pregnant at wedding

callmedan

Reaction score
me and OH were going to start TTC last month then we decided to wait till our wedding in May 2015 and start TTC on our honeymoon
he now wants to start NTNP from January/February which I said ok but if im not pregnant i want to be on BC the month before the wedding so im not brand newly pregnant at the wedding/not wondering/so I can be sure I wont have AF on my wedding or honeymoon

so I could possibly be 8-16 weeks pregnant at our wedding, i dont drink alcohol so thats no problem but I am a bit worried about morning sickness or not fitting in my dress! im quite slim (size UK 10) and hoping to lose a few pounds/get fitter for my wedding, it wouldnt matter if I was showing a tiny bit i guess
if i was pregnant we wouldnt tell anyone (had the cute idea of getting our photographer to take a sneaky picture of him kissing my belly at the wedding then sending that as postcards for thank you notes!)

has anyone been pregnant at there wedding? do you think i would regret not waiting? im just a tad worried! thanks x

Well i don't think its necessarily a bad thing i think its cute

You really just have to weigh the pros and cons and see what works best for you and your soon to be husband. My DF and I had this predicament when we fell pregnant with DS (he was a "wonderful whoops") after we had already bought my dress and paid the deposit on our venue. In the end we decided that it was best not to go down the aisle at 9 months pregnant seeing as we could not return my dress, I would be too obviously pregnant (which I did not want at my wedding) and it would be really uncomfortable. I don't regret my decision to wait until after DS was born. As of now our new wedding date is June 6, 2015 and we are taking extra special care not to fall pregnant again before this time.

The first trimester is rough. In my experience, I felt totally normal and fine and not pregnant at all up until about 7 weeks pregnant. I can't guarantee the same for you as every woman is different, but most women don't start to feel nauseous until at least 6 weeks pregnant (if they end up feeling nauseous or having morning sickness at all). Bloating, cramps, and sore boobs can also happen along with many other undesirable pregnancy symptoms starting from implantation onward though.

If you want my honest opinion I would say that it's better to wait and not take the risk of uncomfortable pregnancy symptoms at your wedding. You want to be dancing and having a good time with your new husband, not falling asleep during the reception toast due to 1st trimester exhaustion. I know that WTT sucks, but it's worth waiting one or two months for something like your wedding day and you can always start trying that night.

My sister was 4 months pregnant at her wedding. Although she wasn't showing, she had to have her dress let out to accommodate her bloat. Looking back at her wedding pictures, it wasn't noticeable at all, but she cried on the morning of her wedding. She felt that her perfect dress didn't fit so perfectly after having it altered again, she couldn't have any champagne while getting ready, she had morning sickness as well as the normal wedding day nerves. It also meant she couldn't enjoy her honeymoon as much as she would've liked.

Personally, I'd avoid it. I had an easy pregnancy with DD, but 1st tri is hard. I was constantly tired, hungry, nauseous. Not what you want on your wedding day and honeymoon.

I personally wouldn't, it's too much of a gamble as to how first trimester could be, I personally don't get the rush when people know they're getting married soon anyway. I don't think it'll ruin the day necessarily, but I wouldn't have wanted to feel nauseous on my wedding day like I did last year, plus I found the build up to it a bit stressful which wouldn't have been good for baby. Also, there's so few big things in life I think it's nice to space things out a bit especially for the sake of a couple months. That said, we married when DS1 was 3 months old lol. But no I wouldn't TTC before a wedding.

thanks for the replies, i think deep down i know that waiting and having our wedding first will be better in the long run, just anything to reduce the amount of time we are waiting! feels like its never going to get here!
plus two ladies at my work who just had babies brought them in this week, i was texting my OH like i want a baby right now!!

It's understandable, it's hard waiting. I remember being in WTT the first time and it seemed like everyone around me was either pregnant or had just had a baby. It's definitely worth waiting until you've done the things you want to do before starting your family. Ours was a holiday, I want DD to be a part of our wedding when we get married, and I'm so glad we had that holiday before ttc. It was the last time we really spoilt ourselves before knuckling down and saving up. If, deep down, you want your wedding first, then trust in that. You'll get your little family, a couple of extra months planning last minutes bits for your wedding will fly by.

I know it's hard to wait but I personally wouldn't have wanted to ttc before my wedding unless there were special circumstances like medical reasons it might take a while. You don't know how pregnancy will affect you and while everything might be fine you could have bad morning sickness or other symptoms that would affect your enjoyment of the day. I know it's hard when it seems like everyone around you is having babies though. On the bright side at least having the wedding to plan gives something else to focus on, I know i found that the months leading up to my wedding went SO fast.

I've been thinking about whether or not I want to start trying before a big trip. Part of my concern is if I have morning sickness this time around or just the fatigue that comes with it, plus having a toddler this time around. In the end I've weighed the pros and cons and you have to do just that: weigh the pros and cons and decide what's right for you. Do you want to risk unpleasant symptoms during your wedding, or is that not really a concern for you? What about being tired? You might want to plan around that possibility since you can get quite exhausted while pregnant. I'd say it's doable, but you have to decide what's right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->