Pregnant after 2 losses and scared.

The first one was in March last year and was a blighted ovum. I had had positive pregnancy tests but they were taking ages getting darker (very light at 15 days p.o. which is unusual for me), so I thought it would end up as a chemical pregnancy. The pregnancy continued up until 7 weeks when I started spotting (I had lost symptoms about a week before that). When they scanned me, they found the pregnancy sac which had grown but no foetus or yolk sac. They could tell from the shape of the sac (very misshapen) that my body had finally recognized things had ended. The miscarriage naturally completed at home about a few days later and was pretty straightforward. I had come to terms with it because I had had a feeling from the start that things weren't right. No explanation given, just 'One of those things.'

My second miscarriage happened in July as I was 9 weeks. I had had a bit of bleeding at 7 weeks, was scanned and saw the baby and was told a strong heartbeat. The weekend before I turned 9 weeks, I lost symptoms and had a touch of spotting. I was scanned on the Tuesday and was told there was no heartbeat and the baby had stopped growing around 8 weeks and 2 days. I had medical management (the suppository) in hospital, I was much more upset that time. Again, no real explanation given - I was told two in a row is fairly common.

I do think age maybe played a bit of a part as I was 36 and a half at the time (am now 37) and you have a higher amount of non viable eggs than the young 'uns but at that age you still have quite a good chance of eventually catching a good one.

We waited till October to try again to give me time to heal (more emotionally than physically), to pluck up the courage. We were very lucky and fell pregnant first try. I was very nervous about it and did not allow myself to get too excited in the first trimester and I decided against getting extra scans and hcg blood draws as they made no difference to the outcome in July. I decided that what would be would be. Luckily my symptoms remained string throughout the first trimester and hearing the baby's heartbeat at 10 weeks on my doppler was amazing. I was still nervous up till the 13 week scan which was great, seeing the baby kick and stretch was amazing. I still feel nervous at times, which if you have experienced loss I think you do to some extent the whole pregnancy. Before my eldest son was born I had a chemical pregnancy and I don't think I really relaxed the whole pregnancy, I was always googling something medical on the internet and worrying myself! It did get a bit better the last 16 weeks though.

That's my 'journey' story!!!! Sorry for the long winded ramblings.

How are you doing?

Hello ladies,

Poppy, thank you for sharing your story!! I'm sorry for your losses, but it's also nice to know I'm not alone with my 2 mcs in a row. I'm 12 weeks 4 days today and I still worry all the time that something bad is going to happen and we'll lose this little one we've seen wiggling around in there and that has a strong hb.

Chrissi, that's exactly how I felt in the earlier weeks. I had off and on cramping and actually a couple spells of pretty intense cramping that scared me to death. I had mild nausea on and off and nothing sounded or tasted good. I actually lost about 5lbs early on and I've only gained about 3 back!! All your symptoms are great signs!!

Since I found out so early too it felt like I was in early pregnancy forever too. It still feels like I've been pregnant forever!! Hahaha!! I'm glad I found out early, but also wish I didn't in a way because I wouldn't have known for so long!! LOL!!

hahaha, wait until third tri, then it'll REALLY feel like forever... Ive been pregnant since July.. Cannot wait for this baby to be born!!!!!

swampmaiden, I can imagine!! I was joking around with my aunt the other day that because I found out at 9dpo I'm sure I've been pregnant for months already!! Hahahaha!!

you have! 12 weeks is such a reassuring milestone too... This is my rainbow baby and seriously I still have that fear of loss in the back of my mind even though Im now technically full term! baby is kicking under my stomach even as we speak. Hope your second tri treats you well... second tri good feelings actually last until about midway into 3rd tri before things start getting really uncomfortable but all worth it! and despite all my losses, this pregnancy has been such a smooth easy pregnancy, and Im hoping labor will be the same.
Wont be too long now before you start feeling movement... I started feeling kicks since about 19 weeks, and thats with an anterior placenta

swampmaiden, I cannot wait to start feeling movement!! That will be amazing for me. Congrats on almost being there!!! When is your official due date?

