Pregnant after mmc

SpringCrane

Reaction score
Anyone else pregnant after a mmc last time? I had a scan yesterday, strong heartbeat and measuring a few days ahead. I want to be relieved but I don't know when I'll stop feeling like things are going to go wrong again.

Last time my first scan showed strong heartbeat but baby measured quite a bit behind and I was sure of my dates and had a really early BFP (so late ovulation or implantation didn't make sense). At least this time there are no red flags.

My husband refuses to talk names, etc until our next scan at 11 weeks.

My OB offered reassurance scans each week but I know there's nothing they can do and I hate paying stupid copays, so I declined. My mom is a sonographer and can do the scans for free but she found the no heartbeat last time and that was pretty traumatizing.

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. Reassured with a good scan but still worried :-/

In the same boat. had a mmc before my son and just had another this year. I am 8 +6 today and already had a scan at 6+5 with a HB f 127. going in again today for another scan that I requested. Hoping everything will be okay and that I can relax for a few weeks after this!

I am as well had my mmc in December although had prolonged bleeding and ended up having dc at end of February. So scared just wNt first tri to be done... I am only 5 +6 feels like time is going slow

Just had my ultrasound...measuring a day ahead at 9 weeks and a strong heart rate of 180!!!

Woohoo Stevie :happydance:

I had a mmc in June with d&c July 2nd. I got my surprise bfp about a week ago. I'm not sure how far I am but doc thinks around 5 weeks. I don't go in for my first scan until Sept 1st. I'm a total wreck. No symptoms, had a moment of spotting earlier, etc. I can't help but feel all doom and gloom. I had 4 years infertility so I don't think staying pregnant will be easy.

Thanks everyone for sharing their stories. It helps to feel less alone during what feels like an endless wait before knowing if we get to keep this baby. It's so hard fighting the urge to get attached to the idea.

Hi Spring - similar situation here. MMC in December with D&C and now pregnant again. First ultrasound is Aug 31 when I will be 6+2.

Stevie - great news on your scan!

I'm totally in your shoes, even though my MMC was in 2013, and I had a successful pregnancy after that with my daughter. I'm pregnant again, 7 weeks along, and you know what? it's not any easier as I'm still haunted by my MMC, it makes it very difficult to enjoy the early part of any other pregnancy after you suffer through one of those. It's very anxiety producing...

The best thing I can recommend is just find ways to distract yourself and stay busy. Try not to think about what can go wrong too much...after all the statistics and odds are on your side that you'll have a successful pregnancy this time around. :)

I was just about to start a thread when I saw this. My only 2 pregnancies ended in mmc last year. Now pregnant with my 3rd. Had a scan Monday at 6+3 and measured 6+2 with a HB 120. And I was soooo relieved as both our other pregnancies we found only a low HB and delayed growth at the first scan.
So I was content and relieved until the last 2 days. Now worried sick my baby will be gone by my next scan next Wednesday 😓

It's so stressful. We can't even trust our bodies, scans are the only reassurance. Still waiting for mine, 1 more week to go... Urgg and this am my breasts aren't as tender, just over think every detail.

I have had 3 mmc and am now 28 weeks with my rainbow. The first trimester was hard and felt like forever compared to the second. I did have extra scans for reassurance as there were times I was convinced things had gone wrong. I also own a doppler that I started using around 9-10 weeks (I know that this isn't for everyone as they can cause more worry but for me was a necessity).
Congrats on your pregnancy!!

Fx everything is still great st your next scan Sophie :hugs:

The first trimester after a loss is excruciating. I keep flipping out over everything and I've been having nightmares about miscarriages. I have 10 more days until my first scan. Idk how I'm going last.

It's so stressful. We can't even trust our bodies, scans are the only reassurance. Still waiting for mine, 1 more week to go... Urgg and this am my breasts aren't as tender, just over think every detail.

I lost my breast tenderness last weekend and flipped out thinking something was wrong. But everythg was fine at my 1st scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->