Pregnant at 39 but will be 3rd csection at 40

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Over 35' started by Aliza2010, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Aliza2010

Aliza2010 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies
    Just wanted to ask. Is there anyone who managed to have a healthy and happy outcome in situation similar to mine? I’m 39 will be 40 soon and looking at 3rd c section. Last baby was 7 years ago. Any stories of success?
    Thanks xx

2. Plex

Plex Well-Known Member

Hi! Not a success stories but I'm 38 and pregnant with my second. Had my first 7 and a half years ago. We could be bump buddies? :friends:

Aliza2010 likes this.
  3. Aliza2010

Aliza2010 Well-Known Member

Congrats to you! Yes numb buddies would be awesome! How are you feeling? I’ve obviously got zero symptoms as I just got a bfp few days ago xx

Plex likes this.
  4. Plex

Plex Well-Known Member

Hey :) I'm feeling really sick. I've lost weight and I don't want to eat anything! I had ms with my son but not this extreme, or maybe I have a selective memory lol :lol:
    How far along are you? X

5. Plex

Plex Well-Known Member

I'll be 39 when this bundle arrives x

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Not exactly like yours as I'd never had kids, but I had my daughter when I was 46. She was my surprise blessing! In other words, I wasn't on any fertility meds and had given up on ever having a baby. The only issue I had, which wasn't bad, was my water broke at 35w1d and I had her the next. So she was almost 5 weeks early, but healthy, just a bit jaundiced. Good luck and congratulations!

7. lilnessi

lilnessi Well-Known Member

i hope there are success stories lol! I am currently pregnant with my 3rd and just turned 40 in December (this baby is due in August). This will be my 3rd c-section as well. I am not worried though!

8. AngelUK

AngelUK Mum of twin boys

Not my success story but I have a friend who has had a rainbow baby last year at just before 45 y old and it was her 3rd csection. The previous one was 3 years ago in 2015 and her first in 2012. She did say it was a harder recovery but she is doing fine now. Good luck to you!

ETA I should add that all hers were emergency csections in varying degrees of urgency.