Yay not long till your in 2nd trimester :)
I can not wait for that day. Still having a lack of symptoms,I saw my doctor and she's lovely,I poured my heart out and she's got me another scan for 10th March. I'm also having more bloods done this week. I pray little jelly baby is still ok :( I feel too good to be in early pregnancy

Stacey, I have a good friend that literally felt awesome with both of her pregnancies!! Some women seriously feel great during pregnancy. Or your symptoms just haven't kicked in yet. Another one of my friends felt decent and then at 10 weeks she started puking. So it's different for everyone. Let me know how your appointment goes.

Well mondays hcg came back at 132,196
My last hcg was on 11th feb and that was 18450...so should my levels not be higher? 19days later and its not even doubled i know when numbers get so high and pregnancy gets to a certain stage things can take alot longer but i still do not have a good feeling.
Now all im thinking is what if my levels are dropping!!

So i rang my doctor freaking out.
They said my levels are fine
A. Because they were so high anyway they take longer,mine have doubled nearly 3 times since my last draw 19days ago.
B. I had my bloods done after 8 weeks which is not reliable as hcg can peak at 8 weeks and pretty much stop rising.

Pheww feel abit more relieved but defiantly will relax once iv had my scan :)

I'm glad you called, but that is exactly what I would have told you. Your levels were so high at that point they're not going to double like the would earlier in pregnancy. I had my levels checked early on and the first one was 802 and less than 3 days later it was only 1250. So they didn't double and I was freaking out. Well here I am 13 1/2 weeks pregnant. So it varies for everyone for sure and they don't always double. My doctor told me they just like to see a consistant rise.

Had my 2nd scan, all is great!! I'm actually measuring 3 days in front so I'm now 10 weeks. :) :)

https://i60.tinypic.com/2uyrjbq.jpg

OHHHH!!! Hi beautiful baby!!! Stacey, it looks great!!! Is your placenta at the very top and that's the cord going up? Such a great picture!!

I actually took the pic on a different angle so if you tip the picture anticlock wise baby is lying upside down and cord is going across :)

Oh gotcha!! My baby was upside down at my last scan too!! LOL!!

Awh look at you at 17 weeks now,seems to be flying by now :)
How have you been?
Iv just had another scan, measuring 13+2 now :) but they ain't changed my due date, so confused on that one lol just booked my early gender scan for 1st may

https://i57.tinypic.com/14aa8ur.jpg

Aww...Stacey your scan pic is awesome!!!! I'm going to guess it's a girl...just for fun. LOL!! I am doing good. Just got my results back this morning for my quad screen and my blood clotting levels. The quad screen came back looking normal and my blood clotting levels haven't changed. So that's great news!! I'm so relieved. I was really scared. I have my next check up on April 16th and then I will get set up for my gender/anatomy scan when I'm 22 weeks. So I have like a 5 week wait still!!!! My doctor waits until then so there's no question. I'm so glad things are going well for you. Your baby looks beautiful!!!

Really hehe based on the nub theory iv had 10 people say boy and 2 say girl lol.
Awwwh thats brilliant news :) i bet you have a nice little bump now.
I dont know if im showing quick or just really bloated!!
Awwh mines a private scan booked at the 4d place so if i didn't book that i would be waiting until 22 weeks aswell for my normal routine scan.
Got a consultant appoitment on 12th may because of some treatment i had on my cervix for an abnormal smear test but i only had a tiny bit took away and iv only had it done once so i just think its just they have to check to be on the safe side.

Stacey, when I was around where you're at I felt bloated and my pants were fitting tighter and then it started to look more round like a pregnant belly verses me looking like I just ate a big lunch. LOL!! I thought about doing an earlier ultrasound, but my husband said to be patient. So I'm trying. :growlmad: I'm so excited to find out though!!

Half way through your pregnancy :)
How have you been?
I got my blood results yesterday from my booking appointment and i have O positive blood but with anti M bodies. Everyone seems really surprised because its rare to have anti bodies with a positive blood group.
My levels were extremely low though so they are not too concerned. I was 0.something and OH had to have his blood took. Thats it now wont see MW again till 28 weeks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->