Pregnant again so soon!!!

cfenn

mum to Theo & a bubble :)
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!
I have just found out this week that i am pregnant again. I already have the most beautiful baby boy called Theo who is 9 1/2 months old (born July 08).

I am very excited about being pregnant again - i can't even stress just how much i enjoyed my first pregnancy - i just loved every second of it and adore being a mum. However, I am very very nervous and apprehensive about being pregnant again with Theo still so young. He will be around 18 months old when the next one arrives in Dec. The hard work of having 2 little ones I can handle, more than anything I'm feeling guilty that Theo might miss out on things because the new baby will be so time consuming.

I am very happy, just very scared!!
Just wondering if anyone else is in or has been in a similar position???
Any advice gladly received!!!!! xxx

Hiya,

I got pregnant with my second child when my first was 7 months and he was 15 months when she born. I would just say try to involve Theo as much as you can towards the end of the pregnancy as he will be that bit older, and when new baby is here. I dont think my little boy missed out on anything, but did worry about that at the time too. I have to say Morgan is almost five now, and Naomi-Mae is four in July and they have an amazing relationship, I have never known siblings who arent twins to be so close. Hope that helps, and congratulations x

Hi Tasha

Thanks for that!! its reassuring to know other people have managed!!

That is one of the big positives tht im looking forward to - the fact that they will be so close together means they will be very close as siblings! also im hoping that as Theo will still be quite young he ill readjust quite easily to there being another little one about. He's very clingy at the minute and a real 'mummys boy' so im hoping we wont experience too many problems there!!

With your little ones did you find that your little boy understood what was happening towards the end of your pregnancy? xx

I think he will adapt very easily, it won't take very long for Theo not to remember a time when new baby wasn't there.

Yes Morgan did know, babies and toddlers are brighter and more aware than we give them credit for, he use to feel Naomi-Mae kick and also lay with his head on my bump listening.

Sounds like you have the EXACT same age gap as my two girls, and they are very close. Its nice that they both have a little playmate, also neither of them lose out as we are always doing this together. I found it nice to get Lili to help a little when Isabelle was a newborn by getting her to fetch a fresh nappy or holding her. My girls are very close and i felt the same as you whilst pregnant with Isabelle. But, dont because you'll still love them both the same and you'll wonder why you were worried to begin with.
Congratulations :)

SNAP lol

My son will be six months at the end of the month and Im 8 weeks pregnant lol

Its gonna be hard! but well worth it!!

thanks guys!!!!

you really cant imagine how reassuring it is to hear that you guys have had a similar experience!! slowly the excitement is overtaking the nervousness!!!

though i still have to tell my mum that she'll be babysitting two!! :-S xxx

Hi! I also had a Theo born in July. Great name. :) I am also 5 months pregnant! I know it is going to be hard but there are so many positives. Sure you will be fine.

Congrats Anna1982 too!

Small world emmajane!! hope your Theo brings you as much happiness as mine! congrats on your pregnancy - 5 months already???? you managed it again very quick!! :) xx

Well it wasn't me but:

My little sister was born when I was just under 11 months old - she was late aswell so mum must have got pregnant about 5-6 weeks after I was born :) If my sis had been born a couple more days earlier we would have even been in the same school year :rofl:

Mum always says to us - if ever anyone tells you that you can't get pregnant whilst bf - ignore them as it's a lie :)

Mum said it was the best thing she ever did as me and my little sis have been inseparable and always looked after each other right from the start. There were 5 of us kids in total but me and my sis have always been super close :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->