Pregnant at 45, 2 HCG tests slowly rising

Medic12

Reaction score
I posted but then seems my post disappeared?(shrug)
I’m 45 DH and I TTC and I got a bfp on 1/23! Yay
1/26 HCG measured 101
1/28 HCG measured 120

I know th it’s not doubled, I’ve never in any of my pregnancies (I have 4 children) watched my trend.

My HPTs frer have shown increasingly dark lines, this early afternoon showing a slightly paler than test line and 8 hours later (after half-caf coffee and water) just as dark as test line! Yet doc calls me tonight (1/28) saying well it hasn’t doubled (I’ve only had the two tests) so you should expect a miscarriage, have a good night bla bla - I’m very upset. I understand it “should” double and I’m going day after tomorrow for another test but I’ve read it doesn’t always mean miscarriage. Any similar experience go on with successful pregnancies?
I’ve had miscarriages before, I am realistic and I know the risks and stats but felt her delivery was uncalled for.

Unfortunately you need more than a 20% rise in 48 hours. I'm sorry but those levels will eventually decrease and a miscarriage will occur. I'm so sorry.

I'm 46 and TTC currently.
I really hope that your doctor is wrong and you just have a slow riser. The tests getting darker must be a good sign! I wish you so much luck over the next 48 hours.

Thanks everyone! Third hcg test showed a steep drop to 59 so we have been kind of expecting the worst? But doc said to stay on progesterone for the next week and come in for more blood labs to be sure. So that’s what I’m doing!

currently no bleeding, spotting, or cramping (yay) and feeling very fatigued. Early I know but nauseas today too. Not my first rodeo, always hopeful, but realistic as well. I’ll post Friday an update of blood labs. Thank you all for your replies!

PS, maybe silly woman thoughts, but feeling very pregnant atm. Bloaty belly from hormones (lovely lol). ‍♀️♀️♀️

Just drank two bottles of water, maybe a two hour hold then tested with clear blue digital. 36 hours past last HCG test which showed 59. Anyone know what miU this digi reads at?

DDADAA51-0DC2-4579-8DD3-8F7085B7685D.jpeg

I'm not sure but I'm hoping all goes well. Thinking of you ❤️

So I used a digital test yesterday.
And today I broke it open so I could interpret the lines. It was very light compared to the control line.
So the digital test I took tonight- look at the comparisons.

Yesterday’s is on top, tonight’s on bottom. ‍♀️

87EF6534-5B1B-4E17-B124-7D566765888F.jpeg

Even when they’re negative? Both of these read positive, I’m comparing the intensity of the test line and m like what the heck.....

So I’ll post two FRERs. this morning with FMU and this evening with diluted urine. Tonight’s seems darker?

481DC8C5-6D13-4CBD-A201-992583D0F2E3.jpeg 2EAB2826-4F05-4586-A554-400787B7EB0F.jpeg

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck :dust:. Also progesterone plays a huge role in causing bloating, so that's possibly why you feel so bloated atm. I've seen others have super slow progression & ended up just fine. I hope this is the case for you as well.

Last edited:
I’m so so very sorry. But a decrease in hcg always means miscarriage. You need to prepare yourself. I’m so sorry this is happening to you. Hcg leaves urine after it leaves blood so your lines may take a while to lighten or disappear. I’m sorry.

I'm sorry, originally I only read your first post. Now that I have read through some of your updates, It's sad to say but it does sound like you will end up having a miscarriage. I've never read any stories of decreasing HCG levels and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. I'm so sorry this is happening to you :hugs:.

I’m so so very sorry. But a decrease in hcg always means miscarriage. You need to prepare yourself. I’m so sorry this is happening to you. Hcg leaves urine after it leaves blood so your lines may take a while to lighten or disappear. I’m sorry.

Oh I’m prepared...this isn’t my first Mc unfortunately but given my age had hoped for a successful sooner rather than later! This is my first time tracking hcg. I’m a bit of a research nut

I'm sorry, originally I only read your first post. Now that I have read through some of your updates, It's sad to say but it does sound like you will end up having a miscarriage. I've never read any stories of decreasing HCG levels and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy. I'm so sorry this is happening to you :hugs:.

thanks... I have had miscarriages before so I saw the signs, just the first time for me measuring hcg. Fx’d for next time! I try to stay positive, as disappointing as it is.
I have four gorgeous children so I know I can have babies, just gah! Two mc’s in a row now.

So I tested with FRER this morning and- predictably- barely visible line. Doc wants me to stay on progesterone until Friday- but will that delay Mc from manifesting? I’ve heard women Bled while on P but I have always stopped when I discovered it wasn’t viable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->