• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Pregnant After TTC for 10 years

VanderBaby

Reaction score
So long story short I have to kiddies 11 and 14 and then got thyroid cancer and developed PCOS and couldn't seem to get pregnant after that. Well after making some changes about 2 years ago, I finally got my first BFP!

I'm so happy, my last cycle was 151 days long and then finally had a cycle on December 27. (I am so irregular). We only DTD Jan 1 and 2 and that was it. My cycle ended on Dec 30/31 <-----just spotting on the 31. I had a typical cycle in terms of flow and length.

So my boobs started hurting pretty badly so I took a test (well a few lol) on Jan 19. My cheapie was there but faint. My FRER came up right away. The Clear Blue Digital showed "1-2".

Wednesday Jan 21 I had bloods done and HCG was 726. Had pelvic and trans vag ultra sound which showed nothing.

Friday 23 went back and HCG more than doubled to 1641 at 41 hours later. Took another Clear Blue Digital and it now 2 days later said "2-3". My progesterone was taken as well and is 46.

Sunday I took yet another Clear Blue Digital as I was worried about my boobs hurting much less and it said "3+".

Still taking tests like a mad woman and the lines are dark now. My FRER test line is darker than the control line.

So as of Sunday I've gone from "1-2" to "3+" on my Clear Blue Digitals and my lines are for sure darker on my tests, all in a matter of 5 days time......but my boobs are hardly sore at all now, and my cramping is just slightly there still. I am not tired or anything? No cravings, etc. No morning sickness.

The MOST pregnant I could be is 5 weeks 2 days I think.....maybe 5 weeks 3 days.

Why would my symptoms be less and my tests be darker? Sorry if I sound like a fool, it's been so long and I remember finding out at 6 weeks with my girls and I was tired, dizzy and sick as a dog then! I know I am not 6 weeks yet, but I am so nervous.

Sorry for the long post!

As your body gets used to the hormones, symptoms may come and go. As long as beta is going up try not to worry about it! Congrats!!

I go in again on Wednesday for another for another HCG - but I can't seem to relax. Deep breaths, deep breaths.
From what I read my progesterone seems good? Right?

Yes I believe it's totally fine. I forget the exact number they want it around but I've heard of women going full term with only a progesterone level of 10. Try to breathe!

Awesome, thank you....I want to enjoy this after so long!

Aw massive Congratulations! !!!!! Xxx my symptoms come and go every day .... last week my tummy is huge with bloat but sickness is holding off thank god ... I expect it will kick in for us both in the next couple of weeks :) ... my boobs were more painful before my positive test strangely they airnt too bad now either xxxxx

Congrats you BFP!! My pregnancy symptoms would come and go between 4-6 weeks. But right at 6 weeks I got crazy MS/fatigue and it has not let up. I think as your hormones keeping rising your symptoms will get stronger.

Thanks ladies! Yes my boobs hurt WAY more before I got the BFP!
It's odd to say I want the sickness haha, but I need that reassurance!

I didn't have any morning sickness at all. Just occasional nausea that passed pretty quick. Week 5 I want to say was the best for me. Then exhaustion kicked in big time!!! It's still my best friend that doesn't leave my side. Headaches kicked in week 10. My boobs were on and off tender then got better and now are badly sore again... It all comes and goes as it pleases...

congratulations on your :bfp:

I know it hard but try not to worry so much. With my first pregnancy I didnt find out until i was almost 6 weeks & the symptoms kicked in not long after.

With my second pregnancy I found out the day i missed my period & i didnt have any symptoms at all, in fact i felt great & thought that I was going to escape the dreaded first tri sickness. I got to just over 6 weeks & boom, it hit me like a train, full on morning sickness that lased all day & fatigue that lasted until 20 weeks.

your clear blue digi tests have increased, your progesterone levels are increasing, it all sounds good.

CONGRATS! With PCOS please have them check your progesterone levels a couple times. If it drops or is below whay it should be, ask for progesterone supplements. Insist. Beg. Demand.

I guess my BFP after 10 years may not end well.....

I just went to the bathroom and wiped and there was brown. I had a strong test line this morning......I'm heartbroken. I am 5 weeks along.

Spotting brown at 5 weeks could very well be implantation bleeding still. FX for you! :hugs:

I just went to the bathroom and wiped and there was brown. I had a strong test line this morning......I'm heartbroken. I am 5 weeks along.

How are you feeling now ? Xxxx

How are you feeling now ? Xxxx

Last night about 1am I woke up and peed and had the worst stabbing slicing pains in my tummy and my lower back. It hurt so bad for about 10 mins and then it went away. Otherwise everything is fine today =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"