?pregnant but having period??

Mrs.S.

Reaction score
Need some help ladies...
DH and I have been ttc dc 3 for the last year. We had 2 mc (jan/april). I've been having af as normal since last mc however this month I've been having random spotting since the end of af 12 days ago (currently cd18). Anyway I Googled my symptoms and the suggestion was to ensure I wasn't pregnant. Thinking there was no way I could be due to af I took an ic - positive result! Went and bought a frer in disbelief and instantly it came up a strong positive...is this even possible??

I have no idea how far along I would be as I've been having af, concerned re. The intermittent bleeding and previous mc's this year... and just in complet shock!! Any advise/reassurance/opinions welcome. Going to make a doc appointment in the morning.

Thank you xx

I had five days of a very light period at the beginning of this month. I took a test 2 weeks later and got an EXTREMELY strong BFP. So my light period was actually implantation or just my hormones being wonky. Some people have light bleeding every single month when they would normally get their period, even though they're pregnant. That has never happened to me before this pregnancy, so I had no idea I could have been pregnant!

Thanks for your reply. Been to the docs this morning and he's saying that the last 'period' I'm describing sounds like an early mc and that I'm probably just showing + for the moment. I'm not convinced though. Going back this afternoon for bloods to be done. In limbo for the next week or so X

It's rare but some women don't stop having periods when they get pregnant

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear! Having to take a wait-and-see approach sucks!!!! I'm here for you if you need to talk.... I hope everything is okay with you!

It could be you had a MC but I dont think there is any reason to assume you have. It is not that unusual to bleed during pregnancy. Limbo is horrid. Hugs

That doesn't sound like my miscarriages. When I miscarried it was a super heavy period like flow with lots of clots. I would be on ultra heavy tampons and still bleed through in about 4 hours and the heavy bleeding lasted for at least 3-4 days. If you are having spotting then it might be just that you have a sensitive uterus. I'll be hoping it all works out for you! At least a blood test will let you know one way or another!

Thanks ladies 😙 I'm holding on to hope at the moment as this has been nothing lime my previous mc's. Plus I'm thinking that even if I did have an early mc (which going by the ad before would have been at 4+1), surely my hcg level would have returned to normal 19 days past it? It only took 1 week max the last 2 times (7+6 and 5+3).
Anyway, I've been back to the docs for my blood test so will find out on Monday what my levels are and take it from there. My doc done a pg test also and told me after 10 seconds it was -. I told him he needed to wait a little longer to make that decision and sure enough before the minute was up it was a blazing +. He's still saying he doesn't think it's a true pregnancy so will wait and see and hope he's wrong!

Thanks for the support. I'll keep you posted! Xx

He doesn't really seem to understand much about it. Or maybe he just doesn't want to get your hopes up? I agree that it doesnt really sound like a 'typical' MC. With early losses tests are often negative before any bleeding and if you were a bit further along you would usually expect much heavier bleeding.

That sounds reeeeeeally weird. I don't know how your area works - any way to see a different doctor for a second opinion???? I mean, I like to think that these doctors - especially OBs - have been doing this for so long that they know better than we do, buuuuut... I've had 4 babies, and someone (nurses/stand-in midwives at the hospital) has gotten something wrong during every pregnancy. So, I know it's not true at all. I definitely think you'd at least have a weak BFP by now if nothing else.

Hey ladies.

Still in limbo hell. I had to chase up my doc today as he failed to call me with my hcg results. Couldn't track him down so I ended up going to the early pregnancy assessment unit at the hospital and the midwives looked up my results. They were 148 on Friday. They've taken repeat bloods today and will phone me in the morning to let me know if they have increased or decreased.

I think 148 would place me around 4/5 weeks pregnant which doesn't really go with any dates for what I thought would be my 'period' as my last one started on 14th November (3 weeks ago) and the one before was 17th October (7 weeks ago). any reassurance/advise re. Hcg levels would be great.

Thanks ladies xxx

At 4 weeks since LMP,my hcg was 46 so your original dates could still be correct. GL with your new hcg test...the range of hcg is so broad that a person really can't estimate how far along you are based on it. Hopefully your new hcg comes back double the amount which means all is doing exactly as it should. Congratulations!

Thank you Aphy. I have everything crossed x

It doesn't look good ladies 😢. I got my bloods back from yesterday hcg level was 151. So only risen by 3 in around 68 hours... I have to go in for more bloods and a scan on Thursday as they are thinking either ectopic or molar pregnancy...
Any hope for me? Xxx

Oh no Mrs S :hugs: I am so sorry! I hope they can give you answers about what's going on

Really sorry to hear that. I hope you at least get clear answers soon. Hugs

Oh, that is terrible news. I'm so sorry to hear :hugs:

Hey ladies

Just an update for you. Had my scan and more bloods today. Levels far too low to see anything in my uterus but tubes and ovaries look clear at this point.

Had more bloods taken and my hcg has risen to 187 from 151 on Monday. Still not doubling by any means. They tested my progesterone also to check for incomplete mc but that was sitting at 21. (She said anything under 10 would be mc).

I have go back again in 2 days for repeat bloods and another scan and talk 'treatment options' I'm so confused by all of this! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->