Pregnant at the wedding?

babywest

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience being pregnant at their wedding? My fiancé and are will be getting married in August and are not currently trying but also not preventing either. We would be thrilled to get pregnant but at the same time I'm not sure if that would cause issues with the wedding. I would likely be in my first trimester which I understand is when many women suffer morning sickness/nausea. Id hate to not enjoy my wedding because I'm sick or too exhausted. If anyone has any experience with this id love to hear. Thanks so much!

I don't have experience but you'd have to make sure your dress could child with your fault changing size, also no champagne to celebrate (if you don't want to tell people it's a huge give away), plus there is the risk of sickness and tiredness. But your choice really it depends what your want from your wedding day

I was 34 weeks pregnant! Honestly, it was terrible. Most of it was related to the 3rd trimester though so wont apply to you. I was huge, like 40lbs+ heavier, I've been skinny all my life and on all my wedding pictures I've got a moon face and flabby arms. I hate looking at the pictures. My feet were so swollen I couldnt fit into my $200 wedding shoes and at the last minute borrowed my mum's shoes. My dress was some horrid maternity dress and not the princess gown I had always thought I would wear. I coulnd't enjoy the alcohol. My fingers swelled and at the ceremony my dh forced on the ring, I spent 2hrs+ of my wedding night trying to get the flippin thing off and almost went to emergency. During my honeymoon again I couldnt have any alcohol.

During the first trimester your body will still be pretty much the same so fitting into your dream dress and looking your best wont be an issue, but if you are unlucky and get struck down with morning (all day!) sickness you may not enjoy your day as much. During my first trimester all I want to do is vomit and sleep.

I was 27 weeks pregnant at my wedding. It didn't really matter as we had a small relaxed wedding, just the actual marriage, then a meal with our guests (which lasted quite a long time but wasn't too uncomfy, the only thing was I still had morning sickness so had a near miss trying to get to the toilet to be sick in between courses lol) and then a rest before a small get together at my inlaws. Being pregnant was a good excuse to go for a rest and have some time just DH and I :). I wouldn't have wanted to get married in my 1st tri as I was so nauseus/sick and tired, it would have been horrible. Getting married in my 1st tri during my 2nd pregnancy would have been OK though- not ideal but not undoable.
My brothers friend got married last year and at the reception all the tables had seemingly random numbers. They asked the guests on each table to chat to each other and work out what the numbers were- they were significant to each group. My brother and his friends were on table number 27, it was the number of their form group at school. Anyway then they asked everyone what they thought the numer for the head table was, no one could guess. Then they announced that it was the date their first baby was due, the bride was 13 weeks pregnant. Everyone went nuts apparently, all so excited! I thought that was lovely, a really fun way of announcing the pregnancy and the icing on top of the wedding cake, so to speak :)

No way I wouldn't have liked that. First trimester would be the worst personally, I very much doubt you would have issues with your dress, but I didn't get sickness just a lot of nausea and honestly it just isn't nice, I still can't eat certain things or watch certain programmes I was watching last year in first trimester as it brings back the memories! First tri can also be knackering, I got headaches and even an upset stomach a lot. You just don't know how you will be, you might have the easiest first tri ever, you could have HG, to me your wedding day isn't worth the risk.

The only trimester I would consider is second, before being too big but usually feeling the healthiest/strongest, but that said I still wouldn't have wanted to be pregnant in my dress.

We ended up marrying when DS1 was 3 months old, that wasn't ideal either in terms of planning, but I was back to my pre pregnancy weight, feeling great, could have a glass of wine, other people could watch DS, the only issues were with expressing and pumping, (and avoiding sick up on my dress!!) but ideally, I would always have preferred to marry first, you're so close, I personally would hold off. Just my 2 cents of course :)

I was very sick throughout pregnancy so it would've totally ruined my day. If I were in your situation I'd wait a few months longer and get married first.

I cant comment on being pregnant as i'm still waiting. But i did have a virus for the week before my wedding which left me exhusted feeling sick constantly and unable to eat for the week before (even morning of) my wedding, couple that with the stress of wedding planning and i can tell you it was not pleasent and was extreamly stressful. I can imagine being pregnant would be 10x worse than this!
I agree with marinewag, your wedding deserves to be special. I'd wanna concentrate on one big life event at a time!

I agree with the others. I wasn't pregnant (we're going to be TTC #1 in August; got married in September 2012), but I can't imagine I'd have liked to be. It was already a stressful day with so many nerves, making me feel nauseous. I can't imagine adding actual nausea on top of that. Since your wedding is so soon, I'd wait until the honeymoon to start TTC if you can. Obviously it's your choice and I have a hunch you'll be happy either way :)

I was 6 weeks pregnant on my wedding day! We didn't expect to get pregnant that quickly, honestly even tho I had terrible sickness and nausea in the morning, the ceremony was at 2.30 so felt fine for that and it was so special saying our vows looking at each other knowing we had this wonderful secret. Evening was difficult as I was nauseous but it didn't spoil anything, the excitement of the day just took over from the tiredness and we had a fantastic day! Honeymoon was a different story tho, no escaping the morning/evening sickness!

I wouldn't have changed a thing, I was glowing and actually had some boobs to fill my wedding dress which I had no problem getting into...and I was just so happy :)

Having said all that though, you just never know how you'll be, but for me I was lucky it was still VERY early on.

Personally I would not like to be pregnant on my wedding day...not because of general discomfort or having a big bump but because something about it just doesn't seem "right" to me. I would never judge anybody else for it though. I plan on getting married July 30th 2015 and we are starting TTC on Saturday this week and if I end up still pregnant by the time i'd get married then I would put off the wedding personally.

Everyone has different opinions though and I totally respect everybody's but it's just not for me

I was 8 weeks pregnant at my wedding with my second baby, and i will say, i felt awful, i had terrible morning sickness, i just felt so drained and tired. BUT, it didnt ruin my day, i just took it easy, i couldnt get up and dance in the evening like everyone else as i felt so ill but me and dh were trying for ages for that baby, and had miscarriages before that, so there was no way i was going to hold off on trying. At the end of the day, the guests had a fab time, and i was married, to me thats all that mattered.

Wasn't pregnant at my wedding but been pregnant and had a wedding lol there was no way on earth I could have managed if I was pregnant. I had to be up at 6am to be showered ready to be at my mums for 7.15 for the girl coming to do my nails, hair and make up and dident get home till after midnight. I was exhausted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->