pregnant and in limbo land to see if baby grows or MC support

At my scan they measured 6w5d, but based on my LMP I was 8w1d. But I know the date of conception as I was temping and recording everything and it was exactly 6w5d since the scan date. I've had no bleeding or cramping so far. Also, my HCG levels were accurate for my dating.
I have hope one minute, then doubt the next. The Nurse practitioner and my OB told me to ignore the 8 weeks, and that based on the 6.5 weeks since conception things all look well.

But I'm doubtful....can you really just take 2 weeks off of your dating?

yep happened me on my daughter and OMG I was a mess I was sure I would lose her I was sure it was a repeat of my first MC , they did not check Betas ( I did ask) so had to wait 2 weeks for a repeat scan and saw a very healthy baby nearly back up to my dates by 12 weeks she was bang on with my dates so I never moved my DD

sometimes I think even at that tiny stage babies grow at different rates also it does depend on the position baby could curl up and that would effect measurement, that happened me on my last baby I went in with spotting and scan showed baby about a week behind and an empty sac I had more bleeding and was seeing my team in the hospital and he sent me for another scan to check sac was gone and baby still ok! that would have been 4 days later and when she measured baby was measuring less than previous scan! again I was so scared, but I noticed that when she zoomed in baby was all curled up, when I asked her could that effect measurements she said yes it would! when I compared scan pics you could clearly see he was all curled up! the funny thing is at my dating scan they moved my DD back as he was measuring a week bigger exactly when I think I ovulated which was early that month!
so it is possible a good friend baby measured 2 weeks smaller as well he is a fine healthy lad now
so hope your baby is busy doing important stuff and was just taking his or her time to grow :) :flower:

So sorry for your losses, thinking of ya's, & Fingers crossed you all get your super sticky beans real soon xXx

Thank you Celtic for the encouragement. Baby didn't have a heartbeat, but they said if it implanted late, or is only 6w5d that could be normal. This limbo week is torture though, it's making me very anxious.
No bleeding, but I've had light pink/cream tinged cm on and off, although I've heard that's normal so it doesn't concern me too much.

p.s. just saw your status is "Sad". I'm sending you hugs :((((

I started feeling a very very minor pain or cramp on my left side yesterday and no spotting all day. Went home and couldn't relax so I stuck a tampon up there (just a little) and saw very light pink mucus and freaked out. My morning sickness that was non stop also stopped majority 2 days ago so I was even more fearful. I am 9w1d and at 8w3d had a very good ultrasound with strong heartbeat. Last night I took my sea bands off (hoping MS would come back) and so far I feel a tiny bit nauseous today. Called the doc to tell them about the light pink spotting (that technically never even toilet paper til I stuck something up there) and the doc asked if we had intercourse recently and we had yesterday morning (saw spotting last night) and said it was probably that. trying to stay positive it's that but am kinda scared. I still feel super minor discomfort down there and don't even think it's enough to call a cramp but I'm keeping a close eye out and hoping for the best. Hoping all end in good news for us all! It's no fun not knowing!!

Celtic - -did you see the HB for your dd?

Yes I did Sunshine but I still have hope for you yet! :hugs: try not to let that worry you, I know of many who saw baby no heart beat and a week later there is

have you looked at misdiagnosed miscarriage I read many in similar that see great out comes at the next scan :hugs:

Abbey08 at this point its normal for ms to ease off instead of having 1 good day out of 3 you will start to have 2 good days at 9 weeks the placenta starts to take over looking after baby as well and that can help with MS although it can come back with a bang at 10 weeks before fully going
also your cervix can be super sensitive so your doc is right about sex can cause that to happen

I keep an eye out and if your really worried go in and get a scan because worrying would not be good for your or baby :hugs:

I am glad you are feeling hopeful now Celtic. You should! :)

Thanks for the encouragement again about the hb. THat's my biggest worry, but you're right I have heard of many who haven't seen it that early.

I did look at that website! So scary isn't it?! But definitely informative!

Celtic - -did you see the HB for your dd?

Yes I did Sunshine but I still have hope for you yet! :hugs: try not to let that worry you, I know of many who saw baby no heart beat and a week later there is

have you looked at misdiagnosed miscarriage I read many in similar that see great out comes at the next scan :hugs:

Abbey08 at this point its normal for ms to ease off instead of having 1 good day out of 3 you will start to have 2 good days at 9 weeks the placenta starts to take over looking after baby as well and that can help with MS although it can come back with a bang at 10 weeks before fully going
also your cervix can be super sensitive so your doc is right about sex can cause that to happen

I keep an eye out and if your really worried go in and get a scan because worrying would not be good for your or baby :hugs:

Thank you CelticNiamh I really appreciate your reply! I am trying my best to stay calm and hopeful as whatever is going on cannot be stopped so I'm better off being calm. I will be praying for you!!

Love your status change Celtic - way to go!! We have to always keep our chins up.

I go for my ultrasound at 9am, should have results by around 10. I'm a wreck. I'll update when I know.

Love your status change Celtic - way to go!! We have to always keep our chins up.

I go for my ultrasound at 9am, should have results by around 10. I'm a wreck. I'll update when I know.

Sunshine I am really hoping you had good news today :hugs:

No good news here. Baby never woke. Measuring 6 weeks. I'm not doing great but better than I thought. My D&C is booked Wednesday. I'm sad and scared to try again. I know I will but it feels like such a set back. It took 4 months after my last one.

My OB said after my first period we can start testing to see what's wrong he said it could be something, or unfortunately just bad luck. But because it's been 2 mc in a row and no successful pregnancies we need to start looking

No good news here. Baby never woke. Measuring 6 weeks. I'm not doing great but better than I thought. My D&C is booked Wednesday. I'm sad and scared to try again. I know I will but it feels like such a set back. It took 4 months after my last one.

My OB said after my first period we can start testing to see what's wrong he said it could be something, or unfortunately just bad luck. But because it's been 2 mc in a row and no successful pregnancies we need to start looking

I am so sorry Sunshine I was really hoping for good news for you it is just not fair I am glad he is planning on testing and will they also do test on baby after the procedure
again I am so sorry and sending you huge hugs this is just so unfair

Thanks Celtic. It does feel really unfair. I know things could always be worse but I feel like such a huge set back. Devastated.

So sorry Celtic and sunshine , I found out Tuesday at 11 weeks that baby stopped growing at 8wk 5 days :( So MMC im having d&c today . Thinking of you both xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->