Pregnant and terrified....

phantomfaery1

Mum to Marshall + 1 angel
Reaction score
Found out im pregnant 4 days ago and for some reason i feel so full of dread and i dont know why :-( me and my partner have had a couple of rough patches but we do love each other very much. He is shocked and happy about this but i just dont know how i feel about it. I have a 2 year old already and with him working away alot it has been a difficult year. I just feel like everything is so unknown i have so many fears and worries. I had alot of complications in my last pregnancy (sfd/growth ******ation/ low liquer volume/emergency c section) and im scared of it happening again it was so horrible having scans every week and the constant anxiety. Not only this they have to cut my sertraline dose down to try and wean me off . so i guess that was doesnt help :-( . i hope nobody thinks im being ingrateful as i know alot of women who would kill to be in my position and i know what it is like x it took me 3 years ttcs my son so i understand the fustrations. Something just doesnt feel right :-(

I didn't want to read and run. Hopefully you start to feel better about it all soon :hugs:

Sorry to hear you're feeling this way. I can definitely relate to the dread and being terrified. My reason is because i suffer such bad anxiety and am now not on meds (i was on sertraline too). I just keep telling myself that I'll be so in love with that little baby once they are here, even if the pregnancy is tough you never regret that baby once they are in your arms. Hugs to you, things will calm down in the next few weeks :) also its good that your OH is happy about it x

Thankyou for your lovely reply x im on sertraline for severe anxiety too and since cutting down my dose i can defo feel the difference, think it might be like 70% of why i am feeling like this x your message has reassured me alot x your due date is only a couple of months before mine x would it be ok to chat x pregnancy buddies :)

Congratulations hun :) It might take a while to sink in and get your head round the news.
I ended back up on Sertraline when I was pregnant with my Dr's permission as I was suffering badly with anxiety and depression. It is the favoured anxiety medication if you do have to take something when you're pregnant. :hugs:

Finding out your pregnant unexpectedly can be tough, I had a really rough ride with coming to terms with this pregnancy and anxiety played a huge part in that because of the experience with my youngest daughter. It does get easier, Make sure you talk about it though and let people help you. I’m actually excited about this baby now but at the start I didn’t want anything to do with the pregnancy and felt nothing at my first scan.

I can completely understand your anxiety, hun. My pregnancies haven't been easy either... I know saying this after going through four and then being pregnant again sounds like I love it but honestly it is hard to enjoy them. I've had three pregnancy losses but when I do get a sticky bean, I get severe MS the first 20 weeks and then spend the last 20 weeks with SPD. I had polyhydramnios in my last pregnancy which led to the premature birth of my son so yeah... I'm completely on edge about this pregnancy especially since it was completely unplanned. I've found most of the ladies on here are very understanding and supportive. They really helped me get through my last three pregnancies.

:hugs::hugs:

I had DS and then DD ( c-sections, NICU stay with DD)... with DD2 i was a NERVOUS wreck. Constant anxiety. Mentally, it was rough. We made it though. VBA2C and no complications. :thumbup:

You do not need to feel ashamed or ungrateful for being afraid. Pregnancy IS scary when you aren't in a solid, confident place with your s/o and also your life in general. I've been there. My first pregnancy was terrifying. God got me out of what I was fearing the most: instability for my children and a destroyed relationship with my s/o. That second baby ended up bringing more stability and more commitment from my now husband. It took several months to get into a good place across the board though and it was hard and ugly. But the kids are good, we're good, it's all good. Your fears of the future and uncertainty will steal your joy, so try to take it one day at a time and try having some heart-to-heart talks with your s/o about what you're both expecting and how you'll both manage. It'll be more helpful to talk about this before baby arrives. I understand if none of this advice seems to fit your situation, I just want to share how it worked out for us. We turned to God and he found a way for us. If you're not a believer, my advice is to consider praying and see what happens. Nothing ever worked out in my life until I found Jesus. Hugs to you and hope you're feeling okay. Breathe mama, this will pass and soon you will have a precious baby in your arms and the smell of him/her will calm you <3

Sorry its been a while since i replied but thankyou so mich to you all for the kind words at a really difficult time x me and my s/o are now ttc and better than ever :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->