Pregnant 9 months after c section, anyone else?

honeysuede

Reaction score
My 2nd is just over 9 months old and i am expecting again which i am over the moon about :) i had to have an emergency c section with him which healed well but i was wondering if anyone else is pregnant less than a year after a c section? Should i worry? Xx

I'm not this time but I was pregnant 10 months after my first son(emergency C) and everything went smoothly. Don't seem to remember any pain on the scar. Now I'm expecting to have my 3rd c section in the last 5 years. lol

Thanks! Wow 3rd in 5 years! I take it they cut either underneath or on top of the ild scar? Xx

Not sure about the cutting, heard previously that some surgeons will take the scar tissue from other c-sec scars and make a nice new tidy one. You could ask at your next appointment. I am pregnant, DD 10months old when I had my FET and got my BFP :)

I got pregnant with DS 9 months after DD's emergency C-section.

My case is a rarity, but my external scar did get inflamed, and started weeping and oozing a bit at around 24-25 weeks. My OB chalked it up to a really lumpy scar from the EMCS, and said she would cut out the old scar and completely redo it with the second section. She did a great job.

I also developed polyhydramnios at about 30 weeks with DS, and that caused me to contract constantly (nonproductively) from 34 weeks until I delivered at 38. I ended up delivering early because she was concerned about me having been contracting so long on my internal scar, that it might be compromised. The pain was pretty unbearable there at the end. When she did the operation and got down to the uterine scar, she said it had actually held together really well-virtually no thinning, and it wasn't compromised in any way.

So really, it was just the external scar that was having problems.

Thanks for the replies! I guess I will find out more at my booking appointment, I would like a natural birth but I have a feeling they will recommend a booked c section although ds2 came a week early so I am not sure when they would schedule it for xx

Me! I'm going to try for a natural birth too unless I need to be induced in which case I'll just go for a csection.
I think I remember you from the march-mallows group?
Congratulations!

Me! I'm going to try for a natural birth too unless I need to be induced in which case I'll just go for a csection.
I think I remember you from the march-mallows group?
Congratulations!

I deffo recognise your name! Congrats to you too! Exciting isn't it xx

So exciting. Seems like just last week we were starting off in the March mallows group at this stage and now we have 9 month olds and are doing it all again! We must be crazy 😂 2 under 18 months is going to be interesting 😮

So exciting. Seems like just last week we were starting off in the March mallows group at this stage and now we have 9 month olds and are doing it all again! We must be crazy 😂 2 under 18 months is going to be interesting 😮
Yes we must be mad:haha: I love it though! my sis just told me I am mental for starting and ending the year pregnant:haha:
My march mallow was moved forward DD wise to 28th Feb then came a week early on 21st so he is almost 10 months now.
I started a group if you fancy joining:thumbup: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...early-august-summer-bundles.html#post36624691

So was mine until the 27th! He came 8 days late though, little tinker. If this one is the same ill probably have a September baby as I'm due at the end of August.

I know what you mean! This will be my 3rd christmas and birthday being pregnant 😂 I've told my OH that next year he's seeing to the kids and I'm going to drink alllll the wine.

So was mine until the 27th! He came 8 days late though, little tinker. If this one is the same ill probably have a September baby as I'm due at the end of August.

I know what you mean! This will be my 3rd christmas and birthday being pregnant 😂 I've told my OH that next year he's seeing to the kids and I'm going to drink alllll the wine.

This really made me gigle:haha: I told my husband the exact same thing! I said next xmas / new year don't expect much from me as I will be catching up on the last 2 years drinks.
So worth it though. And thinking about it, it is imposiible to get merry xmas day anyway what with all the food bloating you out and making you sleepy. Will give it my best shot next year though!:thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->