Pregnant days after MC??

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
I had a very early miscarriage on the 20th of July. I miscarriaged almost right after my BFP. My OB Gyn said we can proceed having sex like usual, and when the body is ready I should be able to get pregnant again. So after the bleeding stopped we continued like usual and 2 days later I get hit with nausea, fatigue and a weird feeling near my cervix and uterus. Almost like and achy feeling but not like PMS and I always get these when I conceive it seems. I consulted my a doctor (my original doctor was on vacation) and she said it is pretty much impossible that I am pregnant again. She did a blood test with the hcg levels being under 5...which does not surprise me because I read one should wait until a week after conception to do a blood test and not a couple of days. With the result she was even more convinced I am not pregnant and said I can't suspect I'm pregnant by symptoms... (how did women in the past suspect it before their missed period?)

Here are my symptoms: One day after my bleeding from the MC had started my pregnancy symptoms went away and my uterus shrank. That day when I said it just hit me out of nowhere they returned after just one week. Right now I get daily fatigue, strong nausea, bad constipation (5 days no bm, never happens to me) my uterus is growing again and I have growing pains.
I do have a little bump that sits very low, which might be visible because I am very thin...maybe it is from everything expanding.

My temperature is staying up as well (from 36.5 C to 37.1C). I will attach my chart so maybe someone can have a look at the symptoms and temp. rise to tell me when I possibly conceived and IF it is possible I am pregnant? I have no idea when I would be supposed to get my period since I haven't had any with the MC and all. And I can not see the bleeding of the MC as a period because I would have ovulated two weeks after right?

And when do you suggest I can test at home? The local OB thinks I am crazy for suspecting I am pregnant and I really don't want to bug her and just wait for my doctor to return (17th).

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1438862067989.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1438862067989.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2
The first time around I had a blighted ovum. I had to have a d&c. The dr told me to wait til my next period and then try again. I did and got pregnant the first month. They say once u are pregnant it's a lot easier to get pregnant again right away

If you do test, please be aware that the HCG horomone might still be present from the MC. It took me a couple months to clear all the hcg from my system. But i also have heard of people getting pregnant right after a mc. Feel free to test, perhaps with a weeks estimator tests. Take one this week, if positive it will show you weeks since conception, Then take one another one in 7 days. If the weeks are increasing, you might be preggo! Good luck!!

I'm in a similar situation. I got my bfp July 13th approx and bled July 16th for three days. Took a test and back to negative.

Since start of the week I have symptoms I never get unless pregnant. Sore boobs, insomnia, nausea, pains low down, lower back ache, constipation, bloat. Weird. I'm 90% sure I'm pregnant again although my OH thinks I am crazy. I will be testing a week from today I think.

Have you tested since MC to ensure your levels are back to normal? That's what I done. That way, when I do test I know it's 100% a new pregnancy.

Good luck to you :)

It sounds like they checked her beta and it being under 5,its likely any positive from now on would be a new pregnancy unless I read that wrong. It is possible to ovulate sooner after a mc so I wouldn't rule it out but I will say I still had a lot of symptoms after my mc even after getting a negative test but I ended up getting pregnant again before getting af anyway. I would test if I was you. Do you have any idea if you've ovulated or when?

The first time around I had a blighted ovum. I had to have a d&c. The dr told me to wait til my next period and then try again. I did and got pregnant the first month. They say once u are pregnant it's a lot easier to get pregnant again right away
Yes I have heard about that too, that the chances of getting pregnant after a MC are higher.

If you do test, please be aware that the HCG horomone might still be present from the MC. It took me a couple months to clear all the hcg from my system. But i also have heard of people getting pregnant right after a mc. Feel free to test, perhaps with a weeks estimator tests. Take one this week, if positive it will show you weeks since conception, Then take one another one in 7 days. If the weeks are increasing, you might be preggo! Good luck!!

I'm in a similar situation. I got my bfp July 13th approx and bled July 16th for three days. Took a test and back to negative.

Since start of the week I have symptoms I never get unless pregnant. Sore boobs, insomnia, nausea, pains low down, lower back ache, constipation, bloat. Weird. I'm 90% sure I'm pregnant again although my OH thinks I am crazy. I will be testing a week from today I think.

Have you tested since MC to ensure your levels are back to normal? That's what I done. That way, when I do test I know it's 100% a new pregnancy.

Good luck to you :)

Yes I did get a blood test done after my MC which was 5 one day after with a very faint hpt as well and 4 days after it was down to 0 and the hpt was also negative.
So I was thinking beta hcg levels higher than 0 are not bad even though I need to be above 5 at some point :)

It sounds like they checked her beta and it being under 5,its likely any positive from now on would be a new pregnancy unless I read that wrong. It is possible to ovulate sooner after a mc so I wouldn't rule it out but I will say I still had a lot of symptoms after my mc even after getting a negative test but I ended up getting pregnant again before getting af anyway. I would test if I was you. Do you have any idea if you've ovulated or when?

No, I don't know when I ovulated. I started tracking my temperature later because I was not expecting for anything to work out so early. Originally I was thinking I might have to wait for one cycle.

I got pregnant with my son immediately after a miscarriage. Within 3 weeks of it. My doctor thought I was crazy when I called to get a pregnancy confirmation appointment because she had personally confirmed my miscarriage. She said I couldn't be pregnant but we would do a blood test. Miracles do happen. :)

I got pregnant with my son immediately after a miscarriage. Within 3 weeks of it. My doctor thought I was crazy when I called to get a pregnancy confirmation appointment because she had personally confirmed my miscarriage. She said I couldn't be pregnant but we would do a blood test. Miracles do happen. :)

Oh haha..that sounds like my doctor. She treated me like someone who was having a psychosomatic pregnancy :haha:..I know ovulating a few days after the bleeding stops seems odd but it brought me back to pretty much my old cycle where I would ovulate around a similar time. I should be able to test end of next week!

I do have a faint positive today! :) I hope it will stick...I will feel better if I make it past the 5 week mark, or 6 weeks. Around this time last time I had a miscarriage.

I am so happy for you and I hope your little one sticks in there! Good luck and congratulations!

Congrats Marumi!!
How exciting.
I hope this is your success story. Every time is different, so sticky vibes coming your way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"