Pregnant and greiving for my dad

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by laneylaney, Oct 8, 2013.

1. laneylaney

laneylaney Active Member

Im ten weeks pregnant and my dad passed away 3 weeks ago:nope:

I have a 8 month old and a 6 month old who keep me busy during the day and when evening comes I try to be alone with my thoughts.

I find that Im angry with everyone that ever did something wrong to me -almost obsessive angry thoughts- and this is the part I cant understand. After this I find myself thinking of dad (who I was really close to and cared for his last few months) and I sob myself to sleep.

Has anyone been through this.Is this normal for greif or are my pregnancy hormones making me crazy??

Elaine

2. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

obsessive thoughts often accompany depression and anxiety and you might have a little of both as a reaction to your dad's passing. I am sorry for your loss, if time does not help to make these feelings easier to manage, then maybe its a good idea to see a therapist who can help you work out these feelings or manage them. x

3. bubblebelly

bubblebelly A + J + little pea

I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your dad..
    I hope you'll be okay..
    I can't imagine how stressed out you must be looking after your babies and being pregnant on top of that..
    all I can say is the hormones would be making everything so much crazier and magnifying every emotion, but that's not to say you shouldn't express your grief..
    I hope you have someone to lean on at this time, and support around you to help you when you need it..
    big hugs!
    xx

4. overcomer79

overcomer79 LT-TTC success 3.5yrs

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in June and immediately fell pregnant. The month of his birthday (july) was very hard because all I could think of was how he wasn't here to celebrate my daughter's birthday (also july). It's hard knowing he has a grandchild that he never met and that never met him. The only thing that gets me through the pain is I feel like this child was sent to help ease the pain. He was diagnosed with cancer and it took him very quick. I felt like I haven't had a chance to grieve between being strong for my mom and tending to my kids at home. It's been hard on me.

5. mecia

mecia Well-Known Member

I lost my dad last year, I wasn't pregnant but those first few weeks even months after loosing him I was an emotional train wreck, and lashed out at everyone for anything. I can't imagine adding pregnancy hormones too it.

It's not an easy time, but know time does help... just try and think about happy times, and your baby. Know your dad is watching over you <3 I wish you lots of luck and healing <3

6. laneylaney

laneylaney Active Member

A therapist sounds like a good idea:)

7. laneylaney

laneylaney Active Member

I know what you mean by not having the time to grieve. Its lift I feel like taking a week off everything to sit and think and cry -but if only i had the time
    but its a cruel fact of life - that life must go on-no materr what happens.
    I hope you get your 'me time' xx

8. laneylaney

laneylaney Active Member

I know what you mean by not having the time to grieve. Its lift I feel like taking a week off everything to sit and think and cry -but if only i had the time
    but its a cruel fact of life - that life must go on-no materr what happens.
    I hope you get your 'me time' xx