Pregnant and Massages

AshNAmber

Loving our Baby Boy
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. We already booked our vacation a couple months ago for a cruise. We also booked a couples massage. By the time we leave ill be 10wks. Is ok for me to get a message. I'm seeing mixed things about it online.

There is a thing called a prenatal massage. I'd ask the cruise line if they massage therapist can do prenatal massage. I'm not sure if there are any times when a prenatal shouldn't be done.

The place I asked about prenatal massage will not do it before 13 weeks.

You can't have a regular message but you may be able to have a pre natal one, I was only 8 weeks when I had one previously so different places must have different guidelines

My husband gives me neck shoulder and calf massages and I'm around 8 weeks now. I think if you limit it to certain areas like shoulder and calfs and not hips or stomach area then you should be ok, like having your partner give you a massage at home. And have them press gently. I'm no doc of course but I think in this way you can still go on the massage session. Deep massages should be avoided during pregnancy though is what I heard. A good massage therapist will first ask you of the areas you want to focus on, so you should be able to just stay away from the torso area.

My sister is a masseuse and she will not gives massages to anyone in their first trimester. I had a massage on holiday at 14 weeks and was lovely. How long are you on holiday for? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->