Pregnant again so soon????

JViti

*Autism Mommy*
Reaction score
OK so a little background. I had my first child at 18, a boy. When he was 3, i started trying for baby #2. After a year, I was diagnosed with PCOS and blocked tubes. Since then, I had 5 clomid cycles, an IUI, 2 IVFs, and a miscarriage. The 2nd IVF resulted in my baby born on April 14, 2015. He is now 11 weeks old.

I bled after my c-section for 6 weeks. A few days later I started bleeding again, which to me was either my period (doubtful tho since I havent had a natural period in over 5 years), or continued birth bleeding. It lasted 5-6 days. DH and I did our thing a few times, without protection since I'm infertile and was told that IVF was the only way I would ever get pregnant. So, since I dont get my period naturally, I have to take provera every month to get it. Before I can take the provera, I have to take a pregnancy test to make sure Im not pregnant because it is very harmful to a fetus.

I take the pregnancy test, knowing it would be negative...except it wasnt...

I took 2 FRER, then a CB digital with weeks estimator. It said Pregnant 1-2 weeks.

Could this be leftover HCG...at 11 weeks postpartum? Or am I seriously pregnant again...so soon...and being told that I would never conceive naturally??

Oh wow I don't know anything technical about this but I do know a couple who couldn't conceive naturally and like you had years of help to have their son. And they fell pregnant thinking they didn't need to use anything - apparently you are your most fertile after birth so it could be. Hopefully someone can provide some advice but I hope the doctor can help too x

I'd just go to your doctor, this must be very scary for you and the only way you will know for sure is through a medical professional. Even though you may not want a baby so soon it must be nice knowing hat maybe you can conceive naturally :)

I had a positive test 9 weeks post partem and it was in fact left over hcg from the pregnancy. That being said, I would call ob!

It could be either. I think it's late to have leftover hCG, but what you describe doesn't sound like a pp period, more like a pause then continued lochia, only because it was so close to your pp bleeding and it is possible to stop bleeding and then start again with lochia. Are you breastfeeding? If you're breastfeeding I would say it's unlikely to have been your period. If you're not, then it's more likely that it was.

I'd call your doctor so they can do a few blood tests to find out what's going on! It is very possible to get pregnant so soon after having a baby. How would you feel if you were pregnant again? I hope you're okay and get the result you want.

i do not breastfeed. My OB cant see me until July 20th, so Im gunna try to see my PCP tomorrow for a blood test.

Its a true miracle and I'm happy. But I'm scared. Its a bad time right now, but I am happy.

id test again in a week with another digi and see if weeks increase... if they do then its obviously not residual hcg. good luck xx

I took a test about 8 weeks pp and it was stark white negative.
Could well be! They say you're more fetile after a baby. I'd probably keep on testing and see if the line gets darker.
Good luck!

A friend of mine feel pregnant 4 after her ds with twins lol. Good luck x

I had hcg up to 14 weekks of giving birth...its not the norm, but it can happen :)

i do not breastfeed. My OB cant see me until July 20th, so Im gunna try to see my PCP tomorrow for a blood test.

Its a true miracle and I'm happy. But I'm scared. Its a bad time right now, but I am happy.

It's likely then that this is the real deal! Fingers crossed for you! I can't imagine how you're feeling!

Breastfeeding delays return of periods, but as you aren't breastfeeding and by now hCG should probably have left your system after your last pregnancy, it's looking likely that you are!

I'd say sounds like a new pg, congrats! I've heard of women finding out they were pg at their 6 week appt so definitely possible.

I got pregnant again when DD1 was just 3 months old so totally possible!! I had a very smooth pregnancy and a healthy little Sister for DD1😉

I have no idea, but your story is very interesting let us know how everything turns out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->