Pregnant after Caesarian - pains?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by DragonMummy, Jan 25, 2011.

1. DragonMummy

DragonMummy Well-Known Member

Hi there

i have been in hospital today as i have been getting sharp stabbing pains in what I think is the scar tissue in my uterus. My section was a bit unusual as I had a horizontal/transverse incision on the outside but had a vertical/classic incision on my womb so I am just guessing as to where the scar actually is. The consultant was very reassuring and said it was just where the scar goes across my ligaments. As they stretch there is a pull on the scar tissue which makes the normal stretching pains seem more sharp and sore.

Fair enough.

But why don't I feel reassured? Has anybody else felt these pains? Like a sporadic needling or stabbing pain at the bottom of my uterus just above the bikini line.

2. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

I had this during the middle to later part of my pregnancy with baby #2.
    It felt like a knife being twisted in my old scar!

Hope you feel better soon x

3. DragonMummy

DragonMummy Well-Known Member

oooh thank you - did you have it the whole way through? am just so terrified of a rupture. I know I'm being daft as my DS is 4 and a half but I just can't stop panicking....

4. 2ndontheway

2ndontheway Well-Known Member

I've been having this off and on--was actually thinking about posting something about it myself. It's been pretty minor so far, but it makes me nervous too! I googled :blush: and I guess it's somewhat normal.