing with secondary infertility. I had 3 pregnancies carry to full term, and then all of a sudden I just started miscarrying. We arent going to give up, especially since the doctors cant find a reason why this is happening, other than "bad luck"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->