Pregnant after ectopic pregnancy?

carmela88

Mummy 2 princess+ttc#2
Reaction score
Hi there,
I used to use this forum regularly when i was ttc. I had IVF treatment in 2014 which was succesful amd now have a 2 amd a half year old boy 😄

I now find my way back here after finding out I am pregnant, which is a complete and utter shock. The problem is I have 1 damaged fallopian tube, the other was taken out when i had an ectopic pregnancy in 2012. I would love some stories from you guys. Good and bad ones. I have prepared myself for the worst but is there any hope?

I am currently 5 weeks so still have a week to go before i can have a scan to find out. Only symptom I am experiencing is period like cramping.

Thanks ladies :flower:

Yes, it is possible.

I have both tubes intact but had a tubal ectopic in 2014 and my daughter was born in 2015. I was treated with methotrexate rather than surgery, but my right tube is now damaged as a result. I ovulated from the damaged tube side when I conceived dd, they think.

Call early pregnancy unit for a scan. They wants to scan me weekly from 5-12 weeks (a mix of a history of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage)

My dd is perfectly healthy even though my treatment works by stripping the body of folic acid. She was a surprise pregnancy after 5 months, you are supposed to wait 6.

Yes, it is possible.

I have both tubes intact but had a tubal ectopic in 2014 and my daughter was born in 2015. I was treated with methotrexate rather than surgery, but my right tube is now damaged as a result. I ovulated from the damaged tube side when I conceived dd, they think.

Call early pregnancy unit for a scan. They wants to scan me weekly from 5-12 weeks (a mix of a history of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage)

My dd is perfectly healthy even though my treatment works by stripping the body of folic acid. She was a surprise pregnancy after 5 months, you are supposed to wait 6.

Hi, thanks for replying!
That’s amazing how did they know which side you ovulated from?
I’m not booked in for a scan till the 12th of January so looks like I may book a private scan.
I have started to have brown discharge which I’m guessing is old blood and the cramping hasn’t stopped and feels a little worse. I feel like I could miscarry so will wait a few days before booking a scan.

I had an ectopic with my very first pregnancy back in 2014. I then conceived my son about 6 months later in 2015. They luckily caught my ectopic super early (around 7 weeks) so I didn't have any damage but I obviously got pregnant again fairly quickly. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